Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any other INFPs feel a strong attachment to their childhood and their childhood memories? I guess this would basically be my Si mixing with my Fi.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Reverse of the izz-ster.

My teens are a bit of a blur to me, but I remember my childhood -> elem rather well. Lots of activities, dangers, popularity, and just general challenges.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yes, I remember it quite well, and really clearly. Everything else is just a blur!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I feel an extreme attachment to the positive memories of my childhood, because, you know, a lot of times growing up, I wasn't sure what I was living for... and those positive moments got me through. The oasis moments in a sea of desert memories, those I can never forget.

Reactions: mintyphoenix

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I can't remember much from my childhood, but when I do remember I get panic attacks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm sick of early adulthood and its responsibilities. I wish I never grew up. Those were the happiest days of my life. And it seemed like every day qualified as one.

My pair of rose-tinted glasses are chipped and smudged, but I still wear them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wish I never grew up.
So true...:sad: though my childhood's not so happy.
I can recall the childhood memories very vividly, I still remember how I felt in most of the events. But generally I felt that my environment was very mysterious, unexplainable, and a little ...scary ( the atmosphere, not the boogeyman in closet thing). I had a lot of things going around in my head but I never said it out.

I once talked to my mom about my childhood, she said she thought I was either autistic or dumb.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Whenever I look into my past, I see a long string of embarrassments. I also don't remember much about it because l was too busy living on my own planet.

But yeah, I'll always play the new Pokemon game because holy damn those were amazing and provided me with endless amounts joy.

I've also watch play throughs of Humongous Entertainment games. Because those also ate up far too much of my childhood.

Sometimes I like to think I've grown a lot as a person since my days of childhood, but then I think back to how most of it was spent on computers/reading books/playin the vidya gaims, and I realize that not much has changed. I just have to be more responsible.

Speaking of, I should go get a job now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I still refuse to let childhood go, to be honest. Every single day I seek out nostalgia. When I fail to connect with the present moment, my Si function jumps into gear and tries to relate everything around me to a childhood memory or feeling. Every point in my childhood had a certain "feeling" or "aura" about it, and when I think about those times, I can feel those memories again, and inwardly experience the senses. The strange thing is that those memories feel so much more real than the present world around me, and that is what makes it so melancholic - the vivifying memories are just out of reach in a past I can never step into again, and the moments I stand in feel faded.

I'm trying to work on accepting the past for what it is, and accepting the present and future for what is and can be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My childhood kind of sucked, I have some nice family memories though. My teens were a bit better and more memorable, and I look back on my last HS year very fondly.

But I'm not so attached to childhood as much as I'm nervous about adulthood...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still refuse to let childhood go, to be honest. Every single day I seek out nostalgia. When I fail to connect with the present moment, my Si function jumps into gear and tries to relate everything around me to a childhood memory or feeling. Every point in my childhood had a certain "feeling" or "aura" about it, and when I think about those times, I can feel those memories again, and inwardly experience the senses. The strange thing is that those memories feel so much more real than the present world around me, and that is what makes it so melancholic - the vivifying memories are just out of reach in a past I can never step into again, and the moments I stand in feel faded.

I'm trying to work on accepting the past for what it is, and accepting the present and future for what is and can be.
This is quite similar to my current experiences. I absolutely love my childhood. Amazing years. I mean, there were some bad times, but it was WAY better than how life is now. Not that life is horrible nowadays, but... childhood was just way better. I have too many issues nowadays like anxiety and that I'm a bit overweight and I still haven't graduated high school (long story)... Everything started to go downhill for me when I turned 13 (2004 - except for my grades in school. I aced that throughout junior high, which gave me good self esteem about that, but... started to gain weight, and other things made me not too happy). And the happiest year of my life was 2003 (2002 was pretty close). So I LOVE dreaming about the good ol' days pretty much everyday, especially listening to old songs from that era that I used to love back then. It stirs up lots of old memories, and as you said, gets back those feelings. Very intense, actually. I know I focus on this sort of thing too much though. I gotta let go of the past and focus on actually making my present better instead of just daydreaming about the past. I'm starting to do that... slowly but surely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts