Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many other Australians are on Personality Cafe, but I thought we could have a thread for discussing the MBTI types of famous/well-known Australian figures. Here are my viewpoints:

Kevin Rudd: INFP (Yep, Australia actually had an INFP as a Prime Minister).
Tony Abbott: ISTJ
Malcolm Turnbull: ISTJ
Bill Shorten: ISxJ?
Julie Bishop: INxP (I think she might be an INTP)

Hamish Blake: ESFP
Andy Lee: ISxP
Julia Morris: ESFJ?
Dave Hughes: ISFP?

Lisa Wilkinson: ISFJ
Georgie Gardner: INFP (i'm certain of this)
David Campbell: ESFJ
Peter Overton: ISFJ
Mark Ferguson: ISTJ

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I don't know how many other Australians are on Personality Cafe, but I thought we could have a thread for discussing the MBTI types of famous/well-known Australian figures. Here are my viewpoints:

Rudd was an INFP? Micro-manager, workaholic, focused on detail, and control freak, by all accounts. Screams TJ.

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
Sharkfan, just like the P!NK thread, I sometimes don't know how you get your typings D:

I also don't think Rudd is an INFP...hm

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was an idealist, always setting goals and envisioning Australian society in the future. When he took office in 2007, he set out to make swift changes which would drive Australia into the 21st Century. Rudd made climate-change a key priority for Labor, wanting to ratify the Kyoto-Protocol and proposing an ambitious emissions trading scheme, which would cut greenhouse gas emissions to 60% by 2050.

I don't know how anyone can suggest that he had inferior-Ne. He wasn't conservative by any measure and was quite clearly driven by his own personal ambitions for the country. If anything, he was too idealistic for his own good. The "Energy Efficient Homes Package" turned out to be a disaster, resulting in the deaths of four workers.

He also majored in Chinese History and is a fluent speaker of Mandarin. While any personality type can have an interest in learning new languages and studying history, INFP are quite often characterised for their linguistic skills. Rudd is also an Anglican and regularly attends the Anglican church in his electorate. Also, TJs are not the only types who are "workaholics" and can "focus on detail". That's just stereotyping. INFPs can be very hard workers, especially if they are passionate for what they are striving towards.

Finally, he was quite clearly influenced by his own emotions and he even became renowned for his outbursts. Doesn't anyone remember the tantrum he threw while practicing for a video conference? He even cried during his farewell speech. A IxTJ would likely have been more composed. Regardless, personality wise, he is a complete contrast to recent Prime Ministers such as Malcolm Turnbull, John Howard and Tony Abbott, who are all conservative by nature and are quite likely *STJs. Really, I don't see how anyone could see Kevin Rudd as anything other than an INxP. His Ne was too influential and apparent in his personality for it to be one of his inferior functions.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any thoughts as to what types Bill Shorten and Julie Bishop could be? I get the impression that Bill Shorten is an ISxJ and Julie Bishop is an INxP, but i'm not entirely sure.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Kevin Rudd - ISFJ 1w9
Tony Abbott - ISTP 3w4

Malcolm Turnbull - ESFJ 8w7
Bill Shorten - ISTJ 1w2

Julie Bishop - ISTJ 1w9
Julia Gillard - INFP 4w3

Hamish Blake - ENFP 3w4 (“The Inspirer” fits)
Andy Lee - INFJ 9w8

Dave Hughes - ISFP

Heath Ledger - INTP 4w5

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
He was an idealist, always setting goals and envisioning Australian society in the future. When he took office in 2007, he set out to make swift changes which would drive Australia into the 21st Century. Rudd made climate-change a key priority for Labor, wanting to ratify the Kyoto-Protocol and proposing an ambitious emissions trading scheme, which would cut greenhouse gas emissions to 60% by 2050.

I don't know how anyone can suggest that he had inferior-Ne. He wasn't conservative by any measure and was quite clearly driven by his own personal ambitions for the country. If anything, he was too idealistic for his own good. The "Energy Efficient Homes Package" turned out to be a disaster, resulting in the deaths of four workers.

He also majored in Chinese History and is a fluent speaker of Mandarin. While any personality type can have an interest in learning new languages and studying history, INFP are quite often characterised for their linguistic skills. Rudd is also an Anglican and regularly attends the Anglican church in his electorate. Also, TJs are not the only types who are "workaholics" and can "focus on detail". That's just stereotyping. INFPs can be very hard workers, especially if they are passionate for what they are striving towards.

Finally, he was quite clearly influenced by his own emotions and he even became renowned for his outbursts. Doesn't anyone remember the tantrum he threw while practicing for a video conference? He even cried during his farewell speech. A IxTJ would likely have been more composed. Regardless, personality wise, he is a complete contrast to recent Prime Ministers such as Malcolm Turnbull, John Howard and Tony Abbott, who are all conservative by nature and are quite likely *STJs. Really, I don't see how anyone could see Kevin Rudd as anything other than an INxP. His Ne was too influential and apparent in his personality for it to be one of his inferior functions.
You’re mixing focus on information and information processing in decision making, which characterises psychological types, with actual decision making. Also, consider the entire bolded is not just Kevin Rudd but a whole group of people and his cabinet.

So ISFJs can’t have tantrums? They can be influence by emotions, as humans have emotions, it’s how one goes about perceiving and describing emotions which sets us apart (Focus or the thinking process itself)

I believe Julia Gillard However, has the thought process which can be described Fi-Ne, she starts with something that is deeply ingrained in her subjective and internal world of Feeling values. (I.e. capitalism, feminist rights, etc) and ends up doing just as you said ,

This whole video is just her dominant Fi (her subjective values system) being intruded upon and her responding in a deductive and Inferior Te manner, ending on the deductive conclusion that the man opposite is a misogynist. (Ultimatums common to deductive Te thinking)

As you can see Mr. Rosso from Freaks and Geeks is also an INFP 3w4 and he also uses this process (“I took pride in who I am” part at 0:35)

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
I agree with Andy being an ISxP, whereas I would type Hamish as an ENFP if he had anything to do with the production of his shows and jokes. His comedy seem like the work of an Ne dom. I mean, look at his last instragram post... Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 8.58.17 am.jpg :p

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
How is Malcolm Turnbull an ESFJ? He has always come across as being a ISxJ to me. I don't think he's a Fe-dom.
What’s the reasoning? Show me the proof. I believe he is ESFJ 8w7, he has not only the physical mannerisms of the type but also the thinking process of one.

He is Fe as he is consistently displaying the thinking process where every relationship, or aspect of his work is reviewed in the terms of social harmony,relationships and other values which keeps groups together (Fe) as can be seen here:

How he guides the discussion to how the opposition leader is a “sycophant”, (utilising relationships in an advantageous way to himself) and he himself views the world in terms of social relationships and rationalises them in his view of the world and his work. He is also secondary Si, as it comes into support the dominant focus on the rationalisation of group relationships and values he has communicated and he then states the purely subjective interpretation of real experiences in its defence “he’s looking forward to living at the expense of the taxpayer”

we can also understand this as him being in the grip of inferior Ne-Ti, as he is creating a host of imaginary what if scenarios and hypothesis (Ti) to what could go wrong and possibilities for Bill Shorten as an opposition leader.

Let me get some other examples to contrast.

ESFJ 8w7. Vin Diesel’s character’s focus does go from the relationships and focus on what groups’ value (“family”, father, etc) then to experiential details often subjective to himself and one that is not easily communicable, it’s in his own internal world and often comes in the form of memories. (As memories are often subjective and not based on the immediate awareness directly)

note how their mannerisms are also the same.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Russell Coight - ESTP
Troy Kinne - ENTP
Carl Baron - ??

·
Registered
394 Posts

Gotta love Australia, where even the INTJs are the equivalent of ESFPs from anywhere else

1 - 15 of 15 Posts