Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since apparently I enjoy quizzes a little too much, here is another one.
This one is focused on attachment styles.
As per usual, write your type down so we can make some observations.

Here is the link

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I guess to be fair, here is mine to start.
I am an INFJ 5w4

Your attachment style is 20.83% anxious, 79.17% avoidant, which places you in the dismissive quadrant.

Dismissive: Downplays the importance of relationships, telling themselves that they are strong when alone. Take pride in being self-reliant, puts up walls around themselves and are difficult to get close to.

Dismissively attached people had caregivers who came across as indifferent and who were inconsistent in their parenting style. Their caregivers made them feel stressed and insecure. From an early age, they learned that others were incapable of taking care of them and learned to steer clear of emotional intimacy as a result.
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I wish I could get closer to other people.
At least it gives me something to try and work on in the future.

Reactions: T.K

·
Registered
15,561 Posts

It sucks, I don't recommend it.

Also some questions were hard to answer since I've never had a partner, so I had to imagine what I'd be like in that situation.

Fearful: Disorganized and chaotic, they seek closeness but are also terrified of others. Frequently self-harming, they see others as potential abusers and themselves as unworthy of love.

·
Registered
ENTP, 5w4, 594, ILE.
230 Posts
ENTP, 5w4. Dismissive, but leaning towards Secure.

Your attachment style is 29.17% anxious, 60.42% avoidant, which places you in the dismissive quadrant.

Dismissive: Downplays the importance of relationships, telling themselves that they are strong when alone. Take pride in being self-reliant, puts up walls around themselves and are difficult to get close to.

Dismissively attached people had caregivers who came across as indifferent and who were inconsistent in their parenting style. Their caregivers made them feel stressed and insecure. From an early age, they learned that others were incapable of taking care of them and learned to steer clear of emotional intimacy as a result.

·
Registered
ISFJ; 9w1-6w5-3w4 sp/so
70 Posts

Your attachment style is 60.50% anxious, 63.75% avoidant, which places you in the fearful quadrant.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
722 Posts
ENFP 2w3
I don't have a partner tho, so I just imagined how I'd act in those scenarios.

Your attachment style is 45.83% anxious, 20.83% avoidant, which places you in the secure quadrant.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It sucks, I don't recommend it.

Also some questions were hard to answer since I've never had a partner, so I had to imagine what I'd be like in that situation.
Don’t worry, I never had one either.
ENFP 2w3
I don't have a partner tho, so I just imagined how I'd act in those scenarios.
View attachment 866508
Your attachment style is 45.83% anxious, 20.83% avoidant, which places you in the secure quadrant.
I never had a partner, so I definitely had to imagine mine lol

Reactions: Jaune

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not the same when it's real. @ImpossibleHunt5 @passionate .
Your answers also depend on your partner, after all.

If they're more disagreeable or short-tempered, you may be fearful of losing them.
If they're too amiable and always around, you may be secure or become dismissive, for example.
Who needs real?
I have...
I M A G I N A T I O N

Reactions: passionate

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
722 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 5w4-9w1-4w5 sp/sx, LII / INTj-Ti, RCUAI Inquisitive
16 Posts
I've taken other tests from IDRLabs before, but I missed this one back then. I thought, let's take it, right?

Then it gave me this.

What. My Ne indecisiveness knows no bounds at all.

(Though I'm single lol it was dependent on my imagination as well)

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
Enfp 9w8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Cringe Connoisseur
105 Posts

·
Registered
ISTP; 9w8/4w3/7w8 sx/so
46 Posts

Your attachment style is 43.75% anxious, 64.58% avoidant, which places you in the dismissive quadrant.

I also relate a bit to the Fearful attachment style (in fact, I'm pretty close to the central axis), except that I'm not afraid of being abused by people but rather of being abandoned and ignored by them

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 458 sx/so ILE
14 Posts

Ambivalent: Struggles with communicating their needs directly, and are highly emotionally reactive with intense highs and lows. Fear losing the people in their lives and tend to act out when upset.

Ambivalently attached people had caregivers who were distant, inactive, dismissive, irritable, and critical of their children. Their caregivers made them feel rejected. From an early age, they learned that others were unwilling to take care of them and came to fear abandonment as a result.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There's a lot of variables unaccounted for in the test though. Yes I know, it's a tautology of sorts, since ofc no one claims to delve deep with an online test but :
  • Subjective bias.
  • The results might vary depending on the style of personality of the other partner, though I don't think it's the strongest variable ?
  • The results might vary depending on your level of satisfaction in other areas of your lifes. If you're unsatisfied with your jobs and social life, you might end up investing more in your romantic relationships. You might also freeze all possibilities for a romantic relationship before you've reached a modicum of stability in other areas of your life.
Apparently everyone who lived in a normal family (not featuring caregivers with massive neuroses and personality disorders) reach his/her "secure attachment" core after a while and the introversion/extraversion dichotomy allow for surface differences. The "explanation of styles" is phrased in such a way it could easily pathologize what would be considered normal/healthy in any MBTI-related theories.

(Disclaimer : be aware that I'm a total dilettante on those subjects 😇)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts