Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, one quick question.

How likely are you to absorb other people's mannerisms, phrases and the way they talk?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't think ESFJs like to answer these kind of philosophical questions...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Ok, one quick question.

How likely are you to absorb other people's mannerisms, phrases and the way they talk?
Because I like to keep the harmony and peace in all relationships... Very likely. It's actually what caused a lot of my troubles in finding my personality. I had adjusted for so long that I wasn't sure what the real me was.

It's not that we don't like to answer these questions.... We're just not around the forums all that often. :wink:

I actually really dig talking about philosophy....Face to face with people since I don't always check forums on a regular basis. :laughing:

·
Registered
416 Posts
azrinsani said:
It's not that we don't like to answer these questions.... We're just not around the forums all that often. :wink:
I just want to say Azrinsani just got served. :crazy:

Sorry, can't help it. No offense intended to azrinsani though.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My ESFJ mother was lousy at it. She always had the same sweet, gregarious mother hen persona anywhere and spoke the same way to everyone (telling everyone her life story, rambling etc) - hence, people find her endearing but annoying at the same time.

She was stubborn though and always thought SHE was acting the proper way, and that everyone else was just stand-offish, rude or curt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, one quick question.

Oh, I do absorb them too often, sometimes to my own dislike. Fortunately, I'm able to control it after I realize I've just done it. On other occasions, mostly if I consider them cute or smart, I let them be, hoping they'll add to my personal charm :laughing:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I do this all the time, I have to make a concious effort to maintain my own accent so I don't offend people but accidentally copying theirs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I pick up mannerisms really easy (and it's all unconscious until one point when I realise I've been doing it), but I would not know about accent. I'm pretty sure that just doesn't change

1 - 10 of 10 Posts