Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENTP's: how are you at athletics? How do Ne and Se differ when interacting with the environment?

what separates ENTP athletic ability from ESTP athletic ability?

personalitypage says ENTP's are the MOST AWARE OF THEIR ENVIRONMENT. So being an ESTP, my ego is bruised and I demand (respectfully) answers!

thank you.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I`m sorta xxTP. My S & N functions vary over time & situation. I attend a karate class and I`m very in touch with environement there.In other words, my Se is very active. But when I`m alone I`m imaginative & attracted to intellectual pursuits. I usually feel the need of well balanced S & N. When one of them is overrated I miss the other, so I should take part in different activities that nurture both of them.

About the difference of ENTP & ESTP in atlethic abilities I think the INTP imagines the big picture & tends to firstly collect all information about how to do things (here sport)., while ESTP is more likely to go step by step, concentrate on what should be done on this moment & keep it up untill he is trained.
P.S: ESTPs are really good athletes. No need to worry ;-)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would definitely say that i tend to be the most aware of the abstract elements of the environment around me, but the minor details and physical elements can escape me, unless they are relevant to what I'm thinking about.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I`m sorta xxTP. My S & N functions vary over time & situation.
To a point I share this situation. My Se is unusually developed considering that it is not my primary function. I'm not sure if this is stimulated by having Sensor parents, perhaps not.

If I were to use dancing, for example:
- I take in all the steps via Ne.
- I calculate the timing with Ti
- Execute with Se

If this is not a thorough explanation, I will try to elaborate. I have been trying to understand this process as well.

As far as general awareness of my environment, unless stressed or nervous, I think I fair very well.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'd say in my experience that I find Ne users to be more proactive in sports, but have less reactive ability. I notice that I have a tendency to just be "just in the right position" a lot of the time because my Ne had already made math out of everything, and told me to stand there. I've been doing martial arts for a long time (23 years) and I actually have a very well devoloped Se as well (due to LOTS of training), and I'm VERY aware of when I'm in Ne and when I'm in Se modes when I'm doing that. There is a very distinct difference.

Side note for the OP: I bust up my ESTP best friend all the time by switching over to Ne while we're fighting.

Reactions: LadyIrime

·
Registered
283 Posts
My mom is a very active ESTP and I've noticed that she plays sports for the "fun of playing sports" while I play sports more to crush my competition. She can play solo sports (like swimming or golf) for the fun of playing and getting better while I can't because I have no motivation to do a sport well because there's no one I'm trying to beat.

When I'm playing with her I've also noticed that, like @Psyphon said, I know instictively where to go and how to move while she, as I can infer from her stories, had to practice more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts