Personality Cafe banner

26441 - 26460 of 26485 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<----------------------take it frum a koon!

1. Are you all hard-working and highly driven to achieve?
2. For what purpose, if yes?
3. What's your opinion on Elon Musk, who I assume is of your type?
4. What's your biggest fear?
Ok TK; I've done a lil research on you and before I answer these 4 q's of yours I have a few easy ones for you..........
Where have you been and what have you done in Life, TK?
Where are you at today?
How did you "arrive"?
.............and where would you like to go?

thanx & Jonny Koon Luzsha baybee alway have alway will

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,601 Posts
If you could ask yourself a question what would you ask, and how would you answer?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<---------------take it frum a koon!

If you could ask yourself a question what would you ask, and how would you answer?
There's no "if" about it; I aks myself many questions every day. The first & most important one is when I first get up in the morning asking myself , "Where's that fuking coffee?"
Answer is very predictable...............
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
I'm going to interpret this as "what question do you ask yourself often and how do you answer it" otherwise it doesn't make sense because I can ask myself any question anytime I want.

I would say questions that come up for me have a lot to do with shit I don't want to do or shit I want to do. "Is this going to matter to me in 10/20/50 years" is one I ask a lot. I find that it helps me because I get tied up in overwhelming myself with small things I think will matter but don't actually have much of an effect. I can move towards a goal and understand what it means in the end and predict how things turn out a lot easier with it. The answer to the question is usually "no".

Another one would be "Are you really just?" or "Does this have to happen" That one I struggle with more and is a lot more of a hot topic. It is still tied to the other question, though. I would answer that I have spent at least 14 years trying to figure out the truth and I think I have found it since it seems to have better predictive power than anything else.

·
Registered
INTP
3,878 Posts
I'm wondering what INTJs think of systems. I'll give an example.

I was doing laundry for a guesthouse. All the bedding was just shoved into a cupboard and you could never find the right sized sheet, etc. The owner and I devised a system where everything was neatly folded, visible, and easily accessed on labeled shelves.

Now that other people are doing the laundry and making the beds, I've found clean bedding on the wrong shelves and in random places, including the bedroom floors. I know that people aren't deliberately trying to mess things up, but they must see things differently from me. Perhaps they're in a hurry to go home, or maybe they can't envision the results of their actions.

Where do INTJs fit in here? Do you love systems, or not?

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
Yes. INTJs like systems. We aren't just systematic, but the ascended system makers with a stereotype of this type being that we like to create our own for everything as well as, when working with other people, complain about their shitty systems, whether it is something simple like putting away a towel or critiquing the way a program operates in a university or how a corporation operates.

·
Registered
558 Posts
We do love systems. However, we often can't be assed to do systems even we have come up with. I saw this conversation between an MBTI expert and an INTJ posted somewhere...

MBTI expert enters the INTJ's space and sees crap lying everywhere, apparently willy-nilly. INTJ moves stuff from a chair for the MBTI expert to sit.

INTJ: Sorry. I like to be organized, but I don't always succeed.
MBTI expert: But you know where everything is.
INTJ: Well, yeah, of course.
MBTI expert: Then you are organized.

Reactions: sherkanner

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
538 Posts
I'm wondering what INTJs think of systems. I'll give an example.

I was doing laundry for a guesthouse. All the bedding was just shoved into a cupboard and you could never find the right sized sheet, etc. The owner and I devised a system where everything was neatly folded, visible, and easily accessed on labeled shelves.

Now that other people are doing the laundry and making the beds, I've found clean bedding on the wrong shelves and in random places, including the bedroom floors. I know that people aren't deliberately trying to mess things up, but they must see things differently from me. Perhaps they're in a hurry to go home, or maybe they can't envision the results of their actions.

Where do INTJs fit in here? Do you love systems, or not?
I like creating systems in where I spend the least amount of energy possible, but get the most output.
I like systems not so much for organizations sake, but just in terms of getting jobs done faster.

For example, in the mornings before work, I will often time myself to see which combination of morning chores gets done faster.
Now I can have a shower, brush my teeth, get lunches ready, and then be sitting down on the couch, all in the span of 20 min.
As a reward, I can spend the next three hours laying on the couch, sipping on some coffee.

·
Registered
11,260 Posts
Do you love systems, or not?
"love" is a little bit strong. i have mixed feelings, i guess. i like some systems, but a neat freak i ain't. i'm more about expediency and some of my notions of what's perfectly fine are probably a bit blink-making to other people.

i think i'm pretty capable of observing the systems of other people when i'm in their space, but that's more about my preference for being polite and considerate than any kind of embrace-the-neat kindred-soul thing. i'm a slob in my own personal home.

my dad used to spread butter on his toast with a putty knife and file his nails against a sanding block. that's a perfectly viable system, to me.

Reactions: james087

·
Registered
245 Posts
How do you feel about hope and belief? Do you abstain from these or is there a time and place you find these useful?

Reactions: Infinitus

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
538 Posts
I guess it depends to me. I have very strong moral beliefs. I couldn't "abstain" from these if I wanted to.

My moral beliefs are one of the main motivators for me. It gives me a sense of purpose, and it drives my willpower towards completing that goal. My main belief is that no matter how painful something may be; if I deem that my method to work and it coincides with my belief system, almost nothing can stop me. While it can give me vast amounts of energy, it can drive me to become obsessive, and narrow-minded. This is why I appreciate having people who can see other possibilities, as sometimes I can tend to have tunnel-vision.

Since we are in Personality Cafe, if we look using cognitive functions, I think any Fi user cannot fully abstain from their moral beliefs. That is just how their mind works. It plays a large part in what they are interested in, and what boundaries they will set with others in terms of relationships.
But when I am at work, or in a situation which requires me to be as objective as possible, I will do my best to put my emotions to the side, in order to get the job done.
Feelings and beliefs are best used alongside proper argumentation and verification. While feelings and beliefs are still a valid perspective, they tend to not be very useful when considering how to get a particular worthwhile conclusion.

·
Registered
11,260 Posts
How do you feel about hope and belief? Do you abstain from these or is there a time and place you find these useful?
i think they're both important, but i'm not sure i think there should always be a direct relationship between them and what people do. in some contexts basing concrete decisions on hope seems to me like it's just a way of setting yourself up to turn against the whole concept of hope later on, because it let you down.

belief is something that's always baffled me because some people talk like it's optional - like you can decide to believe x or y. it's never been that way to me.

·
Registered
One And Only
707 Posts
I try to stay a cynic of hope where I think there’s a chance of becoming delusional. Though even delusional hope can be what one needs to get through a tricky spot, like a placebo. So it isn’t out of the question entirely. Ideally I want a level of certainty that my actions will produce the desired result and not just hope they will.

I think it’s healthy to know and have conviction in one’s beliefs. I would more admire someone who knows what they believe in rather than someone who doesn’t. Even if I think they’re wrong. I can’t help but hold them; there are things I see as a reality that others don’t, that they’re practically indistinguishable from beliefs. So I give others the same courtesy with regards to theirs, unless I have good reason to challenge them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
belief is something that's always baffled me because some people talk like it's optional - like you can decide to believe x or y. it's never been that way to me.
Everyone has their own subjective experience and I can say it has felt like there were times when I was just being experimental and chose to believe something just to feel and experience what it was like to believe it.

I was telling a depressed friend once of a technique of how I could manipulate how I feel.
He was annoyed and said "well that's a neat trick".

This was well before I had developed Fi or Te and I really doubt I could ever go back to being that way ever again. It was horrible.

i'm not sure i think there should always be a direct relationship between them and what people do
I like this. It makes me think: hey, if you know there's a high risk of hurting yourself emotionally, you don't have to put yourself in that position. Think before you act. Sometimes people's situations are so dire that they get pretty desperate.. or they're just unaware of the damage they can inflict on themselves. (I'm projecting)

·
Registered
11,260 Posts
I was telling a depressed friend once of a technique of how I could manipulate how I feel.
He was annoyed and said "well that's a neat trick".
i don't blame him. little bit low on the tact.

I like this. It makes me think: hey, if you know there's a high risk of hurting yourself emotionally, you don't have to put yourself in that position.
i think we over-idealize hope; maybe because this is an era where the allegiance to cbt as silver bullet for everything has seriously outstripped its actual applicability. ime there's an awful lot of people who think that amounts to just training your mind to ignore what your gut's telling you. but not every cluster of gut signals is based on 'erroneous thinking' or needs to be fixed with an override. i blame lululemon as well, naturally :p

hope is important, imo, as a long-range or global position to hold. it's not always the tool that you want in a given moment. ime it's possible to hold the current-moment perspective in one hand and the longer-term one in the other hand, so to me that's the most valid way of maintaining balance. but i can't say it as a prescription for anyone else; it's just how things have worked out for me.

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
I am a Christian, if that is what you are asking about belief. Hope is a weird one. I'm very certain the world is about to go into a very serious collapse soon, which is unavoidable. I don't have hope for people to change. I only evaluate things objectively and go with that. Hope is like a luxury or a temporary motivator to get into something for me. Any time I predict what someone will do, I make it based on what will happen logically not based on what I hope will happen.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
699 Posts
Lets say you've been MIA for months.
Would it annoy you if someone contacted to check if you're alright?

26441 - 26460 of 26485 Posts