Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find that, adjusted for prevalence in the general population, they attract a disproportionate of people of a certain racial group?

I find that I attract mostly Asians (as in, East Asians), both fobby kinds and the ABC type. Good looking, confident types, too.

I never get hit on by black or Hispanic guys, but often by white guys, but wherever I go, I get a lot of Asian attention, lol.

Most of my boyfriends have been Asian, including my current - Japanese.

Myself, I'm half Pakistani, half white - but I'm fair-skinned, very tall and skinny.

So who do you attract the most, and what's your racial background and your body type?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Heritage
Indian. Subcontinental variety as opposed to native American variety.

History
Usually white. I've dated across the racial/ethnic spectrum, but for whatever reason, I wind up in relationships with white/Caucasian women.

Body Type
Average. I'm 6'1" and neither fat nor skinny. I have a bit of a belly?

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Heritage:
I'm a hodge-podge of different heritages. The first two that come to mind are Norwegian and Native American. I appear white, though I am a registered Native.

History:
I have had relationships with whites and hispanics. The majority of people who hit on me are African American. No, I am not racist nor am I implying that I would never be in a relationship with an African American... don't go there :p

Body type:
I'm short and pudgy :)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Heritage: All kinds of whiteness: German, Irish, Welsh, French Canadian, and then for good measure a little bit of American Indian on my mom's side to give me deadly cheekbones.

I attract: I live in an area with a high population of Hispanic, so I do get a lot of Hispanic attention due to their somewhat flirtatious culture. Black men seem to like me also. I have dated white, black, & Hispanic men. I'm currently married to an Irish/Norwegian.

Body type: I'm small and athletic, but still curvy. Closest comparison from celebrities would be Jennifer Lopez body type, except i'm 2 inches shorter than her.

edit: i actually like Asian boys. i find Asian features very attractive. But there's like .7% Asian population here, and almost nil in my age group.

We are starting to see a rise in Pakistani and Bosnian population. but they don't seem to mingle much outside their culture yet. That cultural grouping has really only been around about 15-20 years.

·
Registered
499 Posts
As an Asian guy, I have no answer for you.

However, I do see certain types of Asian girls who somehow attract a disporportional amount of white guys. Girls like Lucy Liu, who many Asians find unattractive, is seen as hot in the west.

I've also noticed that girls who are considered 'classic' looking are highly desirable in the west. A few of my female friends never attract Asian guys, but are always pursued by white guys.

I suppose this has to do with social expectation and media. If you've never met an Asian girl in your life, you might have certain stereotypical expectations of what an Asian girl is supposed to look like. I would think you might be experiencing the same thing.

I think most Asian guys are attracted to the typical sunny American look rather than girls with East European bone structure. Due to that being the prototype of what's considered attractive by Hollywood.

Just a thought.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Heritage
Indian. Subcontinental variety as opposed to native American variety.

History
Usually white. I've dated across the racial/ethnic spectrum, but for whatever reason, I wind up in relationships with white/Caucasian women.

Body Type
Average. I'm 6'1" and neither fat nor skinny. I have a bit of a belly?
sure it isn't because you exclusively chase after em brah?

cuz White women don't really like Indian men

·
Registered
270 Posts
Breed through years of randomized selection of specimens all across Asian and North America, standing a mighty 175 cm tall, weighing in at 68kg of adulterated skin and bone. The one and only, me!

I'm not sure what exactly I attract, though I've had my share of flirting from both my Asian and White counterparts. Asian women are a lot more direct about their attraction where as white women tend to make me work for my meal. I blame all the brainwashing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My heritage is mexican american/ native american
I attract mostly african american men and hispanic men. But...I have always had a thing for white boys. Go figure...
I am short and curvy

Reactions: quadrivium

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,137 Posts
Heritage:
I am mostly Anglo, with a good dose of Scandinavian thrown in. Add in 1/8th German and some Scots-Irish to round it out.

History:
I have dated Asians, Hispanics, and three white-native Americans, supposedly (they all looked white, but did have high cheekbones and slightly slanting eyes, if that means anything). I tend to be drawn to guys who do not resemble family, meaning I am not into pale eyed blondes. I have not noticed any particular pattern as to who is attracted to me.

Body type:
Tall and medium build. I used to be tall and slender, but with age have gained some curves. I work out though and so manage to stay fit, which tends to be unusual for my age group in this area (LOTS of chubby ******** around here - many without teeth!).

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Heritage
Predominantly Northern European. I don't bother naming off countries because the land lines change and there isn't much difference depending upon the area. For example, there are Mediterranean (Southern), Eastern European, and Western European.

History
I'm usually hit on or pursued by people of European heritage.

Body Type
Short 'n stocky. If we use dazzle words, I'm curvy.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My family heritage is mostly English, Scottish, and Norwegian, with a little bit of Cree a few generations back.

I've only dated white men in the past, but only because it was pretty racially homogeneous where I grew up. I actually tend to prefer non-white men because I have a preference for dark hair.

I am short (5'1) and curvy.

sure it isn't because you exclusively chase after em brah?

cuz White women don't really like Indian men
Yes, you're right. No matter how many white women claim to like Indian men, they're all liars. Myself included. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Yes, you're right. No many how many white women claim to like Indian men, they're all liars. Myself included. :rolleyes:

Well really, who could be attracted to that....

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I'm Irish, English, Slovak, German, Hawaiian, and Filipino. Or at least I think that's what I am. I've been meaning to take a blood test to find out more about it since I'm such a mutt.

I attract all types that appreciate a unique/exotic look and not a generic white guy.

My build is average with muscular/broad shoulders and chest. I look fantastic in a suit. And barely any body hair.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts