Personality Cafe banner

ASD 4 U?

• Professionally Diagnosed with ASD

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Suspected ASD by informed individuals (informally diagnosed)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Suspected ASD based on personal research (self-diagnosed)

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Completely uncertain

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 5 31.3%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

The typical description of the INTJ personality type you find from many different places happens to include traits that happen to be common in individuals with ASD.

Earlier this year, I've been diagnosed with it, and another confirmed INTJ friend of mine also happens to have it.

So I wanted to ask, is ASD common with INTJs? Any INTJs here who either have ASD or suspect they may have it?

Keep in mind that Autism is a spectrum so you don't have to be a mute handflapper to count, but I'm sure y'all know that. Just throwing that in.

Are you:

Professionally diagnosed with ASD?
Suspected ASD by informed individuals? (informally diagnosed)
Suspected ASD as a result of personal research? (self-diagnosed)
Uncertain either way
Definitely not ASD

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting things in there, thanks. I'll sit down and dig deeper into some of them later.

I'll admit that I have actually seen a couple of those threads, but I was more curious about a straight-up show of hands rather than the discussion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have friends who are ASD, we get along pretty well, I can almost relate to everything he explains and understand it pretty well, their quite eccentric. its just the social norms which can be challenging to them and will act spontaneously.

I wont mind it since I`m easy going type of guy and perhaps INTJs have some degree in autistic thinking but I`m completely aware of the social conduct which makes things relationship a bit organized but still I think its stupid because its like hidden book that you suppose to know it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts