Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get annoyed by their lack of attention to detail? Wouldn't go as far to say I hate them, but their inability to follow in conversation ware on your patience from time to time? I find myself constantly saying "you either get it, or you don't. Moving on."

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
I get worn out by xNTPs sometimes for an opposite reason. My coworker is one, and, with all due respect to his exceptional knowledge and competence, I have to interrupt him several times so he just tells me straight what he needs to say, without going on with long explanations and theory when it's totally irrelevant.

As for NFs - well, an ENFP I knew was academically better than me. She only seemed a scatterbrain, but actually amazingly sharp. My INFJ friend is hardly a dimwit too, and it's amazing how we arrive to the same conclusions for absolutely different reasons. Though besides them two, I don't think I knew many, if any, NFs good enough. I guess perceived slowness and lack of attention to details is just the difference in communication styles.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
This seems like an Te fest..

Which one will wear you out the most : Constant droners or people who ask too much questions when communicating?

·
Registered
10,018 Posts
I like to think my Se is pretty well-developed, and I have quite the attention for details.

Also, some intuitives don't care about details because they're more focused on the big picture.
NJs are more obsessed with detail than SP because you all are conscious of it more. So I agree. I actually think you all are more hyper aware on a conscious level of detail than even SPs to be honest.

As for NPs they can zero in on specific things and focus heavily on what they choose too. My INFP daughter seems oblivious to some things and then profoundly astute with other things. So from my view they can be extremely into observing detail with something specific drawing their interest. My INFP daughter is usually the one to tell me I am speeding etc (her tert Si wants to regulate the environment a lot for security).

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Most of the people who call me "anal" (a Freudian term that I despise), precisely because of my attention to detail, are NFs. So maybe they get just as irritated as STs but for the opposite reason. Personally, I don't see how it's possible to separate the details from the big picture, or vice-versa. It's all part of a macrocosmic menagerie of heuristic harmony and esoteric ergonomics. To understand the one, you must understand the other - like Yin and Yang.

NFs can be harshly judgmental, contrary to the stereotype.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
NJs are more obsessed with detail than SP because you all are conscious of it more. So I agree. I actually think you all are more hyper aware on a conscious level of detail than even SPs to be honest.

As for NPs they can zero in on specific things and focus heavily on what they choose too. My INFP daughter seems oblivious to some things and then profoundly astute with other things. So from my view they can be extremely into observing detail with something specific drawing their interest. My INFP daughter is usually the one to tell me I am speeding etc (her tert Si wants to regulate the environment a lot for security).
Haha I always watch how fast someone is going. I don't want to be in a car crash. Nope. And I hate it when people text when they drive etc. My brother is ESTP and before he got bluetooth in his car he used to text when driving 100km down the highway. :| Sometimes the car would start swerving to the side a bit and I'd go to grab the wheel but then he goes, "Its okay I've got it". Uses his legs or one hand. :|

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This seems like an Te fest..

Which one will wear you out the most : Constant droners or people who ask too much questions when communicating?
To many questions get me every time. I find rambling only slightly annoying.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I've paid more attention to detail than you here to be honest...

*wear

(soz - not soz)
I assume with the INFJ and ENFJ I was referring to were slightly deficient in Se. Don't get me wrong, but constantly reinterating can ware on your patience fast.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Acutally Se users are more distracted than us lol.
My best friend is one and whenever we talk while outside he's always watching somewhere else, finding new stimuli.

Reactions: Katie Tran

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ESTP or ESFP?

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
To many questions get me every time. I find rambling only slightly annoying.
For me, I'd rather people ask me seemingly obvious or stupid questions than making assumptions. Questions are good. Rambling? Not so much..

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For me, I'd rather people ask me seemingly obvious or stupid questions than making assumptions. Questions are good. Rambling? Not so much..
And than?-dude where's my car comes to mind haha, gotta love language barriers.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
You wouldn't "love" language barrier if you are stranded in a place where people dont understand you at all. Communication is supposed to make people understand. That's the main goal. If they don't understand, repeating your words slowly or loudly would no make any difference. Is like going to foreign land and speaking English slowly to a person who doesn't even know English in the first place. Some people know visual communication. Some are better at listening (so on ans so forth..), so you have to figure out which type of commucation would work better for them instead of expecting people to just know what you are talking about because what you see and what they see are two different perspectives even though you are both seeing the same thing. Sometimes you just have to look at it at various angles ( ESTPs should be good at this) and then try to meet these people at mid point. The easiest is to ask why they do not understand instead of what so you can zero in to the main barrier and break it.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I was kidding btw. I find it difficult to communicate in the scenarios.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 24 Posts