Personality Cafe banner
14101 - 14116 of 14116 Posts

· Registered
INT-something. P…?
9 Posts
How would you guys decline pushy salesperson in places you frequently visit (hairdressers offering hair products, personal trainers offering their service at the gym, etc)? Are you concerned of coming across as rude when declining?
Not proud of it, but I would probably just buy it. Yes, I am concerned with being rude. Mostly, I am concerned about how they won’t shut up and how to make them shut up.

· Registered
71 Posts
Do you ever feel like your thinking needs some kind of constraint or guided focus from the “outside”? If your thoughts start to go all over the place. Or it doesn’t happen with Ti dominants? Could be just my Ni needs regularization.
Not 100% sure I understand the question, but… yeah I guess so? But not necessarily? It depends? Constraints enable us to come up with creative solutions to problems. I think that would be the same for any type though. Personally I am prone to thinking and researching forever without end unless there is an external limit enforced, like a time deadline or budget constraint. According to my limited knowledge of MBTI theory, P types are more prone to this than J types because P types will leave things more open ended, always wondering if there is a better way etc, and J types come to conclusions and judgements quicker.

· Registered
INTP
8,900 Posts
Do you ever feel like your thinking needs some kind of constraint or guided focus from the “outside”? If your thoughts start to go all over the place. Or it doesn’t happen with Ti dominants? Could be just my Ni needs regularization.
Yes, but not all the time. My mind likes to roam free. But when it comes to actually doing something, an outside focus or constraint is useful.

For example, I can be very creative. I enjoyed designing marketing materials for my business. And I used to make piñatas to sell. But I don't do crafts or design for no reason.

I can be very energetic, as the situation requires. For example, I recently spent 3 hours helping a neighbor move, because he needed help. Meanwhile, I'm semi-crippled and would usually avoid such activity.

And I happily drove across the country and back, for a reason (looking for a place to live). Not something I'd do just for the love of driving.

· Registered
8,620 Posts
So, there's this INTP who I'm quite interested in. I've been flirting with him and told him that I was 😆 he said he doesn't mind. 🤔🤔🤔

I don't want to get too... Clingy though.

Just wondering, what should I not do. I don't want to scare him away he's so cute and funny.

Oh one thing, he's really knowledgeable and intelligent though. I'm worried I might not be intellectual enough. I am to an extent, but not in an INTP way, I suppose.

Also he is older so more life experience too.

I think about him a lot. I'm so happy when I talk to him. And so sad when I'm not.... 😅😅 Of course he needs space though! I'm not texting 24/7. We usually chat for an hour or 2.

I think I might leave him alone today.

It might be a bit more difficult communicating perhaps because he is in another country, so the time zones are whaaaack.

PS I don't think we know each other too well yet, so I probably haven't had enough deeper discussions with him.

· Registered
8,620 Posts
Also, what do you think of INFPs? Granted that everyone of each "type" is still an individual. I know INFPs can be irritating if immature or just not fully developed ... Or too much Fi etc. I get we're not for everyone.

But if you've gotten along with any, how did it go?

Do you have an INFP friend, or have you had an INFP partner? Are you... Married to one? Have an INFP relative?

I feel that, ultimately, types end up with types very similar, like ENFP & INFP, or two Ni doms like INFJ and INTJ. Because, one may be too "touchy feely", the other, "not touchy feely".

😊

· Registered
71 Posts
So, there's this INTP who I'm quite interested in. I've been flirting with him and told him that I was 😆 he said he doesn't mind. 🤔🤔🤔

Just wondering, what should I not do. I don't want to scare him away he's so cute and funny.

Oh one thing, he's really knowledgeable and intelligent though. I'm worried I might not be intellectual enough. I am to an extent, but not in an INTP way, I suppose.

I think about him a lot. I'm so happy when I talk to him. And so sad when I'm not.... 😅😅 Of course he needs space though! I'm not texting 24/7. We usually chat for an hour or 2.

It might be a bit more difficult communicating perhaps because he is in another country, so the time zones are whaaaack.

PS I don't think we know each other too well yet, so I probably haven't had enough deeper discussions with him.
-Bluntly, clearly, communicate your thoughts/needs/concerns. E.g. “I’m worried I might annoy you with my clinginess, what do you think?” Challenge him on things you don’t get about him. It will help him to know where you’re at, and vice versa.

-Do not assume he knows what you’re thinking and that he can read between the lines concerning your behaviour and intentions. Do not assume you know what he’s thinking. Almost everything tends to be just theory for us. You could be gyrating nakedly in front of him and the INTP will be like “there is no evidence to support the claim that Erin Jaegerbomb is seriously interested in me.”

-Don’t worry about not being intellectual enough. He likes the fun/whimsical/chatty energy you bring, we need that. We also appreciate that you notice and appreciate our intelligence. As long as you’re not completely dense, this dynamic should be fun for him.

I’ve known some INFPs, there tends to be a comfortable but strictly platonic vibe between us, compared to the vibe I have with INFJs which tends to be more close and intense. I’m no expert on MBTI though so I’m not sure what the reason for this is. Maybe it’s the Fi that makes them feel somewhat impenetrable to me? 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Also, what do you think of INFPs? Granted that everyone of each "type" is still an individual. I know INFPs can be irritating if immature or just not fully developed ... Or too much Fi etc. I get we're not for everyone.

Do you have an INFP friend, or have you had an INFP partner? Are you... Married to one? Have an INFP relative?

I feel that, ultimately, types end up with types very similar, like ENFP & INFP, or two Ni doms like INFJ and INTJ. Because, one may be too "touchy feely", the other, "not touchy feely".

😊
I think my aunt is an INFP. I'm the only person in the family that she gets along with. Maybe because my family is very Te heavy and mostly S, and she's not that competent except for her academic specializations. So, she gets picked on a lot for being lazy or useless. Luckily, I have Ti, so my family doesn't call me useless, just lazy. She and I are the only academically inclined members of the family.

It's interesting that we perceive the world in similar ways. We share a lot of the same interests, like languages, philosophy, etc. that the rest of the family find boring.

· Registered
INTP, Enneagram 5, Choleric
44 Posts

😊
Personally I get along great with INFPs. In fact, for some strange reason, I find myself having more INFP friends than any other type. My brother is an INFP, and we get along great. We have a lot of similar interests, and we enjoy talking to each other, discussing our projects, thinking of random stuff, or chatting about things we like. We perceive the world in a very similar way, and talk about things that no one else in our family would really be interested in. He's the only member of my family aside from me who is interested in MBTI, for example! He's also a great mediator whenever tensions rise between me and my ESTJ sister.

Aside from him I have a few other INFP friends, and I tend to get along with them pretty well too. INFPs are great, and I can relate to them pretty well. The Ti vs Fi difference can definitely be felt, but in my experience it hasn't caused any serious issues. I've also learned to take things easy and not be too blunt and harsh with the way I express myself, and that's really helped me a lot. I think INTPs and INFPs can be great friends that can understand each other pretty well. There's going to be differences and disagreements in any relationship, but I do think an INTP and an INFP can get along quite well, and have quite a bit in common.

· Registered
INTP
8,900 Posts
@Eren Jaegerbomb INFPs might be my favorite people. They like me, and I can talk to them about anything. However, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around them, like anything could make them mad.

@meineleiter17 Spontaneous? Yes, when I was younger. It wasn't always wise though, and I've managed to stifle it somewhat.

· Registered
6 Posts
If the money is the root of all evil, why do they ask for it in church?
Non sequitur. Let's review. Where did evil begin? In the fall of Lucifer and his angels. They fell from Heaven above. How much money was in use in Heaven at the time? Zero. Love of money is not the root of all evil. On earth, how much money was in circulation during the original creation and fall of humanity? Zero.

The person who claimed to write "scripture" saying that the love of money is the root of all evil was lying to you. The Holy Spirit did not inspire that fallacious statement. It's a lie. Who is the liar? The devil is the liar from the beginning. John 8.

So now that we have established that the devil lied in false scripture that ought not have been canonized in the first place, what is the real root of all evil? Lust for power through pride to rule over others in desire to be like God exalted over one's peers in violation of the First Commandment of the Old Covenant; and in violation of the Lord's New Covenant Commandment to love one another (as equal peers) as He has loved us (as friends in His Divine Philia Love). [Isaiah 14; Exodus 20; John 15].

If you want to find a pack of lies ~ read the Constantinian Ancient Roman Bible canonized 382 AD by Pope Damascus and Constantine's successor Caesar.

Caesar crucified the Lord.

Most of the NT was forged by Greco Roman philosophers. The Gospel of John is where to park for Truth. An INTP can refute the made up lies all day long.

Why was the lie set forth that love of money is the root of all evil? Because the Caesar of Revelation 13 and the forged books wants everyone to surrender all cash to him, buy and sell only as authorized by the beast of Revelation 13 ~ and take his mark as his slave: 666.

He says money is so evil ~ that only those who love money do not want to be made his worldwide communist slaves. He doesn't fool an INTP skeptical of canonization who tests all statements for lies.

· Registered
5 Posts

He will come out of his hole to socialize when he’s ready. If he likes you, just be patient for now.

14101 - 14116 of 14116 Posts