Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to get started writing a blog and I was wondering what are some of your favorite free blog publishing sites?

TIA!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I started many blogs only to abandon all of them.

Tumblr is the easiest to maintain but I only post arts and reblog stuff so yeah, writing still takes dedication for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I personally prefer the look of Tumblr over Blogger. They're both free. Tumblr is kind of more fun though. Blogger is neat though if you are interested in analytics. Wordpress is generally accepted as the best blog space, but you have to pay for hosting.

Ta dah!

*my 2 cents*

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tumblr!

Reactions: posey

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tumblr is great. I have my own domain (greyelegance.com - haven't posted in forever - don't judge hah) & use wordpress on it.

So my suggestions-
tumblr for free subdomain (yourname.tumblr.com)
wordpress for paid domain (yourname.com)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool! thanks for the suggestions.

tumblr seems to be popular. I have a profile but don't post much there.

Tumblr is great. I have my own domain (greyelegance.com - haven't posted in forever - don't judge hah) & use wordpress on it.
Yumtoast, I like it. So that is tumblr? I think of tumblr more for pics, memes, gifs.

I need something pretty simple to get started right now. I'll look into the suggestions. :th_jtteglad:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Tumblr is so simple and easy to use. I've had several blogs over the years. In the early days I had to learn to work with code to do it. That was a pain for me. Today it is so simple.

I've thought about starting a tumblr blog myself. I've started and abandoned a couple over the last 2 years. :unsure:

A tumblr blog can look and contain anything you want to put on it. A few I've seen were almost all written. They're a bit boring to look at.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tumblr is so simple and easy to use. I've had several blogs over the years. In the early days I had to learn to work with code to do it. That was a pain for me. Today it is so simple.

I've thought about starting a tumblr blog myself. I've started and abandoned a couple over the last 2 years. :unsure:

A tumblr blog can look and contain anything you want to put on it. A few I've seen were almost all written. They're a bit boring to look at.
Thanks! I have a tumblr. I added it to my signature for now. I like posting and re-posting things (mostly pics) I like. I have used wordpress for writing before so I am more familiar with their format. It was through an Occupy group so it was already set up when I became involved. I'm thinking my blog will mainly be words with some pics thrown in, of course because I like having pics dispersed in blogs I read. I wanted to focus on some vegan things, no poo experiments or crunchy DIY stuff and whatever else I feel like adding at the moment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Tumblr and Blogger. I am on Tumblr more because of the options to post photos, writing, quotes etc. I was never one for writing journals, because I didn't want to waste the time that I could be writing stories. Fiction is more fun than real life :). I can write my thoughts quickly on Tumblr and not have to try to make long, interesting posts. I can write as short, long, or silly as I want. The addition of pictures and links makes it like a living scrapbook of my life. I like to reblog others' things, and it's not so limited as Twitter. I also post links to my stories.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry for the response delay. Yes, tumblr is also for pics, memes, gifs. BUT it is also the easiest (and probably most popular) free blogging platform. I would go for tumblr, personally, to test the waters.

If you like tumblr, then after a few months, splurge on your own domain, and use wordpress as your blogging tool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts