Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post this in personality test resources but thought it might be more relevant here. Attachment style is how you form relationships with others and how secure/insecure it is. The possible results are secure, fearful avoidance, dismissive avoidance, and anxious preoccupied.

Short test (no login, snapshot results): https://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/2859

Short test and Long test (need to register and more time consuming, results show graphs and more info): http://www.web-research-design.net/cgi-bin/crq/crq.pl

Mine:
Snapshot Report
Avoidance of Closeness: 68
Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who gets somewhat uneasy when a relationship becomes closer. You are also not entirely comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, nor having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.
According to your responses, your general attachment style is Fearful-avoidant.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I took the quick test and these were my results:

Snapshot Report
Avoidance of Closeness

Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is very at ease getting close to a partner. You are also comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

It's fairly accurate of when I'm already in a relationship, though I'm somewhat hesitant about pursuing beginning one.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The first one just seems to show your avoidance of closeness? Mine was 30.

I did the other one which was:
According to your responses, your general attachment style is Preoccupied. People who are preoccupied in their relationships are worried that the other person is not or will not be available when needed. They would like to depend on the other person and have that person depend on them, but feel that such dependence is not reciprocal.

Relationship DomainYour Attachment Style
GeneralPreoccupied
MotherFearful-avoidant
FatherFearful-avoidant
RomanticPreoccupied
FriendSecure

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah you're right, didn't realize that sorry. I would recommend the second longer one. If you have a low score for avoidance of closeness, I would assume you have a relatively secure attachment :) or anxious preoccupied (which means wanting to be really close)

My results for that one was;

General: fearful avoidant
Mother: secure
Father: avoidant dismissive
Romantic: fearful avoidant

·
Banned
2,345 Posts
Avoidance of Closeness

Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is very at ease getting close to a partner. You are also comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Snapshot Report
Avoidance of Closeness

Looks like the short test only shows "Avoidance of Closeness". Lower the better? Gives the impression to be biased towards conveying this message. I dislike tests appearing to show moral biases.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Avoidance of Closeness
93/100

Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is prefers not to get too close to a partner (if at all). You are also not comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Avoidance of Closeness 85/100

Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is prefers not to get too close to a partner (if at all). You are also not comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

9,999 Posts
Avoidance of closeness: 59.

Attachment-related anxiety score: 1.06 (low).
Attachment-related avoidance score: 4.28 (above average).

I'm somewhat dismissive-avoidant but working on it. I don't have any major problems trusting or being affectionate, but I do have problems expressing negative feelings and working out conflicts (as opposed to simply avoiding them). I prefer not to depend on people too much, but am willing to let my SO be an exception. Takes effort though.

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
Avoidance of Closeness 55

Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who gets somewhat uneasy when a relationship becomes closer. You are also not entirely comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, nor having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
540 Posts
Here's mine!

Avoidance of Closeness 9

Yep. My life is pretty much an open book, and I don't fear intimacy. What I fear is being alone the rest of my life. As for starting a relationship... I don't have much experience with that actually. Despite my eagerness, I've only ever had two girlfriends. I'm eager but... it's hard to find someone even remotely interested (who isn't also just pushing for sex).

Reactions: Wisteria

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Avoidance of Closeness

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Avoidance of Closeness

Literally zero :laughing:

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,599 Posts
My result was avoidance of closeness 39%

I am generally cautious/struggle with getting on the deeper level with people. And it takes a long time. But when it comes to a relationship, I value connection with a special person. And being the person who I can confide in, and a balance of meeting each other's needs.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
746 Posts
Avoidance of Closeness

Secure in all my relationships except my dad, and also take in the fact that I have no partner. Thanks for the links, I enjoyed confirming my attachment style.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I scored 4 out of 100, I have no problem getting close to people. The problems arise when I repeatedly run into people with trust issues, and most other people seem to have them, especially on the internet. I never said people have to give out their home addresses and SS numbers but holy hell, trying to get to know someone is like learning a new language, anymore.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts

Note: I was thinking about my expectations and behavior with a romantic partner while answering this test. I don't necessarily want to get close to everyone, just my spouse/girlfriend/wife/or whatever. With everyone else, it would depend on the nature of the relationship.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts