Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a rare that we get to be the broken hearted (generally speaking), ussually(from personal experience and knowledge) we get to be the ones that break others hearts,

ex: an INFP friend (girl) liked me, very much, she even confessed that she loves me
i flew the scene and avoided facing her by any means possible,(not that i didnt liked her, she was cute,and kind, but because she sayd the "L" word)
FWI:this happened a year ago

But i went trough some ,,rough,, times myself when it comes to people i really liked, people that i really wanted to engage in a serious relationship with.......but failed

SOoooo, i got passed those times using the "avoiding her by all means, cut off all means of speaking to her, and dating many others so i would not think about her" method

SO......

WHAT METHOD Did you guys used?
FROM THIS: DAMN YOU INTERNET....jpg TO THIS: conference...with style.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she made me believe that i "loved her with all my heart" she pretended to "share the same feelings" in the end she just brought it in my face, saying it was a "joke" and that "i should not get upset, we are friends afterall"

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oh thanks for bumping this thread ^ @Maria Morales

I tried that "I HAVE TO AVOID THAT PERSON AT ALL COST!" But i was avoiding the things and activities I liked doing. So that wasn't good for me.

To get over someone, I engaged myself in my hobbies/work/whatever.. and while I did that, i was curious onto why I was feeling this way and why this is making me feel something. I later acknowledged that 'ok we had a relationship together and we had fun! but this is what it is now.' Accept what happened and adjust to it.'

·
Registered
753 Posts
you know, the only way i can get over someone is through completely cutting them off. after a bit of time, it gets back to normal and i just think of all the other fish that are way cuter. and there is always someone cuter. easy peasy. cut off all feelings.

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Registered
114 Posts
she made me believe that i "loved her with all my heart" she pretended to "share the same feelings" in the end she just brought it in my face, saying it was a "joke" and that "i should not get upset, we are friends afterall"
That's horrible. A friend should know not to toy with someone's emotions.

I have been in love once before and unfortunatley I'm currently in love with someone that doesn't have a clue how i feel. Due to the circumstances i can never act on this or tell him :(

The best advice i can give you is keep yourself busy. Go out meet lots of new friends and maybe start a new hobbie. Plan a long holiday somewhere exciting! I find distance from the person helps. Get rid of anything sentimental.

In my experience the real thing is tough to recover from and it can take a long time.

On the plus side you have at least experience love not many people come across it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know it's just so tough to get over such things. That longing feeling would linger around for sometime, and whenever I try to suppress it, it would pull me back. I would usually just immerse myself in something interesting and not care about it. Soon, I would just get over it and finally feel new and refreshed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts