Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We already have an 'Ask an INFJ relationship question' thread, but it seems we are missing a more general ask an INFJ anything thread. So, I thought I'd create one.

People can already ask anything they like by creating a new thread, of course, but perhaps this thread will be useful for the more random questions, or maybe for more shy members (who may not want the kind of attention that creating a thread generates?) to post in.
original.jpg
Okay, well I might as well start :kitteh:

Would you rather be Rich or Famous?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I´d say rich.

You have two options. You can select one of your family members to be killed, you may not have a deep relationship with that person, but you have to know him/her. If you don´t select anyone, 10 random people around the world are killed.

What option do you choose, and if it´s a family member, who is it?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I know what fame (infamy) can be like lol. I choose rich.

As for the intp's question, I can have more than one killed but I don't want to say who. I have also thought that, in order for it to be fair, I would have one more die.

My turn...
What do you think of the non-relationship questions on the infp forum? On the first or even second pages. They seem quite interested in entertainment--they talk of movies, of books, even ask fantastical questions--do you find yourself different from that?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I´d say rich.

You have two options. You can select one of your family members to be killed, you may not have a deep relationship with that person, but you have to know him/her. If you don´t select anyone, 10 random people around the world are killed.

What option do you choose, and if it´s a family member, who is it?
I also would choose to be rich. Fame is not even attractive to me in any way at all.

As for your question. That's easy. I would choose a member of my family. Me. I'm a member of my family and I know myself.:tongue:

@raschel I thought you were referring to a thread in the info sub-forum, but then I just checked and see that the infps don't have a specific non-relationships questions thread, yet. In general I would say that I'm not that interested in a lot of the topics there, but I'm not very interested in most of the topics on this sub-forum either, so that doesn't really say much I guess:unsure:. I think the 'vibe' there is the most similar to our own. I don't know, what do you think?

·
Registered
15,447 Posts
How do you express anger ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Songs unsung

·
Registered
705 Posts
We already have an 'Ask an INFJ relationship question' thread, but it seems we are missing a more general ask an INFJ anything thread. So, I thought I'd create one.

People can already ask anything they like by creating a new thread, of course, but perhaps this thread will be useful for the more random questions, or maybe for more shy members (who may not want the kind of attention that creating a thread generates?) to post in.
View attachment 753874
Okay, well I might as well start :kitteh:

Would you rather be Rich or Famous?
I'd have no need to be famous, no desire whatsoever. I do wish that I were more significant than I am now, but you can be that without being famous.

With wealth I could finally save for retirement and do some traveling. Help out my kids more. AND I'd LOVE to give to a great many charities. There are so many worthy causes and hurting people, everything from supporting the nearest Symphony Orchestra to supporting the local homeless shelter.

Reactions: Songs unsung

·
Registered
705 Posts

Typically I don't. I'm very, VERY slow to anger. I have a great deal of patience with folks, even when I'm irritated. But sometimes something will push me over the edge, and then I'll yell. No curse words, though.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I know what fame (infamy) can be like lol. I choose rich.

As for the intp's question, I can have more than one killed but I don't want to say who. I have also thought that, in order for it to be fair, I would have one more die.

My turn...
What do you think of the non-relationship questions on the infp forum? On the first or even second pages. They seem quite interested in entertainment--they talk of movies, of books, even ask fantastical questions--do you find yourself different from that?
My family member.

I believe that the levels of responsibility, from greatest to least, start at the center and work outwards. So my greatest responsibility is to me, my basic needs, my spirituality, and my emotional health. After that comes my children. Then family, and extremely close friends. After that comes larger communities that I am a part of: my synagogue, my city, my circle of friends, etc. Then very large groups such as my state and nation. Finally the world.

It doesn't mean the world is unimportant. It just means that if you are forced to choose, your greater responsibility is for things closer to home.

A good deal of the time, there is no conflict between the levels. For example, Global warming, because it effects everyone in the world, also effects every other level.

·
Registered
539 Posts

It depends on who or what has angered me, what was said and/or done etc. (I.E. FE). You can think of it as like a thermostat that gradually, slowly goes up or down or very swiftly and dramatically goes up or down. At least in my experiences, INFJs can be moody af.

For instance, if my boyfriend (ISTP) pisses me off, I am very slow to get angry at him and on the rare occasions that I do, I calmly and clearly point out what pissed me off and why. I'm gentle and kind, though.

On the other hand, if for example, a classmate or colleague continually does something to piss me off, I am going to bluntly and angrily tell them to piss up rope. Obviously, I will temper what I have to say if it is a colleague, but my meaning will be understood loud and clear. My patience for people dwindles the less personally important to me they are.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
718 Posts

Good question!

It's usually situational. At work or with strangers/customers, no matter how annoyed I get with someone, I don't show it, because I think there's a time and place, and that is not one of them. Then if I'm still bothered when I get home, I might vent to a close friend or my husband.

Otherwise, I can tend to get really quiet and passive aggressive. If you make me angry enough, you might get a well intentioned guilt trip. I don't get super mad very often, though.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
@raschel I thought you were referring to a thread in the info sub-forum, but then I just checked and see that the infps don't have a specific non-relationships questions thread, yet. In general I would say that I'm not that interested in a lot of the topics there, but I'm not very interested in most of the topics on this sub-forum either, so that doesn't really say much I guess:unsure:. I think the 'vibe' there is the most similar to our own. I don't know, what do you think?
oh, no I mean all of their threads that are non-relationship. It was more interesting some time ago, it had all accumulated together.
I realize it may just be the traffic here. We do not havea lot of infjs passing by. The enfj forum is also very dead
Thread-wise I had come to expect by looking at a lot of our posts we would be more like the intj forum (I also enjoy the intp forum) , just that we are on the feeling side. But I do see what you mean by vibe. I like to imagine we are both sides.

I find affinity in a lot of their questions, including ones that seem useless or a lot to do with fantasy. As I get older, i find life has made more and more room for fancy. And it makes a big difference in my experience of life. Pleasure and imagination...I don't find escapism in it as some can, it actually puts me closer to feeling sane.
That's mostly why I was asking. There are a lot of threads here just on problems, kind of wondered what else infjs really think about.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Do people change?

What was the last series you binge-watched?

How do you handle stress?

(You don't have to answer all three! :proud:)
* No, it would be very unusual. They may lose their energy as they grow old. However, people might develop very fast during their late teens and early twenties. After that, there's no hope.

* Mr Selfridge/Mozart In the Jungle

* I don't. It handles me.

Reactions: IssaVibe

·
Registered
614 Posts
Why do INFJ dislike talking on the phone? Seems like it lacks the face to face intimacy but still has that immediacy. Why is this troublesome though?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I believe that the levels of responsibility, from greatest to least, start at the center and work outwards. So my greatest responsibility is to me, my basic needs, my spirituality, and my emotional health. After that comes my children. Then family, and extremely close friends. After that comes larger communities that I am a part of: my synagogue, my city, my circle of friends, etc. Then very large groups such as my state and nation. Finally the world.

It doesn't mean the world is unimportant. It just means that if you are forced to choose, your greater responsibility is for things closer to home.

A good deal of the time, there is no conflict between the levels. For example, Global warming, because it effects everyone in the world, also effects every other level.
thank you for your response! It is an answer to my question, right? I did not realize til one or two days later it was a direct response, after already reading it.
I connect what would be entertainment to my spirituality and well-being/ emotional health so I find their conversations can hit close to (my)home =)

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
718 Posts
Do INFJ's ever act informal or silly to make others feel more comfortable if you know they're having a hard time opening up to you?

Also, I only know a few, and the ones I do know seem to not be able to handle sarcastic humor. Is this a usual INFJ trait?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why do INFJ dislike talking on the phone? Seems like it lacks the face to face intimacy but still has that immediacy. Why is this troublesome though?
It's not that I dislike it, it's that it's a middling option in terms of communication. Better than text, worse than face-to-face, and similar overall utility to e-mail.

Face to face I can read into our interaction via your tone, pitch, body language, facial expressions, mood, energy and other micro expressions. It's a more in depth way to communicate and build a rapport with someone versus relying singularly on auditory feedback. Also not to mention phone communication having other considerations to account for like multi-tasking throwing off focus for either party, background noise, reception or putting someone on hold/being put on hold which breaks up the flow of the interaction.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I heard that INFJ like to have only a few close friends and everyone else is an acquaintance. Are there more expectations from those few friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 91 Posts