Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a short-ish attention span? :laughing: I've always felt embarrassed because I can't follow rules and directions... when the teacher starts talking and giving the directions out I just sigh and zone out and then ask someone what to do later, or play with something and forget it. every time. I just can't sit through directions o_o unless I reallly concentrate. also when a teacher is going over how to do something, just ugggh. this really messes me up in school! or when I do try to follow along, I have trouble remembering what they said earlier and then I kind of tense up because I have to remember so much information at the same time

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I would say I'm like that if I have to sit listening to someone talk for an hour or more. I remember one or two things. I get confused with directions sometimes. I don't know why that happens. Maybe it could be a SP thing. Probably we are kinesthetic learners. I was thinking it was ADD or ADHD.

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say I'm like that if I have to sit listening to someone talk for an hour or more. I remember one or two things. I get confused with directions sometimes. I don't know why that happens. Maybe it could be a SP thing. Probably we are kinesthetic learners. I was thinking it was ADD or ADHD.
yeah, it could be adhd! i don't know if i have it or not, i have never been diagnosed with it, but sometimes i just can't sit still. so i might have a mild case of it...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anyone else have a short-ish attention span? :laughing: I've always felt embarrassed because I can't follow rules and directions... when the teacher starts talking and giving the directions out I just sigh and zone out and then ask someone what to do later, or play with something and forget it. every time. I just can't sit through directions o_o unless I reallly concentrate. also when a teacher is going over how to do something, just ugggh. this really messes me up in school! or when I do try to follow along, I have trouble remembering what they said earlier and then I kind of tense up because I have to remember so much information at the same time
Yep!!!! My WHOLE life. Formally diagnosed with ADD, inattentive. Got sick of how much effort I needed to put in just to focus and eventually did use medication. It seems I have two modes...which is being myself and being aware of my entire environment and all its dynamics (people clearing their throat, the temperature of the air coming through the window, being aware the fact someone is looking at me while I am doing something and 10 other things all at once)....OR what I call "hyper focus" where I can only focus on the task that must be done at hand that requires some degree of comprehension.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yeah, it could be adhd! i don't know if i have it or not, i have never been diagnosed with it, but sometimes i just can't sit still. so i might have a mild case of it...
Maybe it's hyperactive or impulsive ADHD.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Yep!!!! My WHOLE life. Formally diagnosed with ADD, inattentive. Got sick of how much effort I needed to put in just to focus and eventually did use medication. It seems I have two modes...which is being myself and being aware of my entire environment and all its dynamics (people clearing their throat, the temperature of the air coming through the window, being aware the fact someone is looking at me while I am doing something and 10 other things all at once)....OR what I call "hyper focus" where I can only focus on the task that must be done at hand that requires some degree of comprehension.
So much this. The hardest thing is getting in the "hyper focus"-mode when the thing you have to focus on isn't interesting. I usually end up getting restless and start doing random shit just so that I don't have to focus on it. :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
I only read the first line and didn't get around to reading the other comments, but I also just drank some heavy tea, so I don't think I have much to say here.

Okay I'm back after having quickly read bits of maybe 3-4 different articles.

Okay I'm back again and went back to reading some comments. I often just ignore directions, but fill in with what seems the most obvious and tend to be close. Have you tired playing high level board games. I don't really have much trouble learning the rules, but understanding the explanation or the rule books are hard. I usually just pick up the rules with experiencing one turn or so much easier.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hahaha, breaking into here even though I am not an ISFP.

Just curious, is a bad attention span a perceiver thing? I've noticed both NPs and SPs tend towards bad attention spans, but never once have I seen a judger type with a bad attention span.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hmm, to me it's not that I can't concentrate - I can do that when I really need to do a task, granted there isn't too much noise. It's more like I have a tendency of jumping from one thing to another. For instance, on the computer, I might start reading something, then I get to a sentence or word which gives me an idea and makes me look it up... There's also links, lots of links... And hours after, with tons of tabs opened and some closed, I realise I went completely off course and finish up reading my remaining tabs then get back to the original one.

Rinse and repeat. :tongue: I can spend the whole day like this. I know lots of people do this with Wiki but I'm like this with any website.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts