Personality Cafe banner

Ask an INTJ a question.

[INTJ] 
2M views 27K replies 2K participants last post by  the_cheshire_cat 
#1 · (Edited)
There's a thread like this in the ESTJ forum, and I thought it would be beneficial here. It might help clear up some preconceived notions and stereotypes of INTJ's while also reducing some unnecessary threads.

So here, any type can ask a question. Any INTJ can answer.

But remember, we are people too. :mellow: We eat, sleep, and piss like everyone else.

So ask away!

#4 ·
I'll start? : )

I've always wanted more T to my F...so why do you think you fall more on the T side of things or..what sort of tendencies do you have that make you more of a T? (A little vague of a question so I apologize)
Things that make me more a T than an F. I can start off with decision making situations. I strive for efficiency on all things I do. If it's quick and easy I'll do. I guess my only suggestion is make more of use of your T on non-personal things once you've done that make it slowly into you personal life, depends on how sensitive your F is really.

#5 ·

I've always wanted more T to my F...so why do you think you fall more on the T side of things or..what sort of tendencies do you have that make you more of a T? (A little vague of a question so I apologize)
This is pretty much a textbook answer, but I usually make decisions based on logic and what's "fair" rather than on people's needs or my values.
I try to find logical explanations for why people feel the way they do, even though there may not be one.
I don't really understand why people ask for the truth and then get offended when they receive it. If people want a lie or a sugarcoated statement, they should ask for it.

Hope that answered your question sufficiently.

#7 ·
Efficiency seems more like a J thing. Also, detachment is a...trademark of Thinkers. Or maybe that's just introversion. :x
--
Thrifty Walrus told me that if I changed my name to this, I got to pick his name. (He is now Taylor Swift.) We're switching back when he reaches 2,000 posts.

#8 ·
Another part of T vs. F is remaining calm and collected - if you're flooded with emotions, you won't be thinking objectively. Interestingly enough, it seems that when I experience the rare emotional fluctuation, I still dissect it with logic - but I think that's because the emotion isn't strong enough to be overpowering.

#9 ·
No, that type of detachment (it's on borderline indifference) definitely a T thing. ; ) Introversion is more of a in-my-own-world detachment. Which sparks me to ask, how do you do that? Is it not just a mechanical answer and you actually do have your own biased opinions or is it just that the most 'proper' answer is the one you take as your opinion..? Sorry, I'm just guessing around here xD

~

LOL yes, I saw his name passing through a thread ; ) Nice one!

#10 ·
Another part of T vs. F is remaining calm and collected - if you're flooded with emotions, you won't be thinking objectively. Interestingly enough, it seems that when I experience the rare emotional fluctuation, I still dissect it with logic - but I think that's because the emotion isn't strong enough to be overpowering.
Hmm...when I am overwhelmed by emotions, I lose the ability to think rationally. Or I do think rationally, but not in the average, 'sane' person way. Sometimes it affects my ability to do everyday tasks and I have to work everything out before I can move on. I do however, have the capability of shoving my lesser emotions aside when I feel that they might start affecting me negatively.

#11 ·
Efficiency seems more like a J thing. Also, detachment is a...trademark of Thinkers. Or maybe that's just introversion. :x
--
Thrifty Walrus told me that if I changed my name to this, I got to pick his name. (He is now Taylor Swift.) We're switching back when he reaches 2,000 posts.
Yes, obejective decision is what I meant to say, my apologies.

#12 ·

Your test bar says your 53% feeling, if i read it correctly. The good news is you can get a hold of yourself..the bad news is that you allow yourself to be hijacked. Ah, the reptilian brain and "feelings"...you want to develop the T side then I suggest paying attention to when your being hijacked by strong emotions. Everyone does at some point...ever felt "in love" hijacked...real love isn't a feeling but more of a behavior. ( I posted what real love is in another thread. )

I personally make a list of pro and cons on any given situation. I'm practical and it's rare for me even to have impulsive behavior. Not even impulse buying. I am however spontaneous.

hope I have given you help or at the very least something to think about and consider.

#13 ·
Your test bar says your 53% feeling, if i read it correctly. The good news is you can get a hold of yourself..the bad news is that you allow yourself to be hijacked. Ah, the reptilian brain and "feelings"...you want to develop the T side then I suggest paying attention to when your being hijacked by strong emotions. Everyone does at some point...ever felt "in love" hijacked...real love isn't a feeling but more of a behavior. ( I posted what real love is in another thread. )

I personally make a list of pro and cons on any given situation. I'm practical and it's rare for me even to have impulsive behavior. Not even impulse buying. I am however spontaneous.

hope I have given you help or at the very least something to think about and consider.
How helpful :0! Thank you...I don't know if its because I can get a grip or because I just abandon the feelings before they can turn into a wild fire. I am completely aware when I'm being hijacked actually xD I just can't control it. :0 It just...happens. Impulsively.

#15 ·
Absolutely, sometimes I openly enjoy it - helps scare em off.

#16 ·
Anyone else find the Milgram Experiment to be awesome? Fun how you can get people with F to just torture people by saying 'not your responsibility' and 'please continue'. Hah.

#19 ·
I know about that experiment too, from an psychology book and some googling.
But I think the Stanford Prison Experiment is more extreme though.

#20 ·
I know about that experiment too, from an psychology book and some googling.
But I think the Stanford Prison Experiment is more extreme though.
And more interesting... From a social psychology point of view of course. But then being cynical and finding social situations illogical and confusing has lead to an inordinate interest in social psychology on my part.