Personality Cafe banner
3261 - 3280 of 6362 Posts

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
But you just did. If I say, "at best X, at worst Y," I'm acknowledging that there is room for doubt as to what their intentions were when they performed action A. Hence, at worst they're being dishonest, at best they're just not sure. If you want to read the worst bit and then assume that's what I mean, that's your legitimate problem because I've made it clear in my writing that I was open to either possibility.

That's great I guess.

haha, you're trolling the trollers,, good one

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No. I'm not concerned on which is better than the other. I just think your comment makes no sense. If you were saying, "extreme Fi does this" then fair enough, but you didn't, you said "Fi is this, and doesn't care about Karma." Which is just plain wrong. It was an ignorant statement at best, dishonest at worst. I agree it's your opinion and you have a right to it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's wrong. You clearly do not understand Fi as much as you'd like to believe.

I was interested in Fi/Fe clashes because I don't really understand the perspective of Fe. If you don't want to continue this discussion that's fine, I'm sure someone else will.
English is my second language that's why I use it with a lot of caution. And that's why I know exactly what I write and what I say. I was humble enough to say how stupid I still am about functions, especially when it comes to feelings. Not only that, I also said that it was how I SEE IT. Which is not a synonym of you said "Fi is this, and doesn't care about Karma."
The thing is, I am interested too in the Fe-Fi debate, I really am because I would like to see how Fi sees Fe and try to understand it. But, you see, this is a thread about relationship with ENTPs, not about functions. There's this whole subforum about functions where people will be more than willing to explain and to tell you how Fe works and so on. Or you can also ask ExFJs, being Fe their dom functions and not their terciary like for us ENTPs.

Reactions: Oh_my

·
Registered
108 Posts
But you just did. If I say, "at best X, at worst Y," I'm acknowledging that there is room for doubt as to what their intentions were when they performed action A. Hence, at worst they're being dishonest, at best they're just not sure. If you want to read the worst bit and then assume that's what I mean, that's your legitimate problem because I've made it clear in my writing that I was open to either possibility.

That's great I guess.
Lol you're sooo missing our main point about this whole conversation you started it's not even amusing any more :rolleyes:
She's neither "ignorant at best", nor "dishonest at worst". That's.just.her.clearly.stated.opinion. What can be so hard to understand about it? :happy:

Anyway, let's get back to the actual ENTP relationship stuff as this thread suggests.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
Lol you're sooo missing our main point about this whole conversation you started it's not even amusing any more :rolleyes:
She's neither "ignorant at best", nor "dishonest at worst". That's.just.her.clearly.stated.opinion. What can be so hard to understand about it? :happy:

Anyway, let's get back to the actual ENTP relationship stuff as this thread suggests.
Of course, of course I'm missing the point lol. The point I literally already mentioned five posts ago - "I agree it's your opinion and you have a right to it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's wrong." You're not really saying much, you just wanted to jump in and feel like you actually contributed something. Well done though. Good attempt at trolling.

0/10 - input was completely unnecessary and irrelevant.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
English is my second language that's why I use it with a lot of caution. And that's why I know exactly what I write and what I say. I was humble enough to say how stupid I still am about functions, especially when it comes to feelings. Not only that, I also said that it was how I SEE IT. Which is not a synonym of you said "Fi is this, and doesn't care about Karma."
The thing is, I am interested too in the Fe-Fi debate, I really am because I would like to see how Fi sees Fe and try to understand it. But, you see, this is a thread about relationship with ENTPs, not about functions. There's this whole subforum about functions where people will be more than willing to explain and to tell you how Fe works and so on. Or you can also ask ExFJs, being Fe their dom functions and not their terciary like for us ENTPs.
This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Relationships with ENTPs will include discussion about functions because the functions that clash will be part of the relationship with the ENTP. The fact that you SEE IT one way does not erase or reduce the fact that Fi is NOT what you see it as. If you don't want to be corrected by a Fi user on what Fi actually is then don't bother responding next time. Simple as.

Why tell me you're interested in the Fe/Fi debate then point me elsewhere? What a pointless move. You've just said you're interested in the Fe-Fi debate, I've just corrected you on what Fi actually is and what it is not, and you're telling me to go elsewhere.... Wut?

You clearly do not care about Fi at all then.You just want to give an opinion and not have it challenged because you can't bear the possibility that you might be wrong in your understanding.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Relationships with ENTPs will include discussion about functions because the functions that clash will be part of the relationship with the ENTP. The fact that you SEE IT one way does not erase or reduce the fact that Fi is NOT what you see it as. If you don't want to be corrected by a Fi user on what Fi actually is then don't bother responding next time. Simple as.

Why tell me you're interested in the Fe/Fi debate then point me elsewhere? What a pointless move. You've just said you're interested in the Fe-Fi debate, I've just corrected you on what Fi actually is and what it is not, and you're telling me to go elsewhere.... Wut?

You clearly do not care about Fi at all then.You just want to give an opinion and not have it challenged because you can't bear the possibility that you might be wrong in your understanding.
:happy:

Reactions: Oh_my and DAPHNE XO

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Is there a right version of Fi that is up for debate? Wut?

What is the point of your sarcasm? Why use it at all?

I said at worst it was dishonest; you're doing exactly what she accused me of doing but apparently it's completely valid when you do it and not so valid when I do it. Okay. I'm not sure what the point of your statement was but I'm sure you think you know.

This is why I don't really bother with ENTPs to be fair.
You can bother with me, I'm the bomb. And love ENFPs. :D

Reactions: DAPHNE XO

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Turbulent ENTP women-
What are the chances of you keeping your mouth shut about something?

I've known an ENTP girl for about a month and we both find each other hot (openly admitted). Just a matter of time before we start hooking up, but for reasons I can't explain, it must remain a secret.

If someone told you "I'm absolutely trusting you with this and it must remain a secret", would you oblige? Also, would you keep it a secret should something bad, like a fight/break up happen between you and the person?
Secret keeping isn't a problem for me at all. However, you would have to give me a damn good reason why our relationship would have to be kept secret. Because if it's me, I'm assuming that it's either because you're cheating or because you're ashamed to be with me for some reason. And those are both unacceptable to me. If you propositioned me in that kind of scenario, I would tell as many people as possible what a sleaze you were. :wink:

Reactions: shallnotbenamed

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
You can bother with me, I'm the bomb. And love ENFPs. :D
I can take you up on this offer :D You're also a 7w8 so it'd be interesting to see how the Fe-Fi function makes us different in communication styles and stuff like that :)

Reactions: johnnyyukon

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I can take you up on this offer :D You're also a 7w8 so it'd be interesting to see how the Fe-Fi function makes us different in communication styles and stuff like that :)

I got a bigger than average.....Fe

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Guys I have an ENTP related question. How much does an impending break up affect your emotional investment in a relationship. I am currently working abroad for 6 months and ended up being roommates with an ENTP. I wasn't attracted to him straight away due to pining over a particular INFJ, typical ENFP but sensed attraction from his side. He was a player type so went through girls like underwear, but I still sensed his physical attraction but he kept pointing out that I was someone he would never date, but we often hung out and he became a good friend. One night he was drunk and found himself in my bed and I just let him be because he was tired and it didn't bother me. But after that night he kept coming to sleep in my bed. But it was in the way that I would sleep with my brother there was no physical contact at all and he would pretend as if nothing had happened in the morning. one night I went into his bed and he must've taken this as a green light so we progressed to cuddling anyways we continued this way for 4 months getting progressively closer (it took him over a month to even kiss me) until we had sex. The we started to have sex exclusively and him doing something to make me jealous resulted in an argument and he brought up the fact that we weren't dating. I said fine we would have to be platonic then, which he claimed he had always wanted until after about 1 week he asked me to be his gf. He had to ask me 3 times before I agreed and we were fine until now 2 weeks before i'm supposed to leave he says he can no longer invest emotionally in the relationship because i'm leaving and apparently it's to safeguard both of us. Was he using me?

I have to point out he still wants us to see each other and up until the point he asked me to be his gf he kept repeating how he wouldn't date me but would often tell me he was in love with me and wanted to marry me when he was drunk. Also he kisses me and is with me in public but introduces me as his friend or housemate he says it's because he's really private. Have I been had?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
@Zobster See, we rarely plan things, we normally want things to come and flow. Since we tend to rationalize every single thing, it is very difficult for us to understand our feelings and most of the times it's not until we're deep down that we understand what's really going on. From the sound of it, that looks like what happend to him. I don't think he's playing with you.
I know how difficult it can be to have a relationship with a flatmate so maybe at first he was trying to avoid it. I would have.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Guys I have an ENTP related question. How much does an impending break up affect your emotional investment in a relationship. I am currently working abroad for 6 months and ended up being roommates with an ENTP. I wasn't attracted to him straight away due to pining over a particular INFJ, typical ENFP but sensed attraction from his side. He was a player type so went through girls like underwear, but I still sensed his physical attraction but he kept pointing out that I was someone he would never date, but we often hung out and he became a good friend. One night he was drunk and found himself in my bed and I just let him be because he was tired and it didn't bother me. But after that night he kept coming to sleep in my bed. But it was in the way that I would sleep with my brother there was no physical contact at all and he would pretend as if nothing had happened in the morning. one night I went into his bed and he must've taken this as a green light so we progressed to cuddling anyways we continued this way for 4 months getting progressively closer (it took him over a month to even kiss me) until we had sex. The we started to have sex exclusively and him doing something to make me jealous resulted in an argument and he brought up the fact that we weren't dating. I said fine we would have to be platonic then, which he claimed he had always wanted until after about 1 week he asked me to be his gf. He had to ask me 3 times before I agreed and we were fine until now 2 weeks before i'm supposed to leave he says he can no longer invest emotionally in the relationship because i'm leaving and apparently it's to safeguard both of us. Was he using me?

I have to point out he still wants us to see each other and up until the point he asked me to be his gf he kept repeating how he wouldn't date me but would often tell me he was in love with me and wanted to marry me when he was drunk. Also he kisses me and is with me in public but introduces me as his friend or housemate he says it's because he's really private. Have I been had?
But you're leaving! Do you still want a relationship with him? Unless you do and you talked about this, it's you who is breaking up with him. If he feels he needs to break up two weeks sooner, why not just let him soften the blow?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hey guys.

I've been dating an ENTP for a year and a bit. It was a bumpy ride, but I loved and still love him through.

Recently, we'we been having some issues.
After we resolved some of the bigger ones, everything was alright until he mentioned that we need to be 'better friends' in order to be a better couple, and we need to develop more intimacy. I was upset over this because I thought we were doing better. I started going to counselling and bit by bit sorting out my issues. Since we got a bit better two months ago, he was eager to improve our relationship and move out of his parent's apartment. Everything was okay up until recently, when he declared face to face that he isn't happy in this relationship due to not feeling unconditionally intimate, lack of sexual activeness from my side, me being not logical and emotional. That when I am overly-stressed I get angsty.
This all probably sounds very hopeless to resolve and has no chance for you guys. I know that and don't expect us to fly back into our hands.

To be fair, he did state that he loves me, likes to spend time with me, reflect from me, exchange thoughts and ideas. But then he cut it off with 'But I don't feel as if I could love you as much as I'd like, and that sucks'. I couldn't help but cry, because I've fallen in love with him even more through time and it was hurtful to hear. We both agreed that sometimes we spend to o much time together and we need more friends.

We decided to give each other some space and I went home. Just after our conversation he messaged his mum and told her we broke up. Since me and his mum get along, she messaged me and asked if I was okay after the break up. Being curious asked him 'is this the break up?' over text, but all he said was 'for now we're giving each other space, but probably. Let's just wait out until your next counselling session. We can talk then if you want'. I informed him the other day that renewing counselling might take up to several weeks, and asked if he will wait that long, his answer was 'Sure'.
Is it possible he meant a milder version of 'we're done and I don't care anymore'?
Also, he told his friend that we're having some issues and that we're taking a break for now.

I understand we're not the best couple and don't expect him to say he wants us to be together.
But could anyone at least explain is he just confused or just trying to already get over me and break up?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
[UPDATE]:
We broke up.
He had too much. He doesn't even want to talk anymore.

Gonna go to his place tomorrow to do the break up face to face, cry again, mourn over my love for him and collect my stuff...

Reactions: johnnyyukon

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
4. Not really. I believe that in order to have a healthy and sane relationship each partner must maintain their own independence and rely mostly on them selves for emotional stability. This is why i keep away from most girls who always seems to be with some new guy. Edit : Clingy is a MAJOR no-no. Call or text me too much in the beginning and i will run away.
2 year younger me, YOU ARE SO FUCKING FULL OF SHIT.

You fucking want the clingy. Don't try to kid yourself. Idiot. Also, don't enter any relationships until when you're 28 at least. You're not ready and you will fuck them all up. Asshole.

3261 - 3280 of 6362 Posts