Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
713 Posts
I can relate to this, although I've had more trouble with my confidence coming off as arrogance. Most of my life I just slip beneath the surface, am pretty low key compared to most people. In a way I feel incompetent compared to others in a lot of ways.

So when I finally do achieve some kind of success, praise, I like to embrace it because it feels like a real achievement. It seems inauthentic to me to pretend I'm not happy that I've achieved something worthwhile. Yet, people sometimes seem to think I'm acting arrogant, like I'm too eager to accept this success. Maybe I'm just too impractical, and should learn how to project false humility at those moments. o_O

· Banned
713 Posts
I wasn't thinking about that when I opened this topic (but your comment is quite pertinent), but you made me think about another thing: sometimes people blame me for being airy about speaking freely about some qualities I've got that I take for granted.
@notmonday: it's like nobody expects from us any kind of assertiveness :p
It is strange, being a nine I often feel a bit like a nobody in the big scheme of things. So, it is strange when people treat me like I'm exhibiting qualities of arrogance, self-entitlement. It surprises me greatly as I honestly don't think I'm very special, and I don't think I act like I do. Perhaps I lack awareness of how I present myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.