Personality Cafe banner

12981 - 13000 of 13012 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Why are salted/roaster nuts so much cheaper than regular nuts? Isn't it an extra step in production, and therefore more expensive?

·
Registered
INTP
3,591 Posts
My guess: regular (raw) nuts need to be really fresh and good quality or they don't taste good. Then, these nuts must be packaged carefully (e.g., vacuum packed) to prevent the oils from going rancid, etc.

Roasted and salted nuts don't need to be quite as good to begin with, as the processing hides the natural flavor somewhat. In addition, the roasting/salting extends shelf life, so cheaper packaging can be used and sell-by dates can be later.

It's often similar with other foods; for example, pork sausage can be cheaper than a pork roast, or canned vegetables cheaper than fresh.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Why are salted/roaster nuts so much cheaper than regular nuts? Isn't it an extra step in production, and therefore more expensive?
My guess: regular (raw) nuts need to be really fresh and good quality or they don't taste good. Then, these nuts must be packaged carefully (e.g., vacuum packed) to prevent the oils from going rancid, etc.

Roasted and salted nuts don't need to be quite as good to begin with, as the processing hides the natural flavor somewhat. In addition, the roasting/salting extends shelf life, so cheaper packaging can be used and sell-by dates can be later.

It's often similar with other foods; for example, pork sausage can be cheaper than a pork roast, or canned vegetables cheaper than fresh.
I think the preservative argument is a pretty good one.

I would also suggest that maybe salted/roasted peanuts are just more popular, so standard supply and demand drives the price down. I have no idea which type is actually more popular though.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I would also suggest that maybe salted/roasted peanuts are just more popular, so standard supply and demand drives the price down. I have no idea which type is actually more popular though.
Yep, came up with this myself prior to asking.

And definitely salted (think of all the youth, parties, cinemas, ...). Unsalted = for dieting vegan moms.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Can you tell me, True or False?

I think Fi and Fe is how Humans meet/front The World - in respectively bottom and top.
I think Ti and Te is how Humans second/respond to The World - Respectively Bottom and Top.

i think Ti is "Defensive Weapon" aka upper-cut (in boxing). Ti people tend to listen alot, and after awhile say; "What a bunch of nonse!" And say something smart (defensive weapon).

Ti creates a Defensive weapon in response to Te Offensive Weapon ... INTJs bann you (me) instantly!

thank you.
i

·
Registered
INTP
438 Posts
How often do you change your mind?
If someone is hoping to change my mind for me, they can't do it.
I deliberate rather than change my mind. Once I've made up my mind, it's hard to change.

Reactions: Bella2016

·
Registered
INTP
3,591 Posts
It takes me a pretty long time to develop an opinion or loyalty in the first place. So I don't change my mind often.

I'm baffled by people who start out dazzled by something/someone and then do a complete turnaround. Or people who say they want something and then don't feel like it/don't follow through.

In a sense you could say I do change my mind though, as I quit jobs, move away, etc., when I get bored.

·
Registered
INTP
1,944 Posts
I'm baffled by people who start out dazzled by something/someone and then do a complete turnaround.
Yes; they make a hasty judgement often immediately which isn't based on reality (not sure what's it's based on?) and so they are forced to change their mind later when they see the truth/ start to notice the bigger picture. We tend to do things the other way around. It doesn't make any sense to me why they would do this either.

·
Registered
INTP
1,944 Posts
If someone is hoping to change my mind for me, they can't do it.
I deliberate rather than change my mind. Once I've made up my mind, it's hard to change.
Agree; it seems this can make people think I'm "closed-minded" at times, but if I've really taken time to think through all sides of the argument in the past, then unless they can point out something I've missed (which I'm open to), then they are wasting their time because as far as I can see it's them who hasn't thought through both sides of the argument in depth!

·
Registered
822 Posts
How often do you change your mind?
Very rarely. My Ti framework of the world is very well-structured, even at my young age, so it's very hard to disrupt it. But given enough evidence or even a really strong arguement, I will admit that I'm wrong and accept new data as fact.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I'm baffled by people who start out dazzled by something/someone and then do a complete turnaround. Or people who say they want something and then don't feel like it/don't follow through.

In a sense you could say I do change my mind though, as I quit jobs, move away, etc., when I get bored.
Maybe those people who baffle you simply got bored. ;)

·
Registered
INTP
1,944 Posts
I understand about getting bored. But in the meantime, I try not to mislead others by presenting a fleeting impression as fact, or waste their time by pretending I'm going to do something.
They just haven't taken the whole picture into account. They think that what they see immediately is all that there is to see. And then when they realise they were wrong, they have to go back on their word. At least that's how I'm seeing it.

·
Registered
INTP
3,591 Posts
And they probably get a payoff anyway. By saying something, they're seen as interesting, sociable, well meaning, etc. These people tend to be more popular than the honorable ones who think before they speak.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Why most intp's try to find justifications of how they are .... they are willing to go so far to even criticize others and lie to themself.

I guess the mbti concept just makes them stopped thinking about self grow.

·
Registered
INTP
1,944 Posts
Why most intp's try to find justifications of how they are .... they are willing to go so far to even criticize others and lie to themself.

I think for me, part of the processing of what someone is telling me comes when I refute it - I have to remember my "excuses", and when I bring those excuses to the front of my mind I can readdress them - thinking about whether they are valid excuses or not and even discussing them and working through them with the person who has complained. When I have thought more about it, and often collected more data/ seen things from another angle more clearly, I may change my mind.

·
Registered
INTP, 5w4 in the Enneagramm
19 Posts

I think it is explained by our dominant fonction, the Thinking introverted. In that way we think the universe as many logical systems, and the INTP is one of them. Some of my weaknesses are explained by the INTP.
After, if some INTPs don't want to self grow, I think it is explained by one flaw pointed by the youtuber C.S Joseph: going out of our comfort zone would be a serious problem for us according to him, so these INTPs could justify their hate to go out their comfort zone by their logic.
In my case, I don't like to go out of my comfort zone and it is really an effort for me to make new sort of actions, after I don't know for the others.

·
Registered
INTP
1,944 Posts
How would you describe yourself?
Edit: My answer may have read wrong, so let me try again to say what I was saying. I just know and understand some things that others don't (things that I have studied even without realising), and when people refuse to listen it's often to their own detriment because they then have to learn the hard way. Basically I was just ranting about the same thing I always rant about on here. Probably not really answering the question.

12981 - 13000 of 13012 Posts