Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His nickname is Crazy. He's 20, foolish beyond reason, impulsive beyond reason. Has been invloved in impulsive crime like spray painting or breaking into a car, and spent time in jail.

"Always doing stupid shit," is how a friend describes him. Tall and athletic, but not involved in sports. Hates schedules, loves to party; drinks heavily, smokes, is very verbal, "shouts, "I love you!" to his male friends just for laughs.

Has no goals that I'm aware of. Has an alcoholic parent. Likes camping for the partying and running around in the woods. Likes water, swimming, boating etc.

Never keeps his word to be someplace, is always late. Didn't finish highschool, and ran away a couple times to live with friends becasue it was more fun. I don't know him well, he's a friend of our family and I'm curious if he might be an ESTP.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
His nickname is Crazy. He's 20, foolish beyond reason, impulsive beyond reason. Has been invloved in impulsive crime like spray painting or breaking into a car, and spent time in jail.

"Always doing stupid shit," is how a friend describes him. Tall and athletic, but not involved in sports. Hates schedules, loves to party; drinks heavily, smokes, is very verbal, "shouts, "I love you!" to his male friends just for laughs.

Has no goals that I'm aware of. Has an alcoholic parent. Likes camping for the partying and running around in the woods. Likes water, swimming, boating etc.

Never keeps his word to be someplace, is always late. Didn't finish highschool, and ran away a couple times to live with friends becasue it was more fun. I don't know him well, he's a friend of our family and I'm curious if he might be an ESTP.
Well he could be but he is pretty damaged.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, TreeBob, I agree with you. I hope others will confirm this.

I don't have enough involvement with him to get him help, but I have tried to encourage him whenever I do see him, which is maybe a couple times a year. He's irresponsible. Any idea what can help him? What kind of 'help' might make sense to an ESTP?

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Yes, TreeBob, I agree with you. I hope others will confirm this.

I don't have enough involvement with him to get him help, but I have tried to encourage him whenever I do see him, which is maybe a couple times a year. He's irresponsible. Any idea what can help him? What kind of 'help' might make sense to an ESTP?
He really needs to learn morals more than anything. He seems to be missing the filter. Obviously consequence doesn't matter to him since he went to jail already.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Lilsnowy I will have to go back to the same response given about the 14 year. Again you seem to be focusing on his bad behaviors and equating them with a certain type. It's unfair for intuiting types to naturally assume someone with poor behavior must be some sort of sensing type and sensing types to assume bad behavior equates to intuiting.

Although this child is a bit older, it's still possible that his dominant function has yet to develop since it appears that his environment forces him to pretty much stay in self-preservation mode. What did you really say about him that precludes him from being any other type, including acting out the shadow of another type?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for responding guys.

No, again, it's not the negative qualities I'm looking at to determine type; I'm telling you all I know because I want to give you a fuller picture. And I agree with you about dominant function and getting a little bit older. The heavy drinking at a young age may affect that also. He's a daredevil kind of personality. That's often associated with ESTPs but not always.

The negative behaviors of crime, heavy drinking and all, are obscuring his type. I'm trying to see how to get through if he is an unhealthy ESTP --or any thing else-- if someone can help me figure this out. He's extremely extroverted and fun, but he seems lost. I wouldn't associate being lost in the sense of having no direction whatsoever, with an ESTP. Trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The things that you describe sound very "in the moment" to me, so I think he could very well be an ESTP. He's just a rather immature one that has a lot of stuff to learn. I mean - no goals... at all, never keeps his word, is always late, and involved in multiple crimes on top of it?? Gee wiz.

Find him an ESFJ to whip him right into shape, but I'm visualizing a potentially brutal experience.:wink:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, he's actually working now, but I' m not sure if he is reliable. I hope he does grow up. He has lacked good male role models, but I think he is an in the moment kind of guy. The crimes were two years ago and I don't know if he is still involved with any of that. One of his friends went to prison and I think that woke him up a little.
Thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts