Personality Cafe banner

841 - 860 of 1214 Posts

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,539 Posts
Do ESFPs really fear long-term/serious relationships? I can't help myself but to be really attracted to ESFPs :confused:
Not me, but this is probably a case by case basis with an individual and where they are in life. I just got through a divorce (3.5 years married and 5 years together) so there's that. I only want to find someone I can be in a committed relationship with, and I find that as I date I can quickly decide whether a person fits this criteria and move on pretty quickly if I haven't formed some sort of attachment to them.

Reactions: SantaFox

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
How much of the ESFP stereotype do you agree with?
There are many stereotypes that are out there, which one do you mean?

I don't agree that we are:
Shallow
Dumb
Hyper-social
Party animals/drunks
Divas/Drama Queens

I agree that we are:
Helpful
Fun-loving
Undisciplined

Reactions: SantaFox

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,539 Posts
How much of the ESFP stereotype do you agree with?
Agree
1. I actually know myself to be somewhat of a drama queen, although at my older age I suppress it the best I can.
2. I do have a tendency to be unorganized and go with the flow
3. I used to be a party animal, but once again in my older age I do not find them interesting anymore because its been done before.

Disagree
1. I hate the stereotype that we need to do work that has to deal with people or cannot do work that requires critical thinking. I work in software development! I taught myself how to program in java in under three months because I got moved into a department where it was advantageous to know java. Therefor I did all I could to get an advantage. I have to do a lot of critical thinking every day at work.

2. I'm also not lazy when it comes to work. I've learned that if I find something I really love doing you get all my effort and heart into the project. I did learn that I cannot handle boredom at work which causes me to procrastinate, so I understand where the lazy stereotype comes from. I now know that where ever I go, it better be action packed and yes when updates have to go out every thursday at work with a small team of developers and QA engineers, it can get really stressful and I love it.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
If there's one thing, fact, piece of advice, story... you could share with a young child hoping for a guiding light, what would you share?
(feel free to open interpretations)

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,539 Posts
@talon235
not to mention your avatar is a bunch of ecstasy pills..
Oh yes, I am admittedly a decently heavy drug user. No hiding that fact especially if you knew me back when I joined the forum in 2010. I've done it all except for heroin. Which falls in line with number 3 in agreement with being a party animal. I leave my avatar the way it is because honestly, it's still a part of my life as much as have stopped it they still pop up from time to time. My goal is to eventually get to a level of sobriety that I find acceptable. I would say during my marriage I was at my best not doing any hard drugs for almost 4 years. After recently getting divorced however I got back into the habits and slowly working them down again.

If there's one thing, fact, piece of advice, story... you could share with a young child hoping for a guiding light, what would you share?
(feel free to open interpretations)
If you are anything like me understand that you probably have the capacity to gather and hold a lot of information in a subject you are interested in. Take advantage of it, not as many people are able to do this as you are. I personally attribute it to the combination of Se and Te. Just understand that it's driven by Fi and the need to learn about something that is important to you. Find out what's important to you by trying out a lot of things and then run like wild into that subject of interest and persue it to your hearts content, which for me is never filled enough to satisfy my curiosity. Then use it to your advantage in every day life. Learn multiple subjects that interest you that have practical every day applications.

Reactions: Rafiki

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
There are many stereotypes that are out there, which one do you mean?

I don't agree that we are:
Shallow
Dumb
Hyper-social
Party animals/drunks
Divas/Drama Queens

I agree that we are:
Helpful
Fun-loving
Undisciplined
Wanted you to pick the one(s) which came to mind. :wink:

Agree
1. I actually know myself to be somewhat of a drama queen, although at my older age I suppress it the best I can.
2. I do have a tendency to be unorganized and go with the flow
3. I used to be a party animal, but once again in my older age I do not find them interesting anymore because its been done before.

Disagree
1. I hate the stereotype that we need to do work that has to deal with people or cannot do work that requires critical thinking. I work in software development! I taught myself how to program in java in under three months because I got moved into a department where it was advantageous to know java. Therefor I did all I could to get an advantage. I have to do a lot of critical thinking every day at work.

2. I'm also not lazy when it comes to work. I've learned that if I find something I really love doing you get all my effort and heart into the project. I did learn that I cannot handle boredom at work which causes me to procrastinate, so I understand where the lazy stereotype comes from. I now know that where ever I go, it better be action packed and yes when updates have to go out every thursday at work with a small team of developers and QA engineers, it can get really stressful and I love it.
Excellent. Good to see the barriers being broken down between what different types are capable of. Most if not all of what you said sounds a lot like me. :kitteh: (not the party animal ;;>_>)

Could you elaborate on the bolded, though? Do you love the stress or are these two separate statements?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would tell them to believe in themselves, look for answers in themselves first and to never give up.

I would also tell them there is no such thing as failure - but I won't expand on this cause it can be a huge topic (unless you're interested!).

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
I would tell them to believe in themselves, look for answers in themselves first and to never give up.

I would also tell them there is no such thing as failure - but I won't expand on this cause it can be a huge topic (unless you're interested!).
Go for it!
Or you can PM me if you'd like.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,539 Posts
Wanted you to pick the one(s) which came to mind. :wink:

Excellent. Good to see the barriers being broken down between what different types are capable of. Most if not all of what you said sounds a lot like me. :kitteh: (not the party animal ;;>_>)

Could you elaborate on the bolded, though? Do you love the stress or are these two separate statements?
At first I hated the stress, but as week after week goes by and I compare to a previous job I had that I hated, I realize that I was SO bored at the previous job and I never looked forward to work because of that. I've had to just learn through experience what I'd rather deal with and as it turns out I'd rather have a job that keeps me stressed out (albiet it has to be the right kind of stress) than keep a job that makes me bored.

Below are the stresses I've learned I can and cant handle. Also note these are work related stresses.

Can Handle a LOT of.
Needing to meet a hard deadline
Environments that require a lot of change and flexibility
Having to prove yourself and your intellect and having to learn constantly
Being good with people, but not so good that I have to kiss their ass.

Can't Handle too much or I explode.
Having to be nice all the time (customer service)
A job that is repetitive where I'm not learning and is thus boring
Having to deal with corporate politics. (can't Fe)
A job that requires ALOT of planning.

Reactions: Dora and SantaFox

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
I love to read a creepy book in bed, while drinking hot cocoa and cuddle. Whether with a cat or a partner when there is one, doesn't matter. Basically, getting cozy. And I love to leave the window open on ventilation, so that I can hear and smell the rain pour down.

Reactions: Sherwood Forest

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love to read a creepy book in bed, while drinking hot cocoa and cuddle. Whether with a cat or a partner when there is one, doesn't matter. Basically, getting cozy. And I love to leave the window open on ventilation, so that I can hear and smell the rain pour down.
That sounds really nice :happy: makes me want some hot chocolate.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
On the last really rainy day that we had, I painted rocks.
I have some more rocks to paint, as well as some jars.
Also, I have two hats and a pair of shoes to decorate with paint, buttons, and beads.
So I have a lot of rainy day activities waiting for me.

What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Do ESFPs like to poke, prod, and rile people up to get them to open up?? This ESFP guy that I'm close to ALWAYS DOES THIS TO ME! :frustrating:

841 - 860 of 1214 Posts