Personality Cafe banner

12961 - 12980 of 13012 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello INTPs! ENTP here. I've often been accused of being an introvert (by those not interested in systematic personality typing) so many times that I finally thought, "what the hell, might as well research what that might possibly be like." But I am indisputably a 7w8.

And so I come to you to see what I can learn about what a possible INTP 7 would look like (healthy version preferably, but not necessarily).

And since you are all INTPs, I hope you appreciate that I am not looking for an "end all be all" kind of answer. I just want to poke the beast for the possibilities of what such a rare type would look like, especially from an INTP's point of view. Thanks~!

·
Banned
5,408 Posts
Hello INTPs! ENTP here. I've often been accused of being an introvert (by those not interested in systematic personality typing) so many times that I finally thought, "what the hell, might as well research what that might possibly be like." But I am indisputably a 7w8.

And so I come to you to see what I can learn about what a possible INTP 7 would look like (healthy version preferably, but not necessarily).

And since you are all INTPs, I hope you appreciate that I am not looking for an "end all be all" kind of answer. I just want to poke the beast for the possibilities of what such a rare type would look like, especially from an INTP's point of view. Thanks~!
My response edited. Ok, that's interesting. I wonder how INTx type 7 would look like.

Because it might be that you are an advancing 7 or a regressing 5.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts

I don't know what 7w8 means; I've never really been interested in the extra complexity of that enneagram stuff.

I just want to add that I think it's quite common for ENXPs to mistakenly think they're introverts just because they aren't hugely interested in things that are "people oriented".

My younger brother is an ENTP and he spends a lot of time either on his computer or doing his own thing, which are stereotypical 'introverted' pursuits, but he's such an obvious ENTP. He has INTP-ish logic, but doesn't like pessimism and is better at refraining from commenting on things unless there's a useful, positive or productive purpose to his contribution.

I've met two ENFPs who think they're introverts too, which I think is laughable. For ENFPs, they're just so engulfed by their own ego that they decide they must somehow be introverted because they don't care about standard human interaction.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
715 Posts

I’ve researched Enneagram for many years and I wouldn’t really correlate it to mbti. Most evidence that says it is related is usually anecdotal and quite stereotypical. Think of your cognitive functions as your decision making process and enneagram as your motivation behind those decisions. There’s really no reason why you can’t be any combo if you pull everything apart down to its basic level and take learned habits out of it.

·
Registered
INTP
1,944 Posts
Why, when I start randomly writing stuff on here, do I leave that ridiculous over-thinking mood which seems to draw me to PerC and I become somewhat happier and more care-free and then I can get on with my life again?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Why, when I start randomly writing stuff on here, do I leave that ridiculous over-thinking mood which seems to draw me to PerC and I become somewhat happier and more care-free and then I can get on with my life again?
Because PCafe is an outlet for your brain and you never knew. Like a massage for the heart you keep tucked away. You just feel cathartic, like a long stretch after being in an uncomfortable position for a long time.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Are there any tools to measure Wifi signal strength across the house? No shams, so preferably in browser.
Yes, just Google for WiFi heatmap software and pick whatever one you like. I doubt there's one that works in your browser though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a question.

But first the background:

I am a ENFJ in a FWB relationship with INTP male. Communication is great when we are together. But it always seems off when we are not, especially the next day after sex, no communication ever. Most of the time when we text I aspect the following from him: a text in seconds, hours later, or not at all. Most of the time I have to text first, but sometimes he will be the first to communicate. This last time he called me, I was shocked, because he has never done that. But then again no response to text the next day after sex, the sex was so intense and mind blowing, I have never had sex like that with anyone. I can't stop thinking about him. Ugh.

Do INTP have to process having sex with someone? If so what are you processing? I am trying to understand. I also feel like I am falling for him.

PS sorry for any grammar and spelling. I can't think straight right now, nor can I focus on work. I feel totally messed up.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Would it bother you if...

You asked a friend to crash at his place until you get back on your feet. Your friend lives with a roommate who has agreed to let you use his room to sleep. But the roommate never speaks to you the entire time you're living in the apartment. Would him never speaking to you bother you?
No, I'd be happy with that. I often do not want people to speak to me. However: neurodivergent person so the speaking/listening thing is physiologically more difficult for me and basic social things like speaking to people "just to be friendly" are foreign and unappreciated by me.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Why do you guys go on monologues sometimes? (Coming from a place of curiosity, not trying to be mean, sorry!) I'm just curious why this happens in social settings sometimes and I can't tell if it's because you either don't read the room right and realize you've lost everyone like 3 minutes ago or if you just don't care because you've waited so long to put your thoughts together so now you really want to share it or ???? Is it more important to get the idea out there at all costs even if no one engages with it / you lose people along the way or are you hoping people will actually follow you down the mental exercise you're laying out and if so then why not engage others in a back and forth versus just talking for so long?
Um that's autism not an INTP thing maybe. I don't monologue but I can say why I might talk for longer than someone wants/expects: when I want to convince someone of something, I think that I owe that person a reason/explanation. To me it is inconsiderate (and probably not going to work) to drop an idea on someone without giving them a reason to adopt that idea.

Also, without the explanation, people tend to assume they know why I think what I think. I hate that and they are always wrong, so I try to avoid the frustration by explaining why at the same time i present the idea.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Why do the British make all this legendary music? Is it the English bias, magnitude of the industry - or are they seriously more talented?

I'm talking 70's, 80's, 90's, and even some of the early 2000's.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Why do the British make all this legendary music? Is it the English bias, magnitude of the industry - or are they seriously more talented?

I'm talking 70's, 80's, 90's, and even some of the early 2000's.
I agree, the UK has some fantastically creative people.

I came up with a pseudo theory which claims that our creativity came via our colonisation by France, with all the artsy fartsy that goes with Frenchness, and our adoration of rules came from the Germanic roots we've got. British culture is basically a French-German mongrel.

A French mate of mine showed me Les Inconnus, a 90s French comedy group whose sketches look entirely British in format, apart from everyone is speaking French. This is what set the foundation for my pseudo theory.

(I can't understand a word of this)

12961 - 12980 of 13012 Posts