Personality Cafe banner

13021 - 13040 of 13064 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Is there anyone who does like the hazelnut in nut mixes?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Is there any pleasure in laughing that is relatable to sexual pleasure?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Do bands know in advance which songs on the album are going to be the hits?

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,146 Posts
How could an INTP child be taught morals?

My ESFP friend was trying to teach both an INTP boy and an INFP boy to "take turns" when talking. He related how we should put ourselves in other people's shoes and think about how we should feel if someone else interrupted us. Predictably, it worked on the INFP but failed on the INTP who continued to bring up objection after objection or just shut down communication by refusing to answer his leading questions. Things like, "Well he doesn't take turns, so why do I have to?" and "He just doesn't want me to talk" were common objections.

If the question was too broad, then please just answer: How could one go about teaching an INTP to wait for his turn to talk? For reference, the two boys are brothers and the INTP is in 3rd grade.

·
Registered
INTP
4,291 Posts
This reminds me of a lesson in sharing my mother tried to teach me. It backfired; rather than learning generosity, I just felt ripped off.

Maybe tell the INTP that it's a rule he has to follow, and he can break it after a certain age or other milestone. Or challenge him to figure out how to speak/wait/listen a certain percentage of the time. Offer rewards or discuss consequences. Make a chart. Make the chart more interesting by seeing if his behavior change leads to anything good. Ask him to come up with his own reasons why he should wait his turn (give him a while to think about this).

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,146 Posts
This reminds me of a lesson in sharing my mother tried to teach me. It backfired; rather than learning generosity, I just felt ripped off.

Maybe tell the INTP that it's a rule he has to follow, and he can break it after a certain age or other milestone. Or challenge him to figure out how to speak/wait/listen a certain percentage of the time. Offer rewards or discuss consequences. Make a chart. Make the chart more interesting by seeing if his behavior change leads to anything good. Ask him to come up with his own reasons why he should wait his turn (give him a while to think about this).
Since he already flat refuses to do things he doesn't want to do, the first one might not work. I'm also not prepared to follow up and let him break it again, I can't make that promise to him. The second one he has calculated already and he thinks that his relationship with his brother won't be negatively affected even if he continues with his attitude. I'd rather not have to wait long enough for his brother to stop being so forgiving and for him to suffer the consequences.

The rest of your suggestions are phenomenal. Thanks! :) The rewards thing and getting him to make his own reasons are particularly good and I can envision how I could implement that already. If that doesn't work, we'll try the chart.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
How to stop "woke leftists" influence on the society?
Are you for real?

Ten years of Tory leadership for the UK, as in... ten years of a right wing government making all the decisions that dictate the direction the country will go in... with an endless reel of evidence to show clearly how fucking terrible, economically damaging, deliberately unequal and downright fucking corrupt it has all been... and you think the problem is "woke leftists"...???

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Is there anyone who does like the hazelnut in nut mixes?
Hazelnut is at least a little bit better than plain peanut.

Also monkey nuts. You can probably get them cooked in tasty ways, but in China they were always served soggy, as if they had been left to soak in some kind of light brine, making them taste like soggy plant seeds. Nothing nutty about them. Tasted like plant with a hint of salt.

·
Registered
I thimk INTP
14,417 Posts
What is the morality of applying hindsight to nuking the corona food market in China that started this whole thing?

·
Registered
617 Posts
How to stop "woke leftists" influence on the society?
They're already starting to deteriorate but you should blame the brain-washing machinery , They control the media , the high schools , universities , social programs , social organizations , ect. they created snowflake marxists full of envy and resentment.

Hey... At least U.s. , Germany , Japan , Russia , ect . They are doing the first steps to stop China from getting alot bigger ( How those leftists organizations made money )... i guess the world is not so fuck up.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hazelnut is at least a little bit better than plain peanut.

Also monkey nuts. You can probably get them cooked in tasty ways, but in China they were always served soggy, as if they had been left to soak in some kind of light brine, making them taste like soggy plant seeds. Nothing nutty about them. Tasted like plant with a hint of salt.
I've been to restaurants in China (Guangdong province) where they serve dried peanuts and pickled scallion heads as appetizers, so I think it depends. I wish more restaurants serve those pickled scallion heads. They are delicious.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I've been to restaurants in China (Guangdong province) where they serve dried peanuts and pickled scallion heads as appetizers, so I think it depends. I wish more restaurants serve those pickled scallion heads. They are delicious.
Yeah I've been to places with that too. I was probably too extreme when I said the monkey nuts are "always" soggy. Actually it was just "soggy on enough occasions for it to have become a regular displeasure.

13021 - 13040 of 13064 Posts