Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues at Cambridge's Autism Research Centre have created the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ, as a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults. In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives.

Here is the link to the test : Wired 9.12: Take The AQ Test

I scored 33.:laughing:

·
Registered
131 Posts
34 here. Hmm.

Reactions: Hemoglobin

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Score: 25:

Not much of an Aspie here, but I kind of knew that. For some reason, being an Aspie strikes me as an INTP thing, not an INTJ thing.

·
Registered
457 Posts
just 22

Score: 25:

Not much of an Aspie here, but I kind of knew that. For some reason, being an Aspie strikes me as an INTP thing, not an INTJ thing.
maybe we should post the test in their section.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is well known that I score the maximum grade in all of these tests.
*rolls eyes*

In case anybody is wondering... he scored 37.

:tongue:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hmmm...

I'm concerned by my results. It seems I'm getting worse. I took this test a few months back and got 33. After doing it again just now, I've scored a 40. A good deal of my results were around the middle two columns. I wouldn't have considered myself particularly autistic, but the test does.

*shrugs*

*goes back to whatever else he was doing*

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmmm...

I'm concerned by my results. It seems I'm getting worse. I took this test a few months back and got 33. After doing it again just now, I've scored a 40. A good deal of my results were around the middle two columns. I wouldn't have considered myself particularly autistic, but the test does.
It's only an internet test, not a medical diagnosis.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
i was 23. but i think there is a difference between the individual and whether or not someone is just plain "anti-social" (notice the " ").

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
33. That's a nice test. I identify more as autistic than asperger's, although I have mostly outgrown it, also I have control of my physical image projection now. Possibly that's why I am one of the few who feels no compulsion to join the normal people of the world. Although I do a know a few with asperger's who are so desperate to be accepted. I am grateful to have been segregated with INTJs from a young age where no one cared about it since they were very close to the edge of autism, just a lot more socially functional than me. I'm now somewhat of a separatist, hopefully not an elitist, in that I am willing to spend very little time with people who have normal social chemicals, but I do love being around those that have learned it as a language who are fluent. I would want to die if I had to live like most of the people I know. But that's what I think of when INTJs talk about how awful the world is, that they must have grown up in that and don't yet realize that once you are adult you can LEAVE that world.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
32 this time. I believe last time I scored in the mid-twenties.

I think stress has a great influence on these tests. We find comfort in routine and predictability. When our world is topsy-turvy or when our emotions are chaotic, we retreat to a place and mindset of greater control.

i think there is a difference between the individual and whether or not someone is just plain "anti-social" (notice the " ").
I don't understand this. Time and again, posts in various threads have explained that introversion (which this test measures in part) is not an indication of anti-social behavior or attitude. It is a need to retreat in order to process information. Please clarify.

I am willing to spend very little time with people who have normal social chemicals.... I would want to die if I had to live like most of the people I know. But that's what I think of when INTJs talk about how awful the world is, that they must have grown up in that and don't yet realize that once you are adult you can LEAVE that world.
Are you implying that INTJs are somehow abnormal and that we are better off in a separate community, isolated from the rest of the world? What a great loss that would be to us and the rest of humanity.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Are you implying that INTJs are somehow abnormal and that we are better off in a separate community, isolated from the rest of the world? What a great loss that would be to us and the rest of humanity.
I know, I fight with it in myself. It's rude and separatist of me. I just can't bear to be with normal people, so maybe I want company. It's the only time I feel normal, with people like myself. Maybe I will change over time.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts