Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your own honest opinion, what makes a person attractive to you on a physical level? What about unattractive? For some, it might be a very symmetrical face. For others, they might enjoy a few flaws on a person because they think it's quirky. For some, curly hair is the ish, for others they want something more straighter.

I personally like guys who are a bit more softer in appearance than the typical macho man. I have nothing against very masculine men, but I find the other gentler type more attractive. I like a guy who is more on the "cute" side of attractiveness than the "hot" side. (Doesn't mean I can't enjoy looking at hot men, but I have more feelings for the other one.) I like it when a guy is a bit on the chubbier side (or skinny, whatever) and has longer hair. I like it when there's that youthful, slightly feminine side to his appearance. I honestly don't care about eye or hair colors or even hair textures, since they're all amazing to me.

What says you? What do you find attractive and why? Would you ever date someone who isn't your physical type?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'll list some of the things that make me look twice:

-dark hair, short. or red hair
- height
- freckles
-arms where you can sort of see the veins (guess I'm a bit special here, but it's sexy)
- dark eyes

added later: I deleted the "it's more about chemistry" part as it is a given, and not significant to this thread. I'm tired of reading posts that claim looks are insignificant, so I might start by editing my own post as not to be a hypocrite :p.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There really aren't any specific traits in a person that makes them especially attractive to me. It's more how all their physical characteristics fit together than any one thing. I find people of all shapes and sizes to be attractive. For someone to be specifically unattractive to me, they have to not take care of themselves. I don't care if you're over weight or have some sort of physical deformity, as long as you aren't neglecting your hygiene and at least try to look presentable (as in wear nice clothes) I won't find you unattractive. You may not be specifically attractive in my eyes, but I'd have nothing bad to say about you.

And yes, I would date someone who didn't fit my description of attractive. We all have our preferences, but the way you look doesn't devalue who you are, and I would be more than happy in the relationship. I wouldn't, however, date someone who I found unattractive. That may sound shallow, but most people who don't take care of themselves (The ONLY thing that makes a person unattractive in my eyes) aren't exactly ideal for relationships in the first place, and I find such people utterly repulsive.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm attracted to girls with all hair colours but I prefer black or brown the most. In terms of body I like a girl who has at least decent boobs and a nice round butt, although her butt does not have to be huge but I would like it to have some shape. If her waist is kind of like an hour glass that really turns me on and I like curvy girls too. Skinny is good also, but not to the point where she's about to look anorexic. If she has high cheek bones, that gets me every time. I like all different eye colours but I prefer brown or blue. I like a girl to at least have shoulder length hair. Straight hair turns me on the most, but if she has it slightly curled that's hot as well. In terms of skin tone, I like a girl with a bit of a tan. I like girls who range from 5 feet to 5'5" tall as I am a short guy (5'6"). If she also has a good sense of fashion, then that turns me on as well such as a sexy dress, or if she's wearing a nice shirt with tight jeans and a leather jacket. I like a woman who is classy, but not over the top to the point where she would drain my bank account dry. What also drives me crazy is everything I mentioned above but when the girl also has a face that makes her look innocent.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I like genuine personalities and people that actually want to achieve for themselves or for the world. I like missionaries. Maybe I think the passion is attractive, I don't know. When I look back on who I'm attracted to, they're the people who would be considered strays from the pack. They're the ones that make buddies with a professor in order to have someone to confide in, someone who is looking for someone to actually start a relationship with in high school, someone who actually wants a real man (this being before the media craze over real men)..Along with that the people I am primarily interested in have another thing in common: they are seen as sluts by the people who don't like them. People hate on them as much as people indirectly hate on me. Maybe I look for others who are striving for success. I think I'm attracted to genuine people for those reasons.

As for aesthetic qualities I don't think I know the most of it so I don't have it to share. But there you go. Thank you for asking, I learned somethings about myself.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Along with that the people I am primarily interested in have another thing in common: they are seen as sluts by the people who don't like them. People hate on them as much as people indirectly hate on me.
You mean you like it when a woman is seen as an 'outsider' to the mainstream society? Or that she's so nice and attractive that women hate on her?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You mean you like it when a woman is seen as an 'outsider' to the mainstream society? Or that she's so nice and attractive that women hate on her?
No, I mean that I like it when people stand up for what they believe in and stay true to themselves instead of giving people what others want just to be friends with them, or get ahead without consideration for themselves. We buy more than just material possessions in order to fit in with each other.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I mean that I like it when people stand up for what they believe in and stay true to themselves instead of giving people what others want just to be friends with them, or get ahead without consideration for themselves. We buy more than just material possessions in order to fit in with each other.
I understand. However, I must tell you that this thread only focuses on what you find PHYSICALLY attractive in the opposite (and/or same) sex. You tell me what you find attractive in terms of personality and morals, and I respect that, but I'm just letting you know what this thread is actually about. :D

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I understand. However, I must tell you that this thread only focuses on what you find PHYSICALLY attractive in the opposite (and/or same) sex. You tell me what you find attractive in terms of personality and morals, and I respect that, but I'm just letting you know what this thread is actually about. :D
Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,691 Posts
In your own honest opinion, what makes a person attractive to you on a physical level? What about unattractive? For some, it might be a very symmetrical face. For others, they might enjoy a few flaws on a person because they think it's quirky. For some, curly hair is the ish, for others they want something more straighter.

I personally like guys who are a bit more softer in appearance than the typical macho man. I have nothing against very masculine men, but I find the other gentler type more attractive. I like a guy who is more on the "cute" side of attractiveness than the "hot" side. (Doesn't mean I can't enjoy looking at hot men, but I have more feelings for the other one.) I like it when a guy is a bit on the chubbier side (or skinny, whatever) and has longer hair. I like it when there's that youthful, slightly feminine side to his appearance. I honestly don't care about eye or hair colors or even hair textures, since they're all amazing to me.

What says you? What do you find attractive and why? Would you ever date someone who isn't your physical type?
I don't need to muddle up my conciousness with things that my unconcious handle perfectly.
It tells me when I'm physically attracted and when I'm not.

I would never date a girl I wasn't attracted too. What a waste of both peoples time.

Since I don't care to do post analysis of what traits attract me and what does not I found a pic that is
self explanatory by just noticing how I felt about it.

For me girls hardly get any hotter than this. The books don't mean shit by the way.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I like people with quirks. Anything striking that differentiates them from the people around them. For example, have you ever seen those birthmarks that look sort of like you spilled grape juice on yourself? A woman with a big one of those on the right side of her face beneath her eye came onto another forum last summer for a bit. She looked amazing. Also, there's a woman I sometimes ride the bus with who wears a pair of fuzzy cat ears. The woman I'm hoping to date right now is a bit tomboyish in appearance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I find myself most attracted to a woman of equal height. Preferably blue eyes, but in the end it doesn't matter. Brown hair, (always been a sucker for brunettes) soft hands, pretty complexion, not afraid to wear sandals, not ridiculously skinny, but not obessed, and finally, that perfect amount of freckles on her face/shoulders.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Physically the first thing I'm attracted to is a woman who takes care of her body. I don't care what type of body she has as long as shes in shape. Height is irrelevant as long as she doesn't tower over me (I'm 6'1). I like symmetry of course and she has to smell good naturally. I also like a nice butt, one I could use as a pillow if need be.
@hornet personally I think the books are just making her look that much better.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
In terms of "who I'd date" I really don't care as long as she is of a healthy body weight and has good hygiene.

I don't really know if I have a "type". I tend to like brunettes a little more than other hair colors, but they are all attractive. I also prefer rarer eye colors like blue, green, hazel, and especially grey, but regular brown and dark eyes can be just as beautiful. I love volumptious women like Christina Hendricks, and I can definitely appreciate women with great abs or with arms that are a bit toned. Women's butts are just the best in general. There is a very wide size range that I like, if you're not overweight in general, and if it's not so small that there's no shape too it, then I am drooling over it.

For clothes, I love the whole preppie look (plaid skirts, dress shirts, argyle/plaid patterns, ties, knickers exc.) and also the "butch" mensware as womensware thing, as long as it's just a little form fitting so I can see her general figure. I also like the old school dresses (i.e Kim Novak's grey dress in Vertigo). Some women have such nice bottoms that I wish they'd just wear jeans all the time so I could enjoy the view. Obviously I like naughty underwear and lingerie too. Clothes mean pretty much nil to me though in terms of selection of a partner, I usually don't even pay attention to what people are wearing.

The only things that I absolutely, really like in a "zero-sum" way are soft, smooth skin and long hair. I usually don't really care for sculpted faces, I like for them to have "softer" edges, and nice full cheeks. I also like symmetrical faces (like most people) and larger eyes. I think that's enough. This message was brought to you by MyName's inferior Se.

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,691 Posts
@hornet personally I think the books are just making her look that much better.
Well yeah it implies intelligence and I like it too, but that isn't linked with the physical gut level attraction.
That is a value judgment applied afterwards.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
*I love gingers with long curly hair
*I love grey, green, and violet eyes
*I like a face that is full of expression
*I like boobs that are just big enough so that they're not touching
*I like a tight stomach
*I really like pointed chins
*I love cute facial expressions that are unique
*I like a rounded booty, more on the small side, well toned as well
*I will always go for a girl that has some good bangs