Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you prefer to go to the classroom and listen to the professor's lectures or get a general feel of the class and learn everything basically by yourself at your own pace? Yeah, you can do both, but which do you prefer/.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I actually dislike lectures. It's hard for me to gather all the information needed, depending on the teacher/professor. Then again, I don't like studying it either on my own. If I do study the material on my own I'll definitely learn way more.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Lectures. It brings the topic alive and you can have discussions and ask questions while you're at it. As long as it's an active and engaging class, I'd definitely pick that over sitting at home studying on my own.

·
Banned
314 Posts
I love lectures. It gets me inspired. I get too bored learning on my own and I'll loose enthusiasm and interest. Someone else talking about it and getting me involved is much more helpful.

It's a sensory expeirence after all?

·
Registered
597 Posts
my own pace. quite frankly you can talk to me for hours, none of it will sink in.
I like to learn with others, but I definitelly relate to "you can talk to me for hours, none of it will sink in".
I need more interactive style, not learning by hearing. I need pictures, staying in the lab, doing exercises and figure out lots of things on my own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts