Personality Cafe banner
3241 - 3260 of 6362 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
What I described was more in retrospect the next day. Thinking to myself the following day wow that girl was pretty and she seemed to like me why didn't I get her number or whatever. I don't know that she would have been one to want to go home w/ me, I was just more so expressing that there was some tension of physical attraction. Looking back I probably acted more like an ass as I got drunker becoming more cynical and sarcastic than polite and charming, I don't know that I did but I wouldn't doubt it, and since that girl lost interest in me at the end of the night, I prob did act a fool. My post was just in retrospect thinking that I might have unconsciously acted that way because I knew she wouldn't be right... I'm not one to pretend I like someone when I don't, but things aren't always so black and white and I also question whether it's right for me to have such high standards w/ the other sex, or if i'm just a narcissistic asshole being overly critical of girls who deserve to be treated better...in any case I should probably drink less :/
Your life - your standards. Period. Don't let anyone guilt you into anything. You acted that way, she walked away, not a big deal.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Where is the best place to find an ENTP? Rather, where is a convenient location for me to situate myself in order for an ENTP to find me?
This question gets asked so many times, and I never really know what to say. We're a rare breed, as you are, I believe.

The ENTPs I've found have usually found me. I may have something better when I'm not about to sleep.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Where is the best place to find an ENTP? Rather, where is a convenient location for me to situate myself in order for an ENTP to find me?
this is like when you can't find something in your own house or in your own bedroom. That you might be searching for it for hours or days or even weeks. And right after you stop searching, that's when you find it, where you least expect it.
This is more or less the same. We do the same thing the rest of the humanity does, like, going to bars, supermarkets, etc etc etc etc. But somehow, if someone comes across as too desperate or too willing to find us, then we might vanish :laughing:

·
Registered
108 Posts
this is like when you can't find something in your own house or in your own bedroom. That you might be searching for it for hours or days or even weeks. And right after you stop searching, that's when you find it, where you least expect it.
This is more or less the same. We do the same thing the rest of the humanity does, like, going to bars, supermarkets, etc etc etc etc. But somehow, if someone comes across as too desperate or too willing to find us, then we might vanish :laughing:
Lol so true! I saw your signature and tried to think of a vanishing spell from Harry Potter.. Couldnt remember any though:/

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
What do you guys think of ENFPs? And you can be general or you can vent about a specific ENFP friend/acquaintance/ex or whatever lol.

I'm just curious as to what sort of replies I'll get.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Lol so true! I saw your signature and tried to think of a vanishing spell from Harry Potter.. Couldnt remember any though:/
there's always the good ol' Apparition (Disapparition in this case). The problem here is that you cannot use it in front of muggles so... :laughing:

What do you guys think of ENFPs? And you can be general or you can vent about a specific ENFP friend/acquaintance/ex or whatever lol.

I'm just curious as to what sort of replies I'll get.

I like ENFPs quite a lot most of the times. I say most of the times because sometimes I don't like Fi that much. But mostly in general and in particular, I think ENFPs are, next to INTPs (... and, yeah, ESFPs, I must admit), one of my favs. All the ENFPs I know are girls, but I've always thought an ENFP guy must be very attractive for me.

*I edited because... yeah, ESFPs are my guilty pleasure, must admit

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
I like ENFPs quite a lot most of the times. I say most of the times because sometimes I don't like Fi that much. But mostly in general and in particular, I think ENFPs are, next to INTPs, one of my favs. All the ENFPs I know are girls, but I've always thought an ENFP guy must be very attractive to me.
Ahh the infamous Fe/Fi clash. What about Fi is such a problem?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm still fairly new to all this Fe-Fi things, still learning about them, but as I see it, I believe that the world is connected, that you have the rest of the humanity to take into consideration before doing something. It's great to have your own values, your own personal goals and so on, but, I'm sorry, you're not alone in the world and karma tends to be a bitch.
I know there's a limit to all of it, that most of the times too much of something is no good for both sides. And I also can understand Fi users, I get why they feel that way. But a strong Fi user (the same as some strong Fe users, actually) means I'm not going to be your greatest fan.

Reactions: DAPHNE XO

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
as an entp, i aspire to be good at Fe, although I hopelessly suck at it.

an ENFP is Fi dom, easy.

When things go to shit, to me, it seems like an Fi person will take care of themselves first, which makes sense.

However, when things go to shit, I worry about my partner. So I'm worried about her, she's worried about her, and no one worries about me.

that being said, i have dated a really mature ENFP, and she is still a very good friend.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
I'm still fairly new to all this Fe-Fi things, still learning about them, but as I see it, I believe that the world is connected, that you have the rest of the humanity to take into consideration before doing something. It's great to have your own values, your own personal goals and so on, but, I'm sorry, you're not alone in the world and karma tends to be a bitch. I know there's a limit to all of it, that most of the times too much of something is no good for both sides. And I also can understand Fi users, I get why they feel that way. But a strong Fi user (the same as some strong Fe users, actually) means I'm not going to be your greatest fan.
Eh this doesn't really make any sense. ENFPs especially are great at rallying people together and getting them to join a cause. To assume we don't take humanity into consideration just because we focus on individuals and not the many, is just false.
And I think people who focus on all of humanity miss out the idiosyncrasies in people that makes them interesting and unique. Still your view is your view but I think it's sorely misguided and really short-sighted. Treating people the same or assuming we're all one is pointless, because we're not. And why should we be? What benefit does it bring about if we suppose this?

I would also argue the concept of karma applies to both Fi and Fe so I don't really know why you brought it up. If anything, I would expect Fi users to be more proponents of karma because we understand that our individual actions will affect other people as that's what we want.

However, there are differences in the way Fi-doms like INFPs and Fi-auxs like ENFPs behave so it varies.
as an entp, i aspire to be good at Fe, although I hopelessly suck at it.

an ENFP is Fi dom, easy.

When things go to shit, to me, it seems like an Fi person will take care of themselves first, which makes sense.

However, when things go to shit, I worry about my partner. So I'm worried about her, she's worried about her, and no one worries about me.

that being said, i have dated a really mature ENFP, and she is still a very good friend.
Fi dom or Fi aux?
I think your views are a teeny bit biased. But that's cool.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
@DaphneDelRey As I said, both extremes can be horrible or great, I know. I get you want to defend what you feel and that's Fi, but we are not here, in this thread, to discuss what makes Fe or Fi greater than the other one. You asked what we think of ENFPs. I said I like them and they're one of my favourite types. However you chose to focus on the teeny tiny bit in which I said I "sometimes" didn't like the Fi.
I thought you were interested in asking more on ENTP-ENFP relationships, because there's so much more to it than Fe and Fi clash

Reactions: Oh_my

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
@DaphneDelRey As I said, both extremes can be horrible or great, I know. I get you want to defend what you feel and that's Fi, but we are not here, in this thread, to discuss what makes Fe or Fi greater than the other one. You asked what we think of ENFPs. I said I like them and they're one of my favourite types. However you chose to focus on the teeny tiny bit in which I said I "sometimes" didn't like the Fi.
I thought you were interested in asking more on ENTP-ENFP relationships, because there's so much more to it than Fe and Fi clash
No. I'm not concerned on which is better than the other. I just think your comment makes no sense. If you were saying, "extreme Fi does this" then fair enough, but you didn't, you said "Fi is this, and doesn't care about Karma." Which is just plain wrong. It was an ignorant statement at best, dishonest at worst. I agree it's your opinion and you have a right to it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's wrong. You clearly do not understand Fi as much as you'd like to believe.

I was interested in Fi/Fe clashes because I don't really understand the perspective of Fe. If you don't want to continue this discussion that's fine, I'm sure someone else will.

Reactions: yentipeee

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
No. I'm not concerned on which is better than the other. I just think your comment makes no sense. If you were saying, "extreme Fi does this" then fair enough, but you didn't, you said "Fi is this, and doesn't care about Karma." Which is just plain wrong. It was an ignorant statement at best, dishonest at worst. I agree it's your opinion and you have a right to it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's wrong. You clearly do not understand Fi as much as you'd like to believe.

I was interested in Fi/Fe clashes because I don't really understand the perspective of Fe. If you don't want to continue this discussion that's fine, I'm sure someone else will.

You just expressed your Fi, and excellent example of Fi vs Fe . In ENTP-land right vs. wrong is always up for debate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you don't want to continue this discussion that's fine, I'm sure someone else will.
Running out of people to talk to pretty fast, aren't we?

If you are that interested in Fi/Fe clash just go back and reread the posts above. She clearly wanted to help you to the best of her ability with something you asked (Fe) and you ended up saying that her statement may be dishonest. Now that's what they call judgemental (Fi).

You have your answer.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
You just expressed your Fi, and excellent example of Fi vs Fe . In ENTP-land right vs. wrong is always up for debate.
Is there a right version of Fi that is up for debate? Wut?

Running out of people to talk to pretty fast, aren't we?

If you are that interested in Fi/Fe clash just go back and reread the posts above. She clearly wanted to help you to the best of her ability with something you asked (Fe) and you ended up saying that her statement may be dishonest. Now that's what they call judgemental (Fi).

You have your answer.
What is the point of your sarcasm? Why use it at all?

I said at worst it was dishonest; you're doing exactly what she accused me of doing but apparently it's completely valid when you do it and not so valid when I do it. Okay. I'm not sure what the point of your statement was but I'm sure you think you know.

This is why I don't really bother with ENTPs to be fair.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is there a right version of Fi? Wut?

What is the point of your sarcasm? Why use it at all?

I said at worst it was dishonest; you're doing exactly what she accused me of doing but apparently it's completely valid when you do it and not so valid when I do it. Okay. I'm not sure what the point of your statement was but I'm sure you think you know.

This is why I don't really bother with ENTPs to be fair.
Sarcasm? I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing that I said was either emotional or incorrect (saying that something is dishonest at worst is actually stronger than saying that something may be dishonest btw). If you read something between the lines (as you should have) it is solely your interpretation and I have nothing to do with it.

And since when do you need to be friends with someone to talk to them?

Edit: your original post had something about making friends here, not sure where that part went.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
Sarcasm? I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing that I said was either emotional or incorrect (saying that something is dishonest at worst is actually stronger than saying that something may be dishonest btw). If you read something between the lines (as you should have) it is solely your interpretation and I have nothing to do with it.

And since when do you need to be friends with someone to talk to them?
Of course you can't see the sarcasm in your comment and I'm the one who's crazy. Of course.

I disagree with the bolded, but I don't want to waste our time discussing it further because it'll be a really boring semantic debate.

I don't like how ENTPs are always like, "I said this but if you interpret this, then that's your problem" to then turn around and say, "you said this, and I interpreted it as such therefore I am correct in my own interpretation." You've done that twice now. You say something, and instead of assuming we might have miscommunicated which is perfectly natural and unintentional on either side -- you just jump the gun and make out like I'm crazy for seeing things that aren't there based on your own understanding. It's quite the double standard.

edit: Still, you've helped me put to bed why I don't bother with ENTPs and for that I thank you. :kitteh:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Of course you can't see the sarcasm in your comment and I'm the one who's crazy. Of course.

I disagree with the bolded, but I don't want to waste our time discussing it further because it'll be a really boring semantic debate.

I don't like how ENTPs are always like, "I said this but if you interpret this, then that's your problem" to then turn around and say, "you said this, and I interpreted it as such therefore I am correct in my own interpretation." You've done that twice now. You say something, and instead of assuming we might have miscommunicated which is perfectly natural and unintentional on either side -- you just jump the gun and make out like I'm crazy for seeing things that aren't there based on your own understanding. It's quite the double standard.

edit: Still, you've helped me put to bed why I don't bother with ENTPs and for that I thank you. :kitteh:
There may have been several layers of sarcasm! Such a shame I can't understand what you're talking about.

The difference is not semantic, when someone says 'maybe' you still give the person a chance to explain themselves. But I don't want to go into the boring stuff either.

So, now that we cleared out whether you bother with ENTPs or not, are you still wondering whether ENTPs like ENFPs? Just to make sure.

By the way, a friend of mine is ENFP (I guess so) and we have a blast together! I like his crazy energy.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
There may have been several layers of sarcasm! Such a shame I can't understand what you're talking about.

The difference is not semantic, when someone says 'maybe' you still give the person a chance to explain themselves. But I don't want to go into the boring stuff either.

So, now that we cleared out whether you bother with ENTPs or not, are you still wondering whether ENTPs like ENFPs? Just to make sure.

By the way, a friend of mine is ENFP (I guess so) and we have a blast together! I like his crazy energy.
But you just did. If I say, "at best X, at worst Y," I'm acknowledging that there is room for doubt as to what their intentions were when they performed action A. Hence, at worst they're being dishonest, at best they're just not sure. If you want to read the worst bit and then assume that's what I mean, that's your legitimate problem because I've made it clear in my writing that I was open to either possibility.

That's great I guess.

3241 - 3260 of 6362 Posts