Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Of course! It's always best to look for those who have visions of grandeur and strange ideas because then they will be able to appreciate my strange ideas ^_^.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hmm, yes and no.

I hate people who try to be different to impress others. Or you know..."Go out there" with their strangeness, sort of like "Look at me, I'm strange!" ...Yeah, I know people like that.

Also I dislike wanting to be different just for the sake of being different. I'm sorry if I offend someone with that, since I'd imagine that it's somewhat common for INFJs to feel that way (correct me if I'm wrong!). I think it's quite common for us to think "That movie must suck just cause EVERYONE else likes it!". I believe I've grown out of it... I used to feel that way until I realized that I was looking down on everyone else by thinking that way. It sort of dawned on me that I should accept the society I live in and try to make the best of it. In other words: blend in. We're all in the same boat after all, so might as well work with it instead of against it.

I also dislike trying to look different on purpose (fashion choices etc). I used to be like that when I was younger, but I've learnt that boring style doesn't mean it's a boring person. And nowadays I just think bold fashion statements to be sorta attention seeking.

Anyhow, then again...I love strange introverts who aren't strange on purpose! You know...Awkward people. It makes me want to cuddle them and say it's alright.... I also always sympathize with the strange melancholic movie characters. People who think differently are always interesting. :) They just have to be humble about it.

And yeah, I do have a habit of classifying strangers and random people as the "normal kind", and it's not a compliment. And I guess that's what's annoying about the "different attention seekers" - They're just like everyone else in the end. But maybe that's just a bit cynical. But yes, normal is usually boring when it comes to people.

*Random inevitable dude shouts from the crowd: "Define normal!"*

·
Registered
72 Posts
My friend noticed that I'm attracted to weirdos some time ago and I guess she was 100% right. Introverted geeks are just my type and I really don't care whether they're popular and well-thought-of or not. I have an amazing ability of finding them in the crowd of "normal" people. I usually cling to people that others either don't notice or don't like. I like strange ideas, too - I just want to be myself and I'm really weird, there's nothing I can do about it, regardless of what other people think. My reputation isn't that relevant to me. I do care about my public image to some extent, I'm a 4w5 after all, but it will never make me resign from the part of me that I love.
And @Tenshi , I couldn't agree more ! I have no interest at all in so-called "different attention seekers".

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
For sure!
I need to be challenged and like to stretch my perception.
Also, I am pretty weird myself. I like some "strange" things because I can identify and some "strangeness" just because... well, it's interesting!
But "normal" is usually too easy for me and ends up being boring.

I don't judge anyone for liking "normal" stuff. As long as they don't judge me for liking weird stuff/people. To each their own.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I just think normal people make me uncomfortable, I guess because in the back of my mind, I'm kind of scared they're going to end up judging me for my unconventionality. All my friends have either been offbeat people, or people who have faced tragedy in their lives, or just people with issues they struggle with dealing with.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
I just think normal people make me uncomfortable, I guess because in the back of my mind, I'm kind of scared they're going to end up judging me for my unconventionality. All my friends have either been offbeat people, or people who have faced tragedy in their lives, or just people with issues they struggle with dealing with.
Normal people bore me to death... I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I want to name my son Exodus and have him become a powerful man with a big sword and cape and unearthly powers who takes over the world. That's been my dream since I was young. I also think the best husband for me has a personality like Eustace from Courage the Cowardly dog. When a guy can be talking about normal everyday things and I can understand only a few words because of his unrivaled intelligence, he's got me hooked.

So, no, I don't really like strange things. -_-'

Reactions: Ntuitive and Coil

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am very draw to anything unusual..be people, ideas, movies, art,etc. My life has been very unusual :p, I have seen and experience so many strange things that most people don't believe to be real but I can't denied what I have experience myself. Because of those experiences I have been on a quest for truth and to figure out what else is out there. Life indeed is so much more than most people realized. When we limit ourselves to conventional ideas and people, we lose so much. Sometimes to find solutions for the problems we face each day we have to be creative and think outside of the box. We are where we are thanks to the visionaries of the past; that decided to follow their inner weirdness and take risks. Usually they were bashed in their own times, because few people understood what they were trying to share. 50 or 100 years later, their ideas aren't weird anymore. They have become part of our mainstream thoughts. I don't want to wait 50 or 100 years..I want to experience and live the future now.

Usually strange ideas are original...same thing can be say about people. There are no two people that are alike. So what's normal?. Everyone is weird inside :p..just that some of us are more honest than others and care less about what other might think about us.
There is no such thing as a normal people, what you are seeing is just someone playing a character...Carl Jung called this the Persona. The social mask that almost everyone wears to "fit" in society. The sad thing is that usually the part that we hide behind that mask is the best part of us.

Reactions: Coil

·
Registered
997 Posts
I love strangeness of ideas. I love learning about different theories (religion, end of world, 1984) and the unknown (like crypt-zoology). Unanswered questions about a multitude of things brings magic to the world. People become inspired to think ... it's awesome.

Reactions: Coil

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I'm more attracted to depth rather than strangeness. Strangeness can be faked, and I hate it when people do because it's so obvious it makes me cringe. When someone tries way too hard to be brooding and mysterious and "you can't understand me" ish, I can tell immediately and it's a huge turn off. I crave authenticity.

I'm drawn to depth, and that cannot ever be faked, at least not in my experience. Deep people don't need to go out of their way, it's something you can immediately feel even in the simplest of words.

·
Registered
274 Posts
When I am looking around in a crowd and see someone sitting in an off position or mmm just giving off that vibe. im sure you guys know what I mean, I am piqued. Although, I really hate the hipster/ liberal-arts kind of strangeness.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
When I am looking around in a crowd and see someone sitting in an off position or mmm just giving off that vibe. im sure you guys know what I mean, I am piqued. Although, I really hate the hipster/ liberal-arts kind of strangeness.

That isn't a strangeness... that is a conformist behavior to a norm.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That isn't a strangeness... that is a conformist behavior to a norm.
Ok perhaps a bad example. I was getting to the vibe when you see someone or talk to them that they are different.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts