Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so. I already filled this questionnaire, but whenever I try to reread it I cringe (do not look it up if you haven't already read it, okay. Nooo, dont). So I decided to make a NEW and IMPROVED type-me thread. Well, try to, at least.

Main Questions
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I'm not particularly driven towards anything, to be honest. I'm more about avoiding things I dislike doing. Now as I've gotten older, I'm a little sad that I haven't accomplished more, but I still have trouble staying motivated over anything unless I'm feeling particularly inspired. In short, I'm lazy as hell.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Well, I liked the thought of working with animation, so I went to school for that, but I ended up dropping out. Now I'm doubtful that I would ever be good enough to work with anything, so I guess I'll live on well-fare forever. Hmm, yes. I have a pretty defeatist attitude toward things.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I want to avoid being too much of a stupid bitch. I value creativity and thoughtfulness.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I'm kind of scared of mind-readers because I think of such ridiculous things and I would be embarrassed if anyone could see that. At the same time I have the urge to say whatever is on my mind at all times. Go figure.

Also, heights, but that's not a very interesting fear.

I've been scared of losing all inspiration, but lately I've felt so uninspired I've gotten used to it.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as not terrible, although to be honest I think I am pretty terrible. So I can't blame them if they see me that way.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I'e accomplished something, ironically. To be more specific, when I've finished working on an artwork that I feel relatively pleased with. Or when I'm reading about something sexy, like the Enneagram.

I feel my worst when I skip out on leaving the house for too many days in a row. Because of lack of stimulation, I guess. Engaging in real life can also make me feel pretty crap, though. Or talking to people who aren't good friends. Oh, don't get me started on phone calls.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger makes me feel pathetic. It makes me want to hurt someone except I don't actually want to hurt anyone so what do I do? Except for stewing in impotent rage. It does have a pretty energizing effect, though, so it's good for working out. I get angry way too easily, though. Very temperamental.

Shame... Well, I get embarrassed over all sort of shit. I tend to assume that everyone automatically dislikes me until proven otherwise, I guess because I dislike myself. It's an uncomfortable feeling, but it seems pretty natural in a way. It's hard to imagine someone who don't feel any shame.

Anxiety can be exciting in a way, and it can be energizing, but also paralyzing. The thought of doing something can make me anxious, even something enjoyable, so I tend to put things off forever. I've gotten more anxious in recent years after being hit by a car once.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
I can't deal with stress, so I end up ignoring whatever it is that makes me feel that way. I also don't deal with unexpected change so well. Even if it's not a bad change, I like to be prepared for what's happening.

It's funny, because I was talking about conflict with a friend earlier. I'm not the sort of person who generally seek it out, I guess I even avoid it, but it's hard to imagine being turned on without some sort of conflict... So I sure daydream about it.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Authority is fine as long as long as it's not abusive. I wouldn't want to be in a position of authority, as it seems way too stressful. Power can be nice on a smaller scale, though. How would you get anywhere that you wanted without power over your own life?

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life is something that happens until you die. Humans are terrible and wonderful. Yeah, I still can't think of a better answer for this question. Sorry, Animal.

Optional Questions
11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
When I was eleven years old I moved from the city I had grown up in, to a more rural area. I didn't adapt very well, and failed to make any friends. I was also got picked on enough that I couldn't ignore it, so I ended up skipping school a lot. And I didn't do homework or study much (which didn't stop me from occasionally acting like a know-it-all). I spent the majority of my days on the internet and daydreaming.

In hindsight I probably would have had an easier time if I ever bothered to shower, but at the time it felt like such a waste of time. It would take a way from the time I could spend on reading fanfiction, after all. Eventually I did get into the habit of showering, but I still had a tendency to go on and on about anime or whatever my current main interest was, so I can see why people found me obnoxious.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I would say I'm pretty trusting. A little naive even.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
I like my sense of aesthetics, I suppose. Sometimes I like my drawings. I dislike how dense I can be. My clumsiness. The tone of my voice. How easily I start to cry. Or how self-centered I can be.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I don't know. I don't necessarily think I'm any more perceptive than most other people. I also don't spend a lot of time observing others unless I'm terribly bored or looking for inspiration (or I find them sexy).

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
That probably depends on the insult, but I think mostly I would feel bemused that some random person went out of their way to insult me. Now if they complimented me, I would feel pretty good since I know they weren't just doing it because they were my friend.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
I'm thankful that I have food and freedom. I wish I had more motivation to do anything. Or a sex-slave. Uhm, I don't know. Oh, the ability to teleport or fly would be nice. Or eternal friendship.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts