Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 1214 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
@SugarForBreakfast Holy crap, I recognize that... o.o I never actually knew how to put it down in words, but that is exactly it! I'm gonna have to let my INFP friend read that bit, maybe she'll have a bit more of an understanding about why I react a certain way sometimes (a way that gets her annoyed with me). Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
We also tend to know that bringing up any dissatisfaction with someone who knows more about dissecting opinions and countering them - such is the art of debate - is putting ourselves at risk of a lecture, or a long winded discussion we did not sign up for. I know I do this with my more introverted, intellectual/thinking-oriented friends. Let me just say, you people kind of make us feel inferior, a bit more than we let on.
I think I'm certainly one of those people who tends to lecture people... :/
The thing with my ESFP friend is that he can't make connections as fast as I do.
Crude example: When I see a teacup on his counter and I see a little crack in it, I think about how that is going to make a leak in the cup eventually and make a stain on the carpet, so I buy a new carpet for him even though nothing has broken yet. In this situation, my ESFP friend doesn't understand why I bought the carpet.
The same goes for my thinking 'flow'; I go from subject to subject quickly, drawing conclusions and acting upon them, often leaving my ESFP friend either annoyed or looking sheepishly into space ignoring my debates.

I think that's the difference between N and S, not necessarily T/F though?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The thing with my ESFP friend is that he can't make connections as fast as I do.
Crude example: When I see a teacup on his counter and I see a little crack in it, I think about how that is going to make a leak in the cup eventually and make a stain on the carpet, so I buy a new carpet for him even though nothing has broken yet. In this situation, my ESFP friend doesn't understand why I bought the carpet.
The same goes for my thinking 'flow'; I go from subject to subject quickly, drawing conclusions and acting upon them, often leaving my ESFP friend either annoyed or looking sheepishly into space ignoring my debates.

I do that as well, but in more intellectual matters. I'm not saying I "lecture" people intentionally (nor my INTP friend), but if the other party isn't going at it at the same rate I am, I tend to take over the talking. INTJs don't talk much, unless you hit a "nerve" about something they're interested in. When the ESFP consults me and my INTP friend about an intellectual issue, we'd always end up saying similar things, but start to disagree on a fine point and she is left to watch the two of us argue it out over Skype.

·
Registered
637 Posts

I'm sorry hun, but come on!! Buying him a NEW CARPET???? LOL WOuldn't it be so much easier to just buy him a new cup? LOL I would be so surprised if a friend of mine bought me a carpet because my teacup was broken!!!

Maybe this is the difference between S and N, some have practical thinking, and some ehum.. have less.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you had the choice out of every personality type available... who would you date, who would you befriend, and who would you deem your enemy?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
If you had the choice out of every personality type available... who would you date, who would you befriend, and who would you deem your enemy?
I would love to date INFJ, be friends with ISFP and have no enemies. ;)
For me, it would be easier to say enneagram types.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts

But that doesn't make any sense. If the cup's actually leaking, then it'd still be leaking no matter how many times you change what's covering the floor. (& can't carpets just be washed mate?)
==

If you were to transform into another MBTI type for just a week, what would you be?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was wondering.. how do you guys feel about ISFJs? I currently am dating an ESFP and was just curious. :eek:
My sister is an ISFJ, and I love her, she's f**king great! I have ISFJ-friends too. You always think about what is best for everyone in a situation, (but yourself.
..that is not good, but I know you can learn - same is for us esfp's.) and you are very reliable, and 1000 other great stuf!

·
Registered
444 Posts
What advice can you give me for addressing an issue with an ESFP? Dos and Don'ts. I don't want her to feel attacked.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm ENTJ/P dating an ESPF. Things are great now and the chemistry is fantastic but I am a little concerned that later on after the honeymoon phase wares off she may start to get bored of me and I will start to crave the intellectual and deep conversations that don't come naturally to her. I am a fun and spontaneous person as well; I'm not cold and calculating. However, I am less in touch with my feelings than she is and I can be critical (both of myself and others).

Advice?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm ENTJ/P dating an ESPF. Things are great now and the chemistry is fantastic but I am a little concerned that later on after the honeymoon phase wares off she may start to get bored of me and I will start to crave the intellectual and deep conversations that don't come naturally to her. I am a fun and spontaneous person as well; I'm not cold and calculating. However, I am less in touch with my feelings than she is and I can be critical (both of myself and others).

Advice?
Are you worried about something that has not ("yet") occurred?
Do I understand you correctly?

If so, stop it immediately. Otherwise it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

<3

·
Registered
20 Posts

Advice?
Well. I've found that I'm most attracted to ENTP/Js. I am 100% extrovert. However, when I'm one on one I am quite capable of deep conversation and rather enjoy it. My ENTJ is less in touch with his feelings and sometimes that drives me up the wall!!! But, I work with him to get in touch with his feelings and he helps me to use my head. It's a good balance and motivator. Remember that just because you're an EN or a SF doesn't mean you're incapable of using the other side of the spectrum. It just is your first preference... Your personality type doesn't define you, it gives you a better understanding of those like you and allows you to belong somewhere. It helps you to have an understanding of why you do what you do. It doesn't change what you do. Things could work out very well between the two of you. Stop worrying, everything will be okay.

101 - 120 of 1214 Posts