Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, most other forums has one like this, but I couldn't find one here.

(think we'll need one regarding all the stereotypes here...)
So guys (and girls), just go on and shoot any questions you'd like!
(other ESTJs are welcome to answer as well of course, but I guess you don't need an invitation for that..)

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
What's one parenting principal you believe in?

Reactions: Verity3 and aendern

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I would love to hear about how you feel about your tertiary Ne, how it shows up in your thinking, and how it manifests in your daily life.

Reactions: Younce and aendern

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's one parenting principal you believe in?
Hmm, hard one (haven't thoutht that much about it since I'm 17..) but I'll try.
I think I'll take a few strong and obvious rules, a lot of freedom, surrounded by a lot of love all the time. *note to self: not being too protective*
Does that count as a rule? It was kinda three...

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Hmm, hard one (haven't thoutht that much about it since I'm 17..) but I'll try.
I think I'll take a few strong and obvious rules, a lot of freedom, surrounded by a lot of love all the time. *note to self: not being too protective*
Does that count as a rule? It was kinda three...
Works for me. Not like there was some right answer. ;)

How about this...if you were going to go to jail for something in your lifetime, what do you think it would most likely be for?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to hear about how you feel about your tertiary Ne, how it shows up in your thinking, and how it manifests in your daily life.
Oh, I love my Ne! It makes me able to see almost everything from different angles (or forces me to draw connections and think of poasibilities that doesn't exist when I'm down). It's also the fun part of me, allowing me to be more spontanious and abstract. It allows me to see the big and often abstract picture of things, and then narrow it down to the more focused view of Si, making it possible to work with. Also taking the narrow view of Si, making it bigger and more all-covering. Most important thing I can think of now is to see things from different angles.
Ne is one of the functions I enjoy the most, and I'd like it to be stronger.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about this...if you were going to go to jail for something in your lifetime, what do you think it would most likely be for?
It would probably be if I at some point got in to a fight (I wouldn't start one, but if someone would hit me, I wouldn't hesitate to finish it.) or if the goverment would come up with some law that goes against my personal belief, and I'd have to go against it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry for the 3 questions, I'd probably ask even more but then nobody else would get to ask anything, I guess...

How do you react to (close) people ignoring you?
How do you react when you see unrealistic things in historical movies or movies that are suppose to present some sort of realism?
What type of leisure activity do you like? and if you play PC games, what's your favorite ones?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Oh, I love my Ne! It makes me able to see almost everything from different angles (or forces me to draw connections and think of poasibilities that doesn't exist when I'm down). It's also the fun part of me, allowing me to be more spontanious and abstract. It allows me to see the big and often abstract picture of things, and then narrow it down to the more focused view of Si, making it possible to work with. Also taking the narrow view of Si, making it bigger and more all-covering. Most important thing I can think of now is to see things from different angles.
Ne is one of the functions I enjoy the most, and I'd like it to be stronger.
Rarely I find an appreciation of Ne from a Te, even though it wasn't my question thank you for amswering this thouroughly I have been curious since I rarely find an ESTJ.

How about the inferior Fi?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Reactions: mihai.88.

·
Registered
153 Posts
WOW! The "justification" is just icing on the cake.

Such as?

For whom? How will this manifest?

Looked like 0 to me.
I'll also answer that question, since the OP seems to have weird ideas about "freedom"(aka no idea). xD I'd leave most of the emotional stuff to the mother, since my ideal partner would be a feeler(something I lack), I'd make sure to have the kid go into some activity that requires or trains discipline, like karate or other martial arts, I'd also make sure the kid would at least have an idea about how to judge and question different things and try to open his mind about how the world works(from my point of view), and I'd also make sure that if the kid has issues, I'd talk with them immediately and try to solve them(ex. if it's school, I'd obviously pay for private lessons). I'd also like for him/her to think on their own but also give them proper talks about how "politics" work.
I'd also try to spend as much free time as possible with them, mainly doing outside activities and going to restaurants.
The main focus would be to teach him/her discipline and healthy lifestyle... other things are just on a "try" level: how to question things before they accept them as "true", traditional values and, if possible, not depending or expecting something in return from other people.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Reactions: reptilian

·
Registered
153 Posts
Could you expand on these seemingly contradictory ideas?
Unless someone's too full of themselves, they can't really claim to know everything, so I'd just try to pass on my "life experience" to the kid, when I consider it necessary.

What do you consider to be traditional values?
Mainly related to family, Orthodox Christian values(not to steal and lie being the most important to me), and observing local traditions and making sure he knows "the basics" about his ethnic background and heritage.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the 3 questions, I'd probably ask even more but then nobody else would get to ask anything, I guess...

How do you react to (close) people ignoring you?
How do you react when you see unrealistic things in historical movies or movies that are suppose to present some sort of realism?
What type of leisure activity do you like? and if you play PC games, what's your favorite ones?
1. Depends. As it is now, I usually see the logic behind it. If I can't see the logic, of if I'm mentaly down, I take it a lot more serious. My Ne kicks in and I imagine every possible reason to why they would be ignoring me. To solve the problem, I'd talk to them, ask why they ignored me, etc.

2. If it's suppoused to be realistic, I hate it. I'll comment on it, and then I'll leave it there and continue to whach the movie.

3. Hmm. I play League of Legends. Just when I have someone to play with, I find it very boring to play alone. I'm here quite a bit, enjoy reading fantasy books a lot, watching videos of different fighting styles and military strategies, etc.

Reactions: mihai.88.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've asked these on the istj forum

1) what is your opinion on the "supervisor" and "guardian" nicknames?
2) do you endorse speech laws?
1. I can agree on them. If I can decide for myself what "guardian" would stand for, I'd love it. Now, guardian has the vibe of guarding old traditions and customs, the law, the goverment, etc. I do not think this is the case. On the other hand, if it would stand for guarding the rights of people, freedom of opinion etc, then I'll agree. Supervisor is okey I guess. As long as you don't put too much weight in any of them.

2. What speech laws to you mean?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rarely I find an appreciation of Ne from a Te, even though it wasn't my question thank you for answering this thouroughly I have been curious since I rarely find an ESTJ.

How about the inferior Fi?
Inferior Fi.
It gives me a lot of strong values, I know where I stand in things, what I believe, etc. And if there's a discussion about these things which I value, I go in to that discussion wholeheartedly. It also makes me very sensitive when I'm already down. It makes me awere of how I work and who I am.

Reactions: Chamondelle

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Inferior Fi.
It gives me a lot of strong values, I know where I stand in things, what I believe, etc. And if there's a discussion about these things which I value, I go in to that discussion wholeheartedly. It also makes me very sensitive when I'm already down. It makes me awere of how I work and who I am.
Are you bad about hiding how sensitive you are when you're already down?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW! The "justification" is just icing on the cake.

Such as?

For whom? How will this manifest?

Looked like 0 to me.
It wasn't a justification, it was an explanation.

Okey, wrong words used here. What I meant is that the rules I'll have would be expected to be followed. I do not know what kind of rules, since I have never thought about this before.

Freedom for the kid. Even though rules are important and needed, people needs to find out how things work themselves. I would try as much as possible not to restrict them too much.

I do not have any specific examples of this since again, I haven't thought about it, and I haven't really been in that position.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are you bad about hiding how sensitive you are when you're already down?
I think I am. Not to people I don't know that well, they don't see it. But people closer to me notices, I think it's pretty obvious to them. I think I could hide it more if I tried, but I don't really see the point in hiding that from my friends.

Reactions: AdroElectro
1 - 20 of 549 Posts