Personality Cafe banner

Which type(s) do you most commonly associate the word 'asshole' to? pick 1-3

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Myers Briggs Types do you commonly associate the word 'asshole' with?
Obviously, not every person of that type is going to be an asshole but I find that some personality types are more perceived as one than others.
I also think that most of the time, the people who are assholes of a certain type are misusing their dominant cognitive functions to a point of extremity.
This thread is not to reinforce stereotypes but rather reflect on experiences and what makes you perceive certain types are this way.
Personally, I typically find some ESTJs, INTJs, and ENTJs to be this way.
I usually get extremely selfish ("I'm the best and you're incorrect") vibes from them and stubbornness.
Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If you aren't an INTJ, you don't know what is truly like to be an asshole... (from what I've heard)

Reactions: MylesPrower

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ESTP and ESTJ.

My Dad was an ESTP (actual test result), and so were some of the bullies I dealt with who acted just like him.

I feel like ESTJs can act like bullies sometimes, and that their shortsightedness and obsession with the bottom line often costs me opportunity in society.

SFs and ISTx are types I get along with better. And to be fair, I probably have issues with ESTs because my thought process is so radically different.

Even so, some of them definitely aren't assholes. And I have met even INFJs that make me ashamed to share a type with them.

·
Banned
1,273 Posts
I'm surprised so many people picked ESTP, they're usually just doing it for laughs or because they're bored, but ESTJ's just get a thrill out of the power they have over others... i have yet to met a nice one, while i've met many nice ESTP's, female ESTP's aren't nearly as horrid, ESTJ's seem like meanies despite gender...

·
Banned
1,273 Posts
If you aren't an INTJ, you don't know what is truly like to be an asshole... (from what I've heard)
I've butt heads with INTJ's but it's only on the internet, i suspect they might be a bit more pleasant in real life (or seem to be).

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
female ESTP's aren't nearly as horrid, ESTJ's seem like meanies despite gender...
Incidentally, the only confirmed ESTP whose company I enjoyed was female. Most of the ESTPs I was talking about above were men trying to show off their strength and toughness.

I don't know enough female ESTPs to be sure if there's a difference, but it's possible. Se is all about following instincts/impulses, so maybe the female ones just have impulses that are less about dominance/intimidation.

Reactions: googoodoll

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I think it depends on what you mean by asshole. For example:

ESTJs are your typical, cut you off in traffic and then flip you off way.
ESFJs tend to tell you what to do because it's what "God" wants you to do.
ESTPs might be a douche as a joke that got taken the wrong way.
ENTPs will be arrogant and make jokes at your expense.
INTJs and INTPs will be arrogant and never say they're wrong.
ENFJs can be emotionally manipulative.

ISFJs and ISFPs: I've never had one of them purposefully be an asshole to me.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
How can anybody seriously have a discussion or a debate about this?

IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON, NOT THE FUCKING TYPE
We're generalizing, looking for patterns. We're not focusing on individuality right now.

I don't see any moral problem with that, everyone else is okay with it. Why is it upsetting you so much that you have to use Caps Lock?

I mean, if you're uncomfortable with it... no one said you had to participate. No need to shut us down. :/

·
Registered
873 Posts
We're generalizing, looking for patterns. We're not focusing on individuality right now.

I don't see any moral problem with that, everyone else is okay with it. Why is it upsetting you so much that you have to use Caps Lock?

I mean, if you're uncomfortable with it... no one said you had to participate. No need to shut us down. :/
Patterns on which type is the most asshole-ish?

And what if you do come to a conclusion, for example, INTJ/ENTJ/ESTJ/ESTP/whatever is the most asshole-ish/arrogant/annoying-prickish? This does not lead to any insights or new information, other than that one lucky type out of 16 gets a new cool stereotype sticked to their reputation.

I repeat again, no single type can be the "Most [adjective] something". This depends on people themselves, not types. You can't even generalize such a vague label as "being asshole" in any objective way that would honour the Jung.

If anything, much more productive could be perhaps "How is the unhealthy behaviour manifested in 16 types?", because that gives takes asshole-factor into consideration without creating new stereotypes or unreasonable we-will-launch-internet-hate-machine-on-type-that-is-least-represented-on-this-forum-because-they-can't-defend-themselves-against-labels-or-stereotypes-we-post-about-them.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

And what if you do come to a conclusion, for example, INTJ/ENTJ/ESTJ/ESTP/whatever is the most asshole-ish/arrogant/annoying-prickish? This does not lead to any insights or new information, other than that one lucky type out of 16 gets a new cool stereotype sticked to their reputation.

I repeat again, no single type can be the "Most [adjective] something". This depends on people themselves, not types. You can't even generalize such a vague label as "being asshole" in any objective way that would honour the Jung.

If anything, much more productive could be perhaps "How is the unhealthy behaviour manifested in 16 types?", because that gives takes asshole-factor into consideration without creating new stereotypes or unreasonable we-will-launch-internet-hate-machine-on-type-that-is-least-represented-on-this-forum-because-they-can't-defend-themselves-against-labels-or-stereotypes-we-post-about-them.
Why don't you create that thread then and discuss it?

No need to get so upset. The whole point of this entire damn website is to discuss generalizations and patterns within types.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

I hadn't looked at it that way before. You're right, that probably would be a better thread. I have to admit that "asshole" is ambiguous enough to be fairly useless as a label. I also wasn't really taking this thread very seriously, to be honest.

With the ESTs in question, I was describing physical intimidation. Shoving people, threatening them, boasting of physical prowess, calling others weaklings, etc. That might not be how everyone defines it.

Reactions: KraChZiMan

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
In my life, there are people I don't like, but I can find someone of the same type that I do like.

That being said, the people I absolutely cannot stand tend to be xSTx. Also, some INTJs. The more I think about it, I don't think you can equate MBTI with "asshole"ness. I think "being an asshole" is probably better associated with Enneagram type.

I do find Te is usually the "asshole" function. If I recognize someone as an "asshole," I usually would assume Te is somewhere in their stacking.

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,685 Posts
How can anybody seriously have a discussion or a debate about this?

IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON, NOT THE FUCKING TYPE
Thay are just projecting their shadow onto stuff they've seen.
You can't expect anything else than stereotypes and projections in the MBTI subforum.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Well I for one am glad I'm winning the asshole contest.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts