Personality Cafe banner

26481 - 26485 of 26485 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
538 Posts
I was trying to compare myself with my INTJ dad in that aspect.
Anyone who sees me, the way I look and act, thinks that I'm a very organized person. But I tend to misplace things often as long as others won't notice, aka at home.
My INTJ dad is quite organized, then I noticed his workstation. It can get messy when he's working passionately on a project, and it seems like he knows where everything is.

Thought about asking on the forum and I think I see a pattern, might be an INTJ thing hehe
I think I am pretty similar to your Dad. My whole life can be organized and tidy, until I start working on something.
All of my college binders and lockers in college are crammed with random notes, binders, books, etc.
Of course, it all makes sense to me lol

Oh my god hahahahaha! I would've lost my mind if I were in your shoes!
Glad you've found it btw!
Trust me, I'm glad too.
It was funny though, I think my brother was more worried about my wallet than I was. I knew it would turn up somewhere lol

Reminded me of that one time I lost a cute little gold bracelet. I was so hurt because it was a gift, I flipped the entire house and no luck. After I gave up, I found it in the shower... it was way too close to the drain, thank god it didn't fall in. There were other 2 situation where I lost it and started panicking. After finding it for the third time I stopped wearing it, better stay safe in my drawer.
I think you need to put a bell on that bracelet lol
You could always make it into a necklace, and wear it around your neck. I think that would look pretty nifty

Reactions: passionate

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Lets say you've been MIA for months.
Would it annoy you if someone contacted to check if you're alright?
No*

*As long as I like the person and they don't drag out the check-in

I know I pull the disappearing act fairly frequently. My like-minded friends get it and know how to deal but others who tend to maintain regular contact with people and/or think this behavior is a marker of some greater issue ( :rolleyes: ) will touch base but then turn that into an opportunity for "catching up," which for me is a separate and scheduled interaction.

Don't do that.

·
Registered
11,261 Posts
but then turn that into an opportunity for "catching up," which for me is a separate and scheduled interaction.

Don't do that.
heh.
My INTJ dad is quite organized, then I noticed his workstation. It can get messy when he's working passionately on a project, and it seems like he knows where everything is.
i really appreciate a clear visual field when i see one, but it's the kind of thing i don't need in order to function. so i almost never put energy into creating/maintaining it. i'll appreciate it if it happens to be there, but if it isn't i'm pmuch capable of just blanking it out.

i rely mostly on familiarity with my own habits. i know where important things are because i know what i always do with them. i don't have a 'my x goes there' mindset where it's a rule i impose like an stj might. i just have 'this almost definitely is there.' not because it's a rule but because that's where it always is. most of my important everyday things tend to drift between two or three habitual locations and so long as nothing disrupts that pattern, i'm good.

the danger built into this kind of thing is i really have to watch out for eddies in my personal space-time continuum. i'll lose my wallet on the same day that the house burns down or my sister's kidneys explode, because those are events that seriously disrupt the habit-based soup my mind normally floats in. in those conditions i'll put my keys down somewhere totally out of pattern and have no clue when/where i did it because i'm in a whole different universe anyway.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I was trying to compare myself with my INTJ dad in that aspect.
Anyone who sees me, the way I look and act, thinks that I'm a very organized person. But I tend to misplace things often as long as others won't notice, aka at home.

Thought about asking on the forum and I think I see a pattern, might be an INTJ thing hehe
My dad is also and INTJ and we would work on projects together a lot when I was a kid. I spent a lot of time running back and forth to get tools, and he always knew where they were, even when they weren't put away. I also tend to be the same. As long as I was paying attention when I put something down and it doesn't get moved on me, I know where it is the vast majority of the time. The trade off is, if I wasn't paying attention when I put something down, unless it has a normal "place" it's probably lost forever. That doesn't happen super often though, thankfully.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
heh.

i really appreciate a clear visual field when i see one, but it's the kind of thing i don't need in order to function. so i almost never put energy into creating/maintaining it. i'll appreciate it if it happens to be there, but if it isn't i'm pmuch capable of just blanking it out.

i rely mostly on familiarity with my own habits. i know where important things are because i know what i always do with them. i don't have a 'my x goes there' mindset where it's a rule i impose like an stj might. i just have 'this almost definitely is there.' not because it's a rule but because that's where it always is. most of my important everyday things tend to drift between two or three habitual locations and so long as nothing disrupts that pattern, i'm good.

the danger built into this kind of thing is i really have to watch out for eddies in my personal space-time continuum. i'll lose my wallet on the same day that the house burns down or my sister's kidneys explode, because those are events that seriously disrupt the habit-based soup my mind normally floats in. in those conditions i'll put my keys down somewhere totally out of pattern and have no clue when/where i did it because i'm in a whole different universe anyway.
Relatable. I definitely run on autopilot a lot and depend on things having a "home". But like you said, it's not really structured in the sense that there's a "right" or a "wrong" place for something to be. It's more, this is where I usually put it.

Reactions: lilysocks
26481 - 26485 of 26485 Posts