Personality Cafe banner

1001 - 1020 of 1214 Posts

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,986 Posts
Q: When an ESFP is under a lot of stress or some stress due to work and personal things, (if anyone could answer this as how it is like when you're a teenager thanks) what do you start to think, what do you do and how can anyone make this more comfortable for you, or help you?
Wow 3 questions but nvm, thanks already! c:
Hola! It's perfect for you to meet me, because I'm teenager ESFP. So let's get to the questions!

1) What do you start to think? I either deal with the core of the stress or if I don't think I can do that or just don't want I become very unproductive and procrastinate horribly. I just sometimes can't even start doing something, when I'm stressed. And I have been so frustrated with myself in the past, that I created thread in perC and explained my feelings at the time they happened: http://personalitycafe.com/advice-center/1053033-wtf-i-gotta-do-but.html
It really sucks to be honest. Most of the time I horribly wanna just end the stress.

2) What do you do? I accidentally answered it in my previous answer lol. As you have read I do nothing and when there is smallest fraction of time I just do all I can and in huge frustration of myself. Personally I should have read like 15 books this summer, guess what happened? Well teacher likely forgot to mention, that we should read those. My memory is rather good, so I'm pretty sure she didn't. We have a law to not assign students to do work on holidays. So I'm lawful bastard. I know, that I should read all that stuff, but I just can't even start doing that. I'm really pathetic human being. It sucks, it doesn't feel good, I'm lost, yet mental block of reading is present, after all I should just read, but my mind is like "one doesn't simply read books". I can only bear frustration, nothing more. It's all fucked up.

3) How can anyone make this more comfortable for you, or help you? Probably not much, but most of time I wouldn't mind friendly chatter or some random activity. I think it should help a bit. Maybe even being social may be helpful. Just something do that , that is perceived to be more valuable, than just doing that stresses me. It's really hard to say exact things. Also I'm somewhat bad at understanding my own feelings.

I hope I answered all the stuff you wanted to know :proud:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hola! It's perfect for you to meet me, because I'm teenager ESFP. So let's get to the questions!
Thanks! This answered all my questions. It's good to meet a fellow teenager, I'm a 15 yo ENFJ ;).
Again, thanks for answering. Btw your not pathetic, I should've read 7 english books but *ahem* never mind that (I mean, it's SUMMER, I'm too busy bingewatching movies with my friends instead of reading books...)

·
10,986 Posts
Thanks! This answered all my questions. It's good to meet a fellow teenager, I'm a 15 yo ENFJ ;).
Again, thanks for answering. Btw your not pathetic, I should've read 7 english books but *ahem* never mind that (I mean, it's SUMMER, I'm too busy bingewatching movies with my friends instead of reading books...)
Once I ran out of time in physics test and before knowing results I told my friend "It's more likely for me to build rocket and go to space, than pass that test". Now I have 16 days left and I didn't even took a look at book list. Sucks. That's probably a thin I call "metal block". Definition: I want to do something, but I can't just simply do it. There's no reason why I can't, but I just can't, that's it. Then frustration begins and eats me alive until deadline saves me (even if I fail the task). I'm pretty sure it's pathetic.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
If i am an esfp..
@Aberone

Q: When an ESFP is under a lot of stress or some stress due to work and personal things, (if anyone could answer this as how it is like when you're a teenager thanks) what do you start to think,
- I just wanna quit everything. And just do something else.

what do you do
- Distract myself from something new.

and how can anyone make this more comfortable for you, or help you?
- Well if the main goal is interesting or it's my passion then no problem, eventhough it's hard i will still pursue it no matter how hard or stressful because i want it. But if not, i kinda tend to experiment something else.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why are ESFP's stereotyped as being crazy outgoing party animals, hot popular cheerleaders who bully the nerd, and/or shallow + selfish attention seekers?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Why are ESFP's stereotyped as being crazy outgoing party animals, hot popular cheerleaders who bully the nerd, and/or shallow + selfish attention seekers?
>crazy outgoing party animals
E, Se
>hot popular cheerleaders
E, Se again
>bully the nerd
E, Fi, tert Te
>shallow
apparently all S are stereotyped as shallow
>selfish attention seekers
Fi, E, inf Ni

But yeah, these are just stereotypes.

·
10,986 Posts
>crazy outgoing party animals
E, Se
>hot popular cheerleaders
E, Se again
>bully the nerd
E, Fi, tert Te
>shallow
apparently all S are stereotyped as shallow
>selfish attention seekers
Fi, E, inf Ni

But yeah, these are just stereotypes.
I would have explained it very similarly, if person asked why.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
jealousy?
Seriously, I'm not sure.
That's a really negative characterization.
It's more like a caricature than a real human being.
Real human beings have many layers and many qualities.
Not just negative ones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, really hope someone can help me.

An ESFP and I got into an argument and we have agreed to talk about it in a few days. He doesn't want to talk but I've told him I need communication from him otherwise we will not learn from our argument. I want to know how to communicate my issues to him without being patronising and appearing like I'm too serious/forcing him to think long term about us.

What happened was I asked him an important relationship question and he ignored the question and thus ignored me for days. After me calling and messaging him many times he said he was angry and avoiding me because I asked him a very serious and negative question (in my mind it was a reasonable and practical question) and there was no way he knew how to answer it. I would have preferred him to say that instead of ignoring me but he thinks the best option was to evade me completely. We can't see eye-to-eye on the matter. I understand my wording might have been harsh but I want him to understand my view. How would I do that?

Also this is not the first time he ignored me for days when I've asked an important relationship question, so I'm angry that he hurts me despite knowing I get upset each time he ignores me. I've told him that it hurts when he disappears but he doesn't seem to learn from it.

Obviously I want to hear his opinions but how do you talk to an ESFP about their mistakes and try to get them to communicate instead of feeling under attack, under pressure to commit, evade the situation and to understand that serious talks can be constructive, not criticism?

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,539 Posts
Hi, really hope someone can help me.

An ESFP and I got into an argument and we have agreed to talk about it in a few days. He doesn't want to talk but I've told him I need communication from him otherwise we will not learn from our argument. I want to know how to communicate my issues to him without being patronising and appearing like I'm too serious/forcing him to think long term about us.

What happened was I asked him an important relationship question and he ignored the question and thus ignored me for days. After me calling and messaging him many times he said he was angry and avoiding me because I asked him a very serious and negative question (in my mind it was a reasonable and practical question) and there was no way he knew how to answer it. I would have preferred him to say that instead of ignoring me but he thinks the best option was to evade me completely. We can't see eye-to-eye on the matter. I understand my wording might have been harsh but I want him to understand my view. How would I do that?

Also this is not the first time he ignored me for days when I've asked an important relationship question, so I'm angry that he hurts me despite knowing I get upset each time he ignores me. I've told him that it hurts when he disappears but he doesn't seem to learn from it.

Obviously I want to hear his opinions but how do you talk to an ESFP about their mistakes and try to get them to communicate instead of feeling under attack, under pressure to commit, evade the situation and to understand that serious talks can be constructive, not criticism?
I've read your thread about the ESFP and I really have to say that I believe its less about him being an ESFP and more about him having an avoidant attachment style. To me it sounds like you are doing everything you should be doing to move the relationship forward and effectively communicate and he has a problem or isn't serious about the relationship.

Reactions: Fiona123

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Why are some of yall so....cool?

What is it about being so drunk on life that makes you the coolest most chill person in the whole damn room, seriously, yall are intoxicating.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Why are some of yall so....cool?

What is it about being so drunk on life that makes you the coolest most chill person in the whole damn room, seriously, yall are intoxicating.
So you mean, being drunk is cool?

Then try being drunk, and you'll be "cool" and you'll answer "why"

Generally speaking,

Some people enjoy drinking, and getting drunk makes your DGAF meter high, so you don't give a shit about social norms anymore and you'll by default be crazy and happy.

And happy and crazy people who generally don't give a fuck looks "cool" to somebody.

Probably anyone who looks like they're having fun, looks cool regardless if they're drunk or not.

Being drunk gives you more confidence, and confidence is attractive, thus looks cool.

So if you're confident and you don't give a fuck, you're "cool"

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
So you mean, being drunk is cool?

Then try being drunk, and you'll be "cool" and you'll answer "why"

Generally speaking,

Some people enjoy drinking, and getting drunk makes your DGAF meter high, so you don't give a shit about social norms anymore and you'll by default be crazy and happy.

And happy and crazy people who generally don't give a fuck looks "cool" to somebody.

Probably anyone who looks like they're having fun, looks cool regardless if they're drunk or not.

Being drunk gives you more confidence, and confidence is attractive, thus looks cool.

So if you're confident and you don't give a fuck, you're "cool"
Oh no, my bad I didn't actually mean drunk foreal LOL.

But some ESFPs can appear to be drunk when they are sober. I guess that makes them cool.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Oh no, my bad I didn't actually mean drunk foreal LOL.

But some ESFPs can appear to be drunk when they are sober. I guess that makes them cool.
that's how we 'activate' among other people. we ARE extroverts after all
though all alone we can be very, very different from what you usually see us as

1001 - 1020 of 1214 Posts