Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Such an underrated movie, in my opinion.

Personally, I love Milo's character. I think he's quite the Ti-dom - probably INTP as opposed to ISTP, but I'm open to arguments for auxiliary Se.

Milo from Atlantis is a fantastic example of someone with dominant Introverted Thinking. Milo in the film is a cartographer and a linguist who is currently studying lost old languages - basically, he enjoys studying systems, understanding them and mapping them out in his own way. I think he's also more interested in the idea of them and not quite as interested in the practical, real world-application-y side of things... which might point us towards auxiliary Intuition, but I dunno.

In this case we see him studying the location and the lost language of Atlantis. We see him practicing giving a presentation about where he believes Atlantis could be found - a discovery he stumbled upon due to studying the language. It’s a presentation that no one pays attention to and dismisses. He’s really just a lonely scholar studying a lost civilization. Over the course of the film, he gets a chance to actually see that place with his eyes. He ends up helping a dying culture regain its written language, which he can understand.

Milo just likes what he’s studying not necessarily for its practical application, but because he can break it down into a framework (which is really what cartography and linguists is all about). Even before Milo ever laid eyes on Atlantis, this is what excited him about it. When he finally does stumble upon Atlantis itself, it was like seeing all those frameworks meet reality.

Inferior Fe: He’s clumsy when it comes to interacting with the external world. He’s also so caught up in this that he doesn’t really question the motives of all the people traveling with him until it’s blatantly obvious they’re up to no good. This is because he never really ever thought to evaluate what Atlantis was worth in any objective sense, so he didn’t have insight into the motives of others around him. While he was just glorying in all that he was learning (and internalizing), his party was in it for money. He also struggled to come up with an argument as to why Atlantis was so important and ought to be preserved. He was always focused on all of its attributes and what made it what it was.

“Oh, my decision? I think we've seen how effective my decisions have been. Let's re-cap. I lead a band of plundering vandals to the greatest archaeological find in recorded history, thus enabling the kidnap and/or murder of the royal family, not to mention personally delivering the most powerful force known to man into the hands of a mercenary nutcase who's probably gonna sell it to the Kaiser! Have I left anything out?” - Milo

Feel free to argue other types. Also if you have ideas about types for any of the other characters, please put them out there!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Instead of uploading the picture to this site, upload it somewhere else (like imgur) or use the original link (if you have it). Put the link to the picture within the tags below:

[ img ] www.picturegoeshere.com [ /img ]

@Jewl

Let me know if I didn't explain it properly. Explaining things isn't my forte.

Re:Atlantis film — I remember enjoying it a lot as a kid, but it has been so long, I am afraid I can't help with typing the characters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts