Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Fantastic question. My advice: Love em, and if they do your head in, leave them. It's a shame to know how a certain girl will be. Or you can stick with them and teach them human values beyond material possessions and ideals. Which is what I've done, successfully. Although she was and still is exciting to be with I feel I've opened her up to an extra level of understanding where we can both meet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can't stand stupid women (most women), I get horribly frustrated around stupid people in general, but women are all that stupider on average and we all know attractive-smart girls all have boyfriends so I just end up riding solo.

Feels good man.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I think I can safely say that I am almost completely unmoved by the physical attractiveness or non-attractiveness of women. Perhaps I am just deluding myself and my concept of beauty in a woman is simply merely different.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK yea it's nice to say you are real mature and stand up guys who don't care about physical. I'm talking about when a girl is sexy but you know she is probably an idiot/gossip/etc. you can honestly tell me you aren't attracted to them on a physical level?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I can't stand stupid women (most women), I get horribly frustrated around stupid people in general, but women are all that stupider on average and we all know attractive-smart girls all have boyfriends so I just end up riding solo.
I've met more males than females who seem to totally lack common sense.

·
11,928 Posts
ok. we are talking about dumb ones on this thread, however
That was in response to nodi, not the OP, but I suppose it is different anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
OK yea it's nice to say you are real mature and stand up guys who don't care about physical. I'm talking about when a girl is sexy but you know she is probably an idiot/gossip/etc. you can honestly tell me you aren't attracted to them on a physical level?
Personally, I'm absolutely attracted to them on a physical level. If I've had enough to drink (see other topic forum) then I'd probably deal with whatever lame conversation arises.

I think the difficulty arises that I can't reconcile my being physically attracted to a girl but not intellectually attracted to her as well. I have a feeling this is a particular problem for many INTP's (male and female). For instance, I don't believe any of my friends are INTP's and they don't complain about (physical) attractiveness vs. intellectual attracitveness. To them, a girl is either hot or not, no matter her intelligence level.

The other thing is, say you have a girl who is physically attractive and also very intelligent. I seem to really come alive, to show my best qualities around these women, and hence become more attractive myself. I come alive NATURALLY. Whereas, if they are only physically attractive, I can't muster up my best qualities. Part of me wants to, but at the same time there's that inner part that just refuses to. This can be beyond frustrating b/c it leads to apathy. Not to brag, but I'm an attractive, smart guy. I've been told I could be a model. But b/c I have a hard time finding that perfect blend, I either have to settle (which I can't stand doing) or choose my solitary INTP world.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That was in response to nodi, not the OP, but I suppose it is different anyway.
Are you trying to defend your gender?

I don't do generalising for this very reason, you can not claim ALL memebers of a certain group possess the same attributes, especially in groups for which the individual has no choice of belonging.

I am simply saying from my personal experience (which is most likely subjective) that I have encountered many, many dumb women.

I know some smart girls, also get along with them very well. Tho I will be arogant enough to say I don't find any of them smarter than me :tongue:

·
11,928 Posts
I am simply saying from my personal experience (which is most likely subjective) that I have encountered many, many dumb women.
I was actually doing the exact same thing as you :crazy:

If my opinion matters, I wouldn't be able to stand someone who didn't have decent intelligence(or who was atleast interesting to hold a conversation with) no matter how sexy or attractive they may be.

Reactions: Lucretius

·
Registered
672 Posts
I read an interesting article/piece of research a while ago, which asked the question of what type of girl the average bloke has as a partner in his teens/early twenties, and what he ends up marrying/shacking up with.

They found that often they are attracted to the 38/32/36 etc in their teens, but often ended up marrying their soul mate, not necessarily especially attractive, but one who understood them best.

And they also found that lots of men seemed subconsciously attracted to child-bearing hips and thighs.

Dunno how much of that stuff was bs. Just thought I'd say. Carry on.:laughing:

Reactions: IcePick

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The other thing is, say you have a girl who is physically attractive and also very intelligent. I seem to really come alive, to show my best qualities around these women, and hence become more attractive myself. I come alive NATURALLY. Whereas, if they are only physically attractive, I can't muster up my best qualities. Part of me wants to, but at the same time there's that inner part that just refuses to. This can be beyond frustrating b/c it leads to apathy. Not to brag, but I'm an attractive, smart guy. I've been told I could be a model. But b/c I have a hard time finding that perfect blend, I either have to settle (which I can't stand doing) or choose my solitary INTP world.
this is good insight. i've had a similar experience.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
I would say that I am attracted to the standard cheerleader types on more than just a physical level, but on wholly a sort of primal, instinctual level.
Their stupidity (or at the least superficiality) serves as perhaps a rational/intellectual deterrent, but is in fact an allurement on that subconscious level.
It is one more reason they appear to need care and protection.

·
Registered
911 Posts
how do you guys deal with the fact that many many girls are very appealing physically and yet you know your interests and personalities will clash?
I don't know, I do my best to avoid them, which is quite easy because you can recognise one a mile away.
but still - shagging her for a while and when you can't take her shit anymore you just pack away sounds like a legit strategy. But of course it's a bit unfair to her if she expected something more out of a relationship.

Reactions: Mantis and Dupree

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If any of you guys ever have a shot at bagging a really hot, really stupid chick, make sure you finish quickly before you start to wonder what's on TV or if you remembered to pick up the mail that day.

Then pray to God that she's doesn't get pregnant.

Been there, done that, not going back.

Reactions: Zic

·
Registered
114 Posts
Let's not turn this topic into a place to slander and bash women. I understand we all get frustrated, but let's not lose sight of the fact that society and the media places a heavy emphasis on how women should be (and men, but don't get me started). Given this, and to be fair, I'm sure many woman downplay their intellectual ability.

What a tragedy.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.