Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't moved out yet

Votes: 30 46.9%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious whether there is a trend with INTPs in this area. I find it difficult to live with my parents as I require a great amount of solitude, and they always want me to be around to do things and talk with them. I moved out at 20, and have been living on my own(or with roommates) ever since.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I would like to, but dont really have a choice since I am studying and commuting to uni everyday... Surviving ESFJ stepmother´s bullshit is sometimes tough, but well...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had to leave at 16 as the tensions between me and my dad were just unbearable. However, I moved to my grandmother's house and I still have no monetary obligations; I don't plan to leave anytime soon, at least not until I can get a solid money backup first. As my GM is getting old (82), I know I won't be able to stay here for a long time either, so I guess I could aim at 23~24 years old (I'm 19 atm).

Reactions: that

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have not yet moved out, but I plan to do so when I am 20, as the first two years of university I will attend near my hometown. After that, I'm off to the other university four or so hours away- or at least I hope to be.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I voted 19, I'll probably move out next month.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I tried in 2003-2004... where I moved out to was too close for comfort as mom would be calling each night asking what I had for dinner and blah blah... being worrisome and all... that and my roommates annoyed the shit out of me, but the lease was under my name so i couldn't drop them like a sack of hot potatoes.

I moved back home since. Once I zero out debt and loans, first priority will be to seek a house; be it for rent or for purchase.

The older they get, the more crazier their delusions become and it continually irks the crap out of my patience and tolerance levels.

It's an asian thing... to not have moved out before marriage. Though that doesn't make it any better at the fact that I'm still at home under the parents roof... gee... thanks for the reminder... (-_-;)

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
15 I moved into my Grandparents because I didn't want to do another move. Plus they own a pub and they paid me to help out in the pub (wasn't old enough to legally sell alcohol but clearing glasses and washing up etc... I moved out at 18.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I moved out at 18, moved back in at 21 because I currently hit a slump; things are looking up now and I plan on moving out once I have my financial means covered; which is a ways to go. I do part time catering and a private chef while I work at a coffee shop. It's hard finding a job these days, even when you are over-qualified. I agree with alot of people here, I need my solitude, but my family doesn't seem to respect that :L

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Why did I think that the highest result would be " haven't moved yet"? And I was rewarded with the correct answer. I lawled.

Silly children INTPs, this poll isn't asking for your input.

​Now to read back through the thread to see how many adults answered this question.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Why did I think that the highest result would be " haven't moved yet"? And I was rewarded with the correct answer. I lawled.

Silly children INTPs, this poll isn't asking for your input.

​Now to read back through the thread to see how many adults answered this question.
If I moved out how would my laundry get done or my room magically cleaned when I do leave the house?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I haven't done it permanently. Only temporarily for the summer when I have a job. Other than that I go to college while at my mom's house.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.