Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 13219 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thread exists in the ESTJ & INTJ sections and seems to have been a rather useful addition, kudos to @TheWaffle .

Any type can ask a question, and they will be answered by the INTPs .

Science questions work too.
Or the other kinds of questions.
Any kind of questions.

Shoot!

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
What happens when an antimatter black hole falls into a normal matter black hole of the same mass?
Cthullu gets an erection

to answer your question more directly, energy is created.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Since the laws of physics are different for antimatter then for matter, I'm uncertain whether antimatter could make a black hole in the first place. But if it did, I think antimatter- and matter-spawned black holes would be the same.

If 2 black holes collided, I think the result would be either 2 orbiting black holes or one huge one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cthullu gets an erection

to answer your question more directly, energy is created.
But wouldn't all the energy in a singularity just instantly turn into matter again? Or would it destroy the black hole completely, kind of like a mini big-bang?

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
But wouldn't all the energy in a singularity just instantly turn into matter again? Or would it destroy the black hole completely, kind of like a mini big-bang?
Well it was my impression that anti matter and matter destroy one another in exchange for energy so keeping in mind they destroy one another and they're the same mass I would say it'd create energy however it's hard to speculate things we can't observe.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have one. Why did INTPs compose like all of my High School math classes?

Not to perpetuate a stereotype or anything, but I swear there were at least 10 INTPs in like every one. :crazy:

I'd always be saying how dumb Math was, and one of you would always be saying how dumb English was, and then we'd trade answers.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Keep on track please and stop spamming.

How many planets have been discovered that can support human life?

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Keep on track please and stop spamming.

How many planets have been discovered that can support human life?
Just ours, and another one that has water beneath the surface and microorganisms in the water, so 2 that I know of so far.

EDIT: can't remember which one it was though....

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
Just ours, and another one that has water beneath the surface and microorganisms in the water, so 2 that I know of so far.

EDIT: can't remember which one it was though....
It's the Jovian moon Europa. We aren't one hundred per cent sure there is an ocean beneath it.

There are also several known exoplanets of the correct mass and distance from their star to be capable of supporting life.

I have one. Why did INTPs compose like all of my High School math classes?
Mathematics is and will always be the most precise and logical discipline of knowledge. Einstein famously said that it's entirely conceivable God could have made the universe's physical laws different, but even God could not make four a prime number.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mathematics is and will always be the most precise and logical discipline of knowledge. Einstein famously said that it's entirely conceivable God could have made the universe's physical laws different, but even God could not make four a prime number.
I can respect that. I haven't quite seen more "novelty maths" (i.e. outside the realm of everyday use) used in a context outside of a classroom, but my thinking is a bit people-centric. Higher maths are, of course, completely central to some things, and do exist as an abstract field of concrete certainty.

·
Registered
667 Posts
(faux-deleted)

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Europa can't support human life. It's around -200 degrees or something there. Also, Europa is a moon not a planet =3
Still there is life on that thing, where there is single-celled life, there is the potential for multi-celled life!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Still there is life on that thing, where there is single-celled life, there is the potential for multi-celled life!
Yeah, that wasn't my point though. TreeBob asked for planets that can support human life, and Europa isn't a planet and can't support human life at the moment.

1 - 20 of 13219 Posts