Personality Cafe banner

Ask an INTJ a question.

[INTJ] 
2M views 27K replies 2K participants last post by  the_cheshire_cat 
#1 · (Edited)
There's a thread like this in the ESTJ forum, and I thought it would be beneficial here. It might help clear up some preconceived notions and stereotypes of INTJ's while also reducing some unnecessary threads.

So here, any type can ask a question. Any INTJ can answer.

But remember, we are people too. :mellow: We eat, sleep, and piss like everyone else.

So ask away!

#27,322 ·
Well, to be fair, I knew it had a lot of moons, but wasn't sure of the exact count. There may be more. That's why I said confirmed. They're always finding new shit.

So, I'm a half nerd half cheater. Lol
You aren’t catholic by chance are you😳
Normally it’s the catholic priests who are interested
In Myanus

#27,325 ·
I see. If I remember right, 1981-1985 was the era in between the Video Game Crash of 1983 in America. A period where the consumers faith in the video game industry was at an all time low largely due in part because of Atari's poor quality control. Through much of the early and mid 80s, many people believed that video games were nothing more than a fad and would die out soon. But that all changed when Nintendo released the Nintendo Entertainment System, aka, NES in North America in 1985. The NES became a colossal success and proved that games were here to stay.

It's interesting that you were in the marketing process for video games, during a time before the gaming industry was the media titan that it is today. And in a time where much of the industry at least in North America was struggling and the future for games was uncertain.
It was a small startup, and they also carried VHS videotapes/recorders/players. I got the job thru the college job placement office; it was in line with my classes. I did the books for 5 years there, and managed the video rental library. Fun! :)

#27,326 ·
*Hope this doesn't sound weird or is too out of line...

How would you describe the way you’ve developed your intelligence? A few examples:

Is it something that’s been hardwired into your DNA?
Do you do a lot of research? Are you continuously curious in learning new things?
Are you comparing biases and formulating the most objective, truth or factual from your perception?

How does your cognitive thinking and intuition interact with each other?

Should I ask the other NT’s the same question?

#27,327 ·
How would you describe the way you’ve developed your intelligence?
It's kind of like stocks. Making your money make money, but in this case it's intelligence. Developed first from an understanding of how to get to more intelligence, laying down the foundation, and then riding the wave.

I've told other people before, I might not be the smartest, but I know where to get the answers I need, when I need them (pursuit of knowledge). So it's not like book smarts, or figuring out how to solve seemingly impossible equations, it's about gaining the knowledge necessary and storing a shit load of information for gaining the knowledge to find other knowledge, when needed, and letting that grow bigger, bigger, bigger.

By that I mean, peeling back the layers and gaining access to deeper understandings. I often describe it as using a microscope, and focusing in or out of whatever you're observing to get different views of the same thing.

How does your cognitive thinking and intuition interact with each other?
Great in as far as understanding how systems work. Worked great in say college, when I'd figure out the teacher's grading system and how to pass the class before focusing on the actual subject matter. Even if I struggled with retaining a specific subject, I'd still get an A simply based on figuring out how the professor worked, and playing my cards right (okay to bomb this specific test, if I make it up with x, y, and z).

Where it sucks is when your mind and intuition don't align. Take this most recent example. I had my pick between two fantastic jobs, Job A, and Job B. During the interviews I felt 100% more comfortable with Job B. As a matter of fact, I asked a question during the Job A interview and remember getting a dirty look from the new future boss that instantly took me back. Job A had every red flag in the world going for it, Job B, every green one, but Job A made more sense so I prioritized it.

Well, hindsight is fucking 10/10 (get it, not 20/20). I should have known the second the Job A boss gave me that dirty look, to walk away. But I rationalized the shit out of it.

Or like when I was sitting in the dentist chair waiting for the dude to come in. There was an earthquake and everything in my body screamed to get the fuck up and get out of there, except I convinced myself I was being a wimp and overreacting since I'd never had dental work done. Big mistake ignoring that.

When it's on and it's easy to follow, intuition is my BFF. When it's in contrast with my rationality, it's 50/50 whether I pick the right choice or not.

Should I ask the other NT’s the same question?
Of course, interesting question.

#27,328 ·
Hi INTJs!

There are different theories on psychosocial development and Erikson's is a popular one.

The societal norm in my country is a good framework to follow:
  • Young adulthood - Date and/ make friends apart from doing the hobbies and career-nurturing things
  • Adulthood - Parent your children
  • Old age - Be proud of how your children has grown
Since I am single and there is no guarantee of finding an eligible partner, I am planning for a happy single adulthood. What alternative activities can you suggest for singles to manage a well-rounded life, considering Erikson's psychosocial stages, particularly young adulthood, adulthood, and old age:

Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Parallel

#27,329 ·
Dear INTJs.

Do you liked glazed donuts? I do. You can understand that right?

What about quilting? I know this is an old lady hobby, but I think you would find it really challenging

Do you think you’re classy or trashy?

Sorry if these questions seem random, maybe some1 will get it
I love glazed donuts especially when you make them into a sandwich:
Food Ingredient Bun Fast food Luther burger
Food Ingredient Fast food Recipe Baked goods

Hmm I don't like quilting, Iam usually drawn to activities that allow me to solve problems and generate solutions. I am yet to have a problem whereq quilting is the solution.

I would like to think that I am classy. Who knows hahaha!

Oh hold on,do you mean glazed donut as a sexual thing/ Clearly, I don't get the questions at all. haha Oops

#27,330 ·
Hi INTJs!

There are different theories on psychosocial development and Erikson's is a popular one.

• Young adulthood - Date and/ make friends apart from doing the hobbies and career-nurturing things
Since I am single and there is no guarantee of finding an eligible partner, I am planning for a happy single adulthood. What alternative activities can you suggest for singles to manage a well-rounded life, considering Erikson's psychosocial stages, particularly young adulthood, adulthood, and old age:

View attachment 934057
How about finding a hobby or interest that you like alot? A older neighbor took up photography after his girlfriend died; he's really good at it and derives much enjoyment from taking pictures and working with them with photoshop and similar apps. After 25 years of no relationships by choice, I'd been running 5 and 12 K runs (these take practice that is hard to arrange with a partner around) for awhile, and joined the gym. So many other things....just look at all the hobbies your married-with-children friends wish they had time to do but can't. I'm sure you'll find something you like, which you now can do worry-free and guilt-free. Classes in subjects you like, short trips, etc.

#27,331 ·
Hi INTJs!

View attachment 934057
Theories are great but what makes them theories is that there is no absolute truth in them
create your own life as you see fit

#27,332 ·
Hi INTJs!

View attachment 934057
Get involved in the community.

#27,333 ·
I love glazed donuts especially when you make them into a sandwich:
View attachment 934058 View attachment 934059

Hmm I don't like quilting, Iam usually drawn to activities that allow me to solve problems and generate solutions. I am yet to have a problem whereq quilting is the solution.

I would like to think that I am classy. Who knows hahaha!

Oh hold on,do you mean glazed donut as a sexual thing/ Clearly, I don't get the questions at all. haha Oops
Is that good? Does it taste good

#27,335 ·
What do you look for in women? Is it true that INTJs find dating hard, and if so why? I don't see why it should be necessarily true I have many INTJ friends who have good manners and are used to taking to people, especially in their work environment. How do you feel about this stereotype is it true or false based on your personal experience?🤔

#27,336 ·
What do you look for in women? Is it true that INTJs find dating hard, and if so why? I don't see why it should be necessarily true I have many INTJ friends who have good manners and are used to taking to people, especially in their work environment. How do you feel about this stereotype is it true or false based on your personal experience?🤔
we find it hard for many reasons
1- we are perfectionists
The person must meet our overly high standards
That person does not exist outside our minds

2- we fear failure/ rejection
To ask someone out and have them decline is humiliating to us at a young age

3- we are clueless when being flirted with
We will probably think the person is insane

4- lack of expressive emotion

5- our time to pursue our studies and down time makes it hard to spend/ devote ourselves to another

#27,337 ·
Q- since you fuckers think you’re so smart

since the moon is facing Uranus
the moon is essentially mooning Uranus
how come Uranus doesn’t moon the moon back🧐
since we fuckers do think we are super smart

"It wasn't until 1781 that astronomer Sir William Herschel discovered Uranus when looking for comets using a telescope. A very novel opportunity arose: naming a planet. Herschel, a devoted subject of England's King George III, suggested that the new planet be named Georgium Sidus, or George's Star."

so yeah, uranus is mooning the moon, just Georgium Sidewaysus.