Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we are at our lowest I believe that we use our functions in a manner that is not natural to us, whether that be using our first and third and neglecting our second, using our forth in a negative way, or using our shadow functions. Lately, I have been really depressed, and have been stuck in Ni. It is my sixth function as an INFP, and although it is the critical parent (therefore important for all of the other cognitive functions), using one's sixth function and neglecting the second can be unhealthy. I feel like I'm seeing too much (but it's probably a false perception) and it is causing me to feel really jaded about the world and myself. Explain your experiences of loops, the grip, or using your shadow functions, and how you think it manifests for you.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
When I'm at my lowest, i feel hopeless. Like i don't want to work. I don't want to go out. I don't want to associate with other people. I tend to isolate myself from the world

I don't know how would you translate that into psychology but that's how my depressive state

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,557 Posts
I went back to look at Turi's typing questionnaire thread (the diagram section-http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/1173698-new-cognitive-functions-questionnaire.html) to see if I can pinpoint how I act when I am at my lowest, and actually I didn't find myself relating to the INFP shadow functions as much as to the shadow usage of the INFP regular functions.

Somehow, I use Fi in 5th position, Ne and Te in 8th position, and Si in 6th position when I am at my lowest. From 5-8 position are considered "shadow function" territory.

I can relate to the usage of the above functions in their shadow positioning more than the INFP's actual listed shadow functions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts