Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several situations where people have commented that I have alot of people that are attracted to me. Maybe its just me but i am not one to make scenes and think i am all that or to much into all the hoopla that goes into the dating scene. Lol....i never see them, maybe i have ninjas watching me!!!

Reactions: Achi, Sela and niss

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't understand the point of this thread.
Ah, most of my characteristics being quiet, spending most of my time in my head (internal), hardworking, i find alot of it contradicts or gets in the way of what some would find attractive. Since majority of the pardon the terms lady killers dont fit into that description.

Reactions: 007phantom and niss

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Ah, most of my characteristics being quiet, spending most of my time in my head (internal), hardworking, i find alot of it contradicts or gets in the way of what some would find attractive. Since majority of the pardon the terms lady killers dont fit into that description.
When I think of someone using the term "attractive" I think of just looking at someone physically, not delving deep into their personality/tendencies. I understand a bit better what you were meaning, though. Some people find ISTJs mysterious and appreciate our honest, blunt, short sentences. Seems like most just ignore us from my experience, though.

"Killers are quiet".

But also mentally unstable :p

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think of attractive as something that attracts me. I am never attracted to the person's looks. I am always attracted to their personality though (if its good that is). So, for me attractions is about their personality and behaviours.

Now, many people think that girls like materialistic, good looking show offs, the flirty type boys that all they do is talk and not do any hard work. But I would not think so. Most girls want stable relationship in the end. If they are in just for lust, then they might go for the stereotypical good looking flirty boys. Some air heads, stereotypical girly girl might as well. But all the girls I have met and talked to, seem to in the end, like a guy who is sensitive, compassionate, caring yet intelligent and smart, hardworking, modest and decent. Such characteristics generally would spell good understanding and a stable relationship for most ladies out there.

So, being an ISTJ, I would say you might fit such criteria. If such is the case, then many girls would like you for your sensibleness (if that's a word).

I don't know what your original question was. I also never seem to know if someone has a crush on me. Its afterwards that people tell me and when I look shocked, they ask- Haven't you noticed? Funny, how despite all these irrelevant details that I observe due to my Si function, I manage to miss such improtant things. Perhaps its because I am not that good at understanding other people's aspirations.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what your original question was. I also never seem to know if someone has a crush on me. Its after wards that people tell me and when I look shocked, they ask- Haven't you noticed? Funny, how despite all these irrelevant details that I observe due to my Si function, I manage to miss such important things. Perhaps its because I am not that good at understanding other people's aspirations.
The original question was that i too find out later that someone is attracted to me. I too notice other things but maybe i am well versed in the (sarcasm moment) "manly ways of women watching"!! Or as the song goes i don't, "listen to your body talk!

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
The original question was that i too find out later that someone is attracted to me. I too notice other things but maybe i am well versed in the (sarcasm moment) "manly ways of women watching"!! Or as the song goes i don't, "listen to your body talk!
I agree with you. It has been much the same for me.

This is not to say that I don't notice a pretty woman. I've also found that a woman that over plays her physical attributes is a pretty quick turn off for me.

Which brings me to Petals comments. In this boy/girl relationship thing, boys are initially attracted to the physical characteristics of a girl, but they quickly move past that if conversation is entered. Girls are attracted to a decent looking guy (meaning no turn offs) but he does have to pay attention to her. Again, they will quickly move beyond that once conversation begins.

There have been books written about this...I think I'll let it go for now. ;)

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I don't understand the point of this thread. :confused:
To say how awesome he is and to pique peoples interest.

He doesn't have the flair for it though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

really?

yes... me mr boring and hum drum

Reactions: niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts

Yet another display of ignorance concerning ISTJ motivations. Judging people by your motivations will often leave you looking foolish.

I'll spell it out for you, since your intuition seems to be lacking:

nightowl has been approached by a few people recently that have indicated that they find him attractive. This is outside of what he has expected because he views himself as less than the conversationalist and generally to be boring and run of the mill when it comes to entering the chit chat that the more sparkling extroverts exhibit. He is musing about this and wondering what it is that actually forms an attraction since he does not believe himself to be "a find" in social gatherings.

IOW, this is about introversion vs. extroversion and his understanding of them as relating to attractiveness to the opposite sex.

Capiche?
:dry:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I see Introverts tend to be more "macho" and "cool". This is probably why they are more attractive
I tend to find, in general, that I am more attracted towards Introverted people. Its like a case of like goes with like. I mean, Extroverted people are fun to be around, amusing and interesting but they can get annoying if they are too extroverted (for me, at least).

But then, I did this test which asked questions on what type you would like to be your partner. And I got INFJ. Well, it suits- rarest personality type- an INTJ women paired with second rarest type- INFJ male.:tongue:

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Yet another display of ignorance concerning ISTJ motivations. Judging people by your motivations will often leave you looking foolish.

I'll spell it out for you, since your intuition seems to be lacking:

nightowl has been approached by a few people recently that have indicated that they find him attractive. This is outside of what he has expected because he views himself as less than the conversationalist and generally to be boring and run of the mill when it comes to entering the chit chat that the more sparkling extroverts exhibit. He is musing about this and wondering what it is that actually forms an attraction since he does not believe himself to be "a find" in social gatherings.

IOW, this is about introversion vs. extroversion and his understanding of them as relating to attractiveness to the opposite sex.

Capiche?
:dry:
Yeah, um if you knew anything about mbti you'd know that for most people there actual motivations are invisible to them, but more clear to others.

Sorry to break it to you.
:wink:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Yeah, um if you knew anything about mbti you'd know that for most people there actual motivations are invisible to them, but more clear to others.

Sorry to break it to you.
:wink:
And if you knew anything about people you would have been able to discern his motivations with or without MBTI.

Learning about people through observation: That's what introverted sensors do. Sorry to have to bust that intuitive pride bubble. :laughing::wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts