Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
4,926 Posts
Why? I understand being intimidated by a large person unless I know them. But what can an attractive person do to you that an unattractive person can't do?
I don't mean physically.

4,926 Posts
You don't have to answer me, but OP didn't answer the question either. If you can answer, I'd appreciate it. If you're not physically intimidated, what is intimidating about them? You know they're just regular people. So, what is there to be worried about?
It's difficult to explain. They're certainly not doing anything wrong. I respect everyone, no matter what they look like. But, I guess it's how they make you feel that they have the power of changing. Not that I believe people who are attractive should be able to make you feel inadequate or jealous but they sometimes do. Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent, of course but I guess it's an insecurity thing. It's intimidating that they're so attractive and I wish I look like that, or something. I guess you feel you are losing a competition, which is stupid. I guess it's a difficult way of thinking to train yourself out of but it is nonetheless interesting.

I hope that's answered your question in some kind of way?
:th_wink:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Are you intimidated by others' attractiveness?
Nope, no way. Other people attractiveness is one things, people you find deeply attractive regarding your personal preferences... that's another matter. Most times? nope, but faced some situations where certain women just... fak, put my mind blank and I can't keep a clear line of thought just due to how beautiful and attractive they seem to me, some of them cause zero effects on others, even like "do you like her? really?" and that problem of not thinking clearly sure makes me feel weird.

Can you tell when people are intimidated by your attractiveness?
intj here, very rare to notice that
I'm very tall regarding other people, that sure intimidate some of them

·
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀) Meow
681 Posts
If I think someone's attractive I'm more likely to approach them and tell them. I'm not intimidated at all. :laughing:

I can tell when a person is nervous around me but I can't assume that's because of my looks. I don't think I appear intimidating to anyone really. I'm a tiny girl so most have to look down when talking to me.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I will speak about women now because I can't really tell if a guy is attractive or not. They are just .. guys .. idk xD And the whole concept of attractiveness is rather questionable and will vary from person to person anyway.

When I see exceptionally attractive woman I will not feel intimidated by her in any way but will automatically assume she is stupid until proven otherwise. There are a bunch of women I have met who are both extremely beautiful and intelligent but the general pattern I have noticed in the world around me points to pretty women being dumb and thus my skepticism.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Nop. I'd actually be the first one to go to a boy and tell him how handsome I think he is. Sometimes it's worked as a pick up line.

·
Banned
3,644 Posts
Sometimes. I don't know if you want to call it being intimidated but I've always had people tell me how "attractive" I was but for some reason not a damn person would come up to me and make conversation or anything, because on top of that I'm also relatively quiet which a lot of people don't seem to know how to react to. I've had people assume I was a bitch just for acting and and apparently looking the way I do, so I've been told. I don't know if that's most boys being intimidated by me or what. Didn't have a boyfriend throughout high school because of it, on top of me not knowing how to throw myself out there. I'm pretty sure it was the combination, not just being 'attractive' though if it had anything to do with it at all.

Its also weird calling myself attractive... I mean I don't think I'm ugly, but I'm just going by others words here.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm not attractive enough to be intimidating so that's not much of a consideration, I'm also pretty sure people can be attractive enough to be intimidating. If someone is just mind blowingly attractive, so attractive it feels like they punched you in the stomach and you think 'wow that person is just waaaaay out of my league,' isn't that being intimidated by their attractiveness? It would either take someone a lot less vain than I am or a with a weirdly seamless self-confidence to say no I think. That or they'd have to be mind blowingly hot themselves.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
No I can't tell cause I'm not attractive, lol. But I am intimidated by very attractive girls. Especially ones who also seem to know they're very beautiful and guys would kill their own parents to be with them, lol. It's a kind of power I imagine. It's like meeting a very physically powerful person or rich one. Or very smart one. It's intimidating.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
No - If I find someone attractive I rather arrogantly assume it's reciprocated until proven otherwise. But that doesn't mean I'll be all up in their face either. I tend to lurk in the background hot it not. And then there's that embarrassing runaway thing I do but it's not intimidation its some other weird shit.

No - I don't think I've ever met someone who was intimidated by my utter hotness....possibly because I am neither hot nor intimidating. And if someone was you'd probably never find out about it since they would be too busy hiding behind the curtains...presumably.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.