Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to stir up some opinions and controversial debate on this. This article I found on askmen.com:
http://ca.askmen.com/top_10/dating_top_ten_60/86_dating_list.html
Top 10: Signs She's A Bitch - Readers Comments - Page 2 - AskMen.com[/url]
I agree with everything EXCEPT:
NUMBER 8
She's cold-hearted
A bitch is typically amoral, adhering minimally to the ethical codes of society while transgressing those that are inconvenient to her. She dismisses civility for her own gains. She's manipulative and scheming, always looking for underhanded ways of taking advantage of people or even hurtim. And as proof that she lacks a woman's gentle soul, she never cries or shows soft emotion.

Like honestly, what the hell? Granted, askmen.com is a pretty idiotic website, imo at least, but WOW..this is a new low. So just because a woman doesn't cry, has her own standard of "morals" or whatever, and never shows soft emotion, she's now a ..bitch? Do they expect women to be..whiny, touchy-feely, crybabies?
It seems like this is a direct attack at Fi and XXTJ women. Obviously someone who tries to hurt people on purpose is a bitch, fine, but the rest? HUH?
What do you guys think?
The annoying thing is that people actually READ this stuff AND follow its advice.
Heh, society hates me ^_^.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Yes, it's true.

lol, sorry.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even #8? maybe not all of us put our feelings out there but that doesn't mean we don't have any. and just because you're Fe tertiary doesn't mean Fe standards are what someone "should be."
also, explain WHY it is true, please.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehehehe, he Fe_els it's true :D

[am I right or am I right :>?]
LOL. wait to pick on Fi, entrepreneur. and "i feel" is not good enough. you need to explain why. and "because askmen says so" doesn't count.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Look, how many times must I say it.
ENTJ is an Alpha Male personality correlation.

Your behaviour comes across as manly.

Count your blessings, you could be a male infp :(

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look, how many times must I say it.
ENTJ is an Alpha Male personality correlation.

Your behaviour comes across as manly.

Count your blessings, you could be a male infp :(
Whose standards are these, society's or your own?
Screw societal gender roles. It's not like every person is supposed to fit some model or something. People are people with different personalities.
"manly" and "womanly" is just a social construct.
i wouldnt care if i was a male INFP.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Whose standards are these, society's or your own?
Screw societal gender roles. It's not like every person is supposed to fit some model or something. People are people with different personalities.
"manly" and "womanly" is just a social construct.
i wouldnt care if i was a male INFP.
So, um a popular magazine points out what society generally thinks and your reaction is.... screw society?

Let me know how that works out for you.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Just to be clear.

Bitch = Woman who acts like a man.

That's it.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
So, um a popular magazine points out what society generally thinks and your reaction is.... screw society?

That just made my day.
I wish there were sarcastic thanks.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I'm just the messenger baby.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes, indeed that is my reaction. Society GENERALLY thinks this? ...
One author does not represent the views of society. And if it does, well then i stand corrected.
Women who "act like men" aren't necessarily bitches, they just have a different style. Take a look at Hillary Clinton for example. Same as the fact that men who "act like women" aren't "pussies." [stupid slang terms]
I guess society discourages individualism then.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
One author does not represent the views of society. And if it does, well then i stand corrected.
Women who "act like men" aren't necessarily bitches, they just have a different style. Take a look at Hillary Clinton for example. Same as the fact that men who "act like women" aren't "pussies." [stupid slang terms]
Um... Hillary is considered a huuuuge beyotch.
Let's be serious here.

Um. Yeah.

Reactions: Zinette

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fine, the media may consider a "bitch" more openly aggressive. But to suggest that a "cold-hearted" woman is not worth dating[please, have you ever heard of the fact that "still waters run deep"?] is..misguided, to say the least. A 'typical female' could be MORE bitchy than an ENTJ one, and that is something that this article overlooks. Except due to the fact that they are more visibly "soft and gentle", it is overlooked.
There is no rule that you are 'supposed' to be something. Everyone has their own individual quirks. This author is overlooking a lot of stuff.
Yes, fine, I am a bit of a bitch. Kind of loud, opinionated, and stubborn. And I have been accused of 'having no feelings' because my feelings are my business, and my face does not change with every little feeling. I also dislike chick flicks and harlequins, as well as fake affection. And I'm not quite soft hearted, I think with my brain, not my guts.
But to group this category as something of a "mental illness" or a sign that men should be careful of is a huge mistake. Still waters run deep.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Beta males are actually quite attracted to the entj-female - and there are A LOT of beta males out there.

It's the inverse of beta-girls enjoying the company of a dominant male.

I've witnessed males whom will chase the female much more readily when she is perceived as a 'bitch' - but ONLY after he is tempted and seduced by the female.

---
Personally, I enjoy the company of a dominant female, but only if she is intelligent dominant (entj are a given).
Some dominant females are underdeveloped, and instead are more overbearing, perhaps due to lack of the NT function?

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Honestly, if someone is stupid enough the believe a frikkin Askmen article, would you want them anyway? I find being NT weeds out a lot of the assholes. (just not the clingy, desperate codependents who want someone to rescue them, sadly.) So it's promoting a negative bs judgement - would intelligent people really fall for that? Or treat Askmen as a credible source?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beta males are actually quite attracted to the entj-female - and there are A LOT of beta males out there.

It's the inverse of beta-girls enjoying the company of a dominant male.

I've witnessed males whom will chase the female much more readily when she is perceived as a 'bitch' - but ONLY after he is tempted and seduced by the female.

---
Personally, I enjoy the company of a dominant female, but only if she is intelligent dominant (entj are a given).
Some dominant females are underdeveloped, and instead are more overbearing, perhaps due to lack of the NT function?
The author in this article says that not being Fe and "wussy" for everything is a *red flag* and compares it to other far worse signs. Sorry to put it in such terms, but that is what he is writing. And a lot of men read this.
You are correct in the sense that there are males attracted to the ENTJ female. But if they read stuff like this, and look out for it, they might think ENTJ women are cruel, heartless[and not just as a joke], or somethingoranother. This should not even be on the list.
To anyone who does think that females who aren't exactly "heart on their sleeve" types must NOT be dated, or must be "fixed", please explain why. To fit into a social construct is not good enough.

Reactions: Aßbiscuits

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.