Personality Cafe banner

1061 - 1080 of 1214 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have an ESFP flatmate and she makes a huge mess. She will pull everything out to start a task then go do something else and forget it and repeat that process over the course of the evening. I clean up every day and by the time she goes to bed it's like a hurricane just swept through the place. Do you think you're a messy person? Just kind of forget about what you were doing before you moved on to something else and leave the mess there?

Obviously this could be attributed to something else and have nothing to do with her ESFP-ness but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an ESFP flatmate and she makes a huge mess. She will pull everything out to start a task then go do something else and forget it and repeat that process over the course of the evening. I clean up every day and by the time she goes to bed it's like a hurricane just swept through the place. Do you think you're a messy person? Just kind of forget about what you were doing before you moved on to something else and leave the mess there?

Obviously this could be attributed to something else and have nothing to do with her ESFP-ness but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
I try to clean up after myself but if I had someone who cleaned up after me all the time, I might not feel the need to do so as much. Have you talked to her about her messy tendencies or tried not cleaning up after her? She might not see her messiness as a problem since you take care of it for her every day. (^_^;;

·
Registered
164 Posts
I try to clean up after myself but if I had someone who cleaned up after me all the time, I might not feel the need to do so as much. Have you talked to her about her messy tendencies or tried not cleaning up after her? She might not see her messiness as a problem since you take care of it for her every day. (^_^;;
Thanks. Yeah, last time I tried not cleaning up she got mad and started blaming everyone in the house for not cleaning up their shit hah.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Thanks.

I am a "clean freak" when it comes to the house. I get agitated if the house is dirty and start cleaning up after others. The only thing that I do not care about is my bedroom as I spend minimal time in there. I have noticed that upbringing has a lot to do with an ESFP and their ability (or lack of ability) to clean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you please tell me about the male esfp and female intj relationship (in applied way)?
..because everywhere I search, I find people talking about their experiences ONLY in a female esfp & male intj relationship. I really wanna know how it works out in real life if it was the other way.

Also - can you please describe the male esfp in detail?
...because I only find descriptions about esfp females but never male

I would be really happy if somebody answers them, because I had been searching for a very long time on google.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is it difficult for an ESFP to break up with someone they love? After breaking up with someone, would an ESFP stay in contact with their ex and consider being friends or completely move on without looking back? Do ESFPs need closure after a breakup or does it not matter?

Thanks so much! :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is it difficult for an ESFP to break up with someone they love? After breaking up with someone, would an ESFP stay in contact with their ex and consider being friends or completely move on without looking back? Do ESFPs need closure after a breakup or does it not matter?

In the beginning of a relationship, no matter how much the ESFP "loves" someone, it is easy for them to break it off because they won't stay if it isn't going the way they wanted. On the other hand, if its a long time relationship it is VERY difficult for an ESFP to break it off because they are deeply attached to that person. ESFP's in their own way and like everyone need closure after a break up. As for staying friends after a relationship, that depends on the specifics.

·
Banned
402 Posts
As an ESFP I can be messy but usually in my own room. If I am sharing with someone then I won't be messy but if on my own the likelihood is there. As for the rest of the house no I am not messy. I came across a saying (I think vedic knowledge) that a person room or home is a reflection of their mindset. Well when things are going pair shape in my life that is where mess starts to slowly creep.

I do not forget my mess and I know it is there. But my attitude is I'm not bothered and I don't care. My want to do something depends on my mood.

But this is me as an ESFP, others may be different.

·
Banned
402 Posts

My current situation right now reflects your questions. My ex and I broke up as a result of agreeing not to let other matters prevent us from enjoying life whilst apart. Our permanent residence is in the UK, but he got accepted on the IEC Canada Visa and is away for a few years.

We both had and continued to say after our mutual break up that we love each other. I hate to admit it but it is hard for me as an ESFP to break up with someone I love. So rather than not have him in my life, I agreed with him that we should at least stay friends. So we stayed friends and did end up dating other people. Those we dated ended up going no where. I made a choice not to continue dating that person or anyone because I was still caught up emotionally for my ex and things didn't feel right at this time with others. The situation has been the same with the new person he dated.

I stayed in contact with my ex well now boyfriend (we have decided to make things work and both agreed will wait for each other). We both did not move on. If I did move on I would need closure after a breakup with someone I loved. Otherwise it would impact on my well-being and give me a sense of false hope.

My situation may be different and time will tell with this situation equally.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have question for all of you ESFPs out there!
Am I the only one that gets bored at a job after eight months to a year - no matter how much you like the job? Its not that I can't keep them, or can't get them. I could have a really good job where the good outweighs the bad, my coworkers are great and the pay is pretty decent too and I think THIS IS THE ONE! but then soon enough I get bored, my interest is gone, and I'm craving something else. :frustrating:

·
Registered
15,252 Posts
If you're stuck in a relationship with somebody who isn't worthy of you- how hard is it for you to let go of it?

What is your favorite childhood memory?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Why are you people so chaotic?
Believe me, if we knew, we'd probably change that! It just happens...and it's so frustrating. Haha

What do you think about ISFPs?
I can't say that I know one, otherwise I'd let you in on the secrets. :p

Roughly speaking, each MBTI type has either typical or atypical manifestation, where I wonder is there any ESFP here with atypical manifestation, therefore prefers analysing over utilizing life?
I would say that I definitely do have a more analytical side to me than expected from an ESFP, but, that is likely from being raised in a family of introverts/thinkers.

If you're stuck in a relationship with somebody who isn't worthy of you- how hard is it for you to let go of it?

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Relationships depend a lot on the seriousness of the relationship. If it is the beginning of a relationship we have no problem breaking it off - on the other hand - if we have been with that person and have invested in them for a long time we have a really hard time breaking it off. We'd rather die inside than leave. I think also, because we see such good in everyone we have a hard time accepting that someone isn't worthy of us. So that generally leaves us in a bad spot. That's been my experience anyways.

My favourite childhood memory? Wow, it's so hard to narrow it down to just one thing. I'd have to say that any time my whole family got together for camping or holidays would be the best. There's just something so amazing and special about them.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would say that I definitely do have a more analytical side to me than expected from an ESFP, but, that is likely from being raised in a family of introverts/thinkers.
I see, what I was thinking is that tertiary extroverted thinking, for certain reason, can cause ESFP to have 'bright life utilizing request', which I misinterpreted as 'preferring analysing over utilizing life'.

In other words, atypical ESFP dislikes doing things blindly, meaning that atypical ESFP views something as worth doing it only if it was thoroughly analysed, but still prefers utilizing over analysing life.

Do you think you have 'bright life utilizing request'?

·
Registered
ESFP 6w7
370 Posts
Roughly speaking, each MBTI type has either typical or atypical manifestation, where I wonder is there any ESFP here with atypical manifestation, therefore prefers analysing over utilizing life?
if you consider the fact that i'm an esfp pursuing a career in research as someone who prefers analysing then yes

1061 - 1080 of 1214 Posts