Ironman: ENTP
Captain America: ESTJ
Hawk: ESTP
Hulk: INFP
Black Widow: ISTP
Thor: ENFJ
Fury: ESTJ
Lowkey: ENTJ
The hulk as in the green dude? or when he is not the hulk aswell?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hulk as in the green dude? or when he is not the hulk aswell?
When hes the normal guy and when hes the hulk, coz I dont think he;d change type, he'd just go even more Fi (hence INFP)
I chose INFP for him when hes normal (as Bruce Banner) coz he seems spacy and a bit out of it, intelligent, wants to help people and also realised that he needs to control his emotion (which was driving him to become the Hulk)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
When hes the normal guy and when hes the hulk, coz I dont think he;d change type, he'd just go even more Fi (hence INFP)
I chose INFP for him when hes normal (as Bruce Banner) coz he seems spacy and a bit out of it, intelligent, wants to help people and also realised that he needs to control his emotion (which was driving him to become the Hulk)
You see i believe he is INTP, he constant fight between his logic and emotions...anger mainly. He is very very Ti aswell

But to me he is the logical scientist who is fighting his inferior function. Sort of like poking an INTP until he snaps, when u back an INTP into a corner, or when ever they are moody and they just explode in emotion, it is their inferior function breaking free. sort of like the hulk transformation. he turns from this genius using his superior function, to this emotional mess, his inferior.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You see i believe he is INTP, he constant fight between his logic and emotions...anger mainly. He is very very Ti aswell

But to me he is the logical scientist who is fighting his inferior function. Sort of like poking an INTP until he snaps, when u back an INTP into a corner, or when ever they are moody and they just explode in emotion, it is their inferior function breaking free. sort of like the hulk transformation. he turns from this genius using his superior function, to this emotional mess, his inferior.
Yeh I was unsure if he was INTP or INFP, I guess if he was INFP he wouldnt have as much control, but then again he could be really mature
But yh INTP is probably more likely coz of the emotional explosion and ur right he is very Ti, and also he doesnt REALLY have the INFP moral compass

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeh I was unsure if he was INTP or INFP, I guess if he was INFP he wouldnt have as much control, but then again he could be really mature
But yh INTP is probably more likely coz of the emotional explosion and ur right he is very Ti, and also he doesnt REALLY have the INFP moral compass
Yeah its the only one i sort of know about really out of them all, or have a few ideas and concepts on, I think thor has traits of a sensor thou and not intuition. But only because of his sort of literal thinking, But he is from another planet so god knows lol

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its the only one i sort of know about really out of them all, or have a few ideas and concepts on, I think thor has traits of a sensor thou and not intuition. But only because of his sort of literal thinking, But he is from another planet so god knows lol
Im pretty much sure of all of them apart from Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow tbh, Hulk I agree INTP, Thor, Im not sure at all, and Black Widow, she is quite manipulative, so maybe shes an N (but she seems like an S)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Im pretty much sure of all of them apart from Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow tbh, Hulk I agree INTP, Thor, Im not sure at all, and Black Widow, she is quite manipulative, so maybe shes an N (but she seems like an S)
I can see black widow being more of an S yeah. Didn't see anything from her really that would suggest N but i might be wrong

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Loki: INFJ
Thor: INFP
Bruce Banner: INTP
Tony Stark: ENTP
Captain America: ISTJ
Black Widow: ISTP
Hawkeye: ISTP
Nick Fury: INTJ

Loki was obviously an INFJ. Remember guys, Hitler was an INFJ. Loki was driven by his belief that it was his rightful place in society to rule, and was emotionally compelled to claim that role - that is what you get with Ni-Fe gone dark-side.

Nick Fury was obviously an INTJ. Quietly trying to manipulate everyone into an efficient team with a vision of what was to come, a mind that pieces everything together and sees the big picture, only saying what needed to be said and never more, trying to maintain his calm, logical attitude but you could see the intensity leaking out anyway sometimes.

Thor was an INFP. He was the stereotypical paladin with his head in the clouds, literally, led by a moral compass to protect Earth and represent the ideal of Asgardian virtue. Virtue and conscience are where the rubber-meets-the-road for INFPs, it's their core, it defines them.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Loki: INTJ
Thor: EXFP
Bruce Banner: INTP
Tony Stark: ENTP
Captain America: ISFJ
Hawkeye: ISTP
Black Widow: DAT ASS (or ISTP)
I agree with you on each character. It's funny, I was thinking about the same thing today and then I came across this thread and saw your post. You got everything that I thought about. I definitely agree that Loki is an INTJ, and I was certain Iron Man was ENTP. Would you say that Thor is an ENFP? He reminds me so much of one. The rest apply, too, especially Captain America.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
@Emerson, @SocioApathetic,

What about Loki makes him seem most like an INTJ, and what about him rules out the more likely conclusion that he is an INFJ?

I'm curious what each of your line of reasoning is here.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

What about Loki makes him seem most like an INTJ, and what about him rules out the more likely conclusion that he is an INFJ?

Although I can understand why Loki might be INFJ as opposed to INTJ, Loki does not strike me as someone who is typically sensitive to conflict. In fact, if anything, he is hardly threatened by the idea. INFJs seem to be intolerant of causing or even facing conflict. It also seems as though he is always plotting thoughts, scanning his environment for ideas to be implemented and weighing those ideas against his current strategy. He is also "misunderstood", as sad as that sounds. All his rage has manifested from years of living in the shadow of his brother who he then discovers is not his biological brother (I am speaking of Loki, of course, within the frame of both Thor and The Avengers). He belongs to neither worlds, caught between a family of giants who left him to die and a family of Asgardians who did not even pay much attention to him. It is for these reasons that I see Loki as an INTJ in search of closure in any way he can get it. He does not wish to understand the nature of what has happened to him, of his life, of his feelings of inferiority to his brother and only wishes to come directly to conclusions about these things, dismissing any outside opinion. Instead of understanding an idea, he seeks to take action in order to apply his knowledge directly and find his closure (e.g. the desire to destroy Jotenheim in its entirety in the movie Thor)
INTJs are natural leaders but prefer to remain in the background until they see a real opportunity to take over the lead, which reminds me of Loki, who remained silent about his wish to be king (unlike his brother Thor, who had been eager since his childhood) up until Oden was no longer able to rule as king and his brother was in exile. After a lifetime of secrets and misunderstandings, Loki presents one of the main INTJ flaws: he blames others for these misunderstandings rather his own difficulty in seeing things from a perspective that is not his own, that is not contingent with his thoughts. For that reason, when he is king, his dismissal of ideas and input of others leads him to seem arrogant (something INTJs tend to struggle with). We see this unhealthy arrogant and elitist thinking when he makes his visit to Stuttgart, Germany in The Avengers. The manner in which he expresses his thoughts shows us that he sincerely believes himself to be a right and worthy ruler of an "inferior" human race (could be that inferiority complex that's responsible).
I cannot see Loki as the genuinely caring INFJ who, in distress, sees chaos where there is organization. Loki does not communicate his emotions with outward displays like his brother does. He is abrupt and short, dislikes inefficiency and puts tremendous amounts of his energy and time to consolidate his insight into structured plans, readying them for implementation.

Forgive me if that rings a bell when it comes to Loki. It's just my opinion. He could be an INFJ to anyone else and I'll still regard him as more of an INTJ. Just that pesky tendency to think I'm always right, and all.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

His complete lack of sentiment. If we're making the comparison to Hitler (Definite INFJ glad that doesn't need clearing up...) he was incredibly sentimental. Cried during his speaches. While Loki seems to demonstrate none of that, Loki feels he is a superior man and thus fit to rule, this follows: Richard Rorty: INTJ H.L Mencken: INTJ Heraclitus: INTJ and Freiderich Nietszche: INTJ

This belief in being a higher being or more powerful is a very Ni-Te sort of thing. His ability to plan ahead on a strategic level, he realizes that to beat the avengers he needs to unleash the hulk so he attempts to do that. As far as a villain he's one who you have to feel sorry for. Stupid Thor.
@SocioApathetic Yeah I could see ENFP, he's focused on being a good man and a good leader, very abstract concepts. Iron Man and Captain America are polar opposites, ones a badass, while the other's just an all round decent guy.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
INFJs seem to be intolerant of causing or even facing conflict. I cannot see Loki as the genuinely caring INFJ who, in distress, sees chaos where there is organization. Loki does not communicate his emotions with outward displays like his brother does. He is abrupt and short, dislikes inefficiency and puts tremendous amounts of his energy and time to consolidate his insight into structured plans, readying them for implementation.
I don't think this is true of INFJs. On the contrary, I imagine an unhealthy INFJ would probably encourage conflict as a means, if they thought that it would lead to peace as an end. Loki actually tended to telegraph his emotional states at least as much as Thor did. I think the misconception here is regarding INFJs - INFJs can be abrupt and short, dislike inefficiency and all of that other stuff you mentioned. Are you just basing this off the healthy INFJ stereotype? An unhealthy INFJ can be extremely dark and wicked, and is arrogantly driven to 'correct' the behavior of others by a sense of moral elitism and superiority, that only they possess the wisdom and insight to define right and wrong, and that others ought to obey them.

His complete lack of sentiment

This belief in being a higher being or more powerful is a very Ni-Te sort of thing.
He seemed to me to have very strong sentiments in the movie, especially about freedom - probably stemming from his feelings of rejection and inferiority to his brother, Thor, and his exile from Asgard, as well as being adopted.

I think the belief in being a "higher being" is more of a Ni-dominant thing than strictly Ni-Te, for reasons I stated above in my response to SocioApathetic. I've seen this kind of innate superiority attitude in INFJs even right here on PerC.

Then again, none of this is even very type specific. Is megalomania really more common in INTJs and INFJs? I've never read any kind of real research done to support that premise, nor have I read any stereotypes, or any cognitive function descriptions to support that conclusion. Not to say that it is untrue or impossible, but I am highly skeptic of it - it sounds to me more like a perpetuated myth created by other types who don't really understand the subjective perspective of Ni-dominants, and so, tend to label them as elitists.

There are lots of factors to consider. My gut says he's an INFJ, but you two could be right. I appreciate the responses, you gave me something to think about.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I don't think this is true of INFJs. On the contrary, I imagine an unhealthy INFJ would probably encourage conflict as a means, if they thought that it would lead to peace as an end. Loki actually tended to telegraph his emotional states at least as much as Thor did. I think the misconception here is regarding INFJs - INFJs can be abrupt and short, dislike inefficiency and all of that other stuff you mentioned. Are you just basing this off the healthy INFJ stereotype? An unhealthy INFJ can be extremely dark and wicked, and is arrogantly driven to 'correct' the behavior of others by a sense of moral elitism and superiority, that only they possess the wisdom and insight to define right and wrong, and that others ought to obey them.

He seemed to me to have very strong sentiments in the movie, especially about freedom - probably stemming from his feelings of rejection and inferiority to his brother, Thor, and his exile from Asgard, as well as being adopted.

I think the belief in being a "higher being" is more of a Ni-dominant thing than strictly Ni-Te, for reasons I stated above in my response to SocioApathetic. I've seen this kind of innate superiority attitude in INFJs even right here on PerC.

Then again, none of this is even very type specific. Is megalomania really more common in INTJs and INFJs? I've never read any kind of real research done to support that premise, nor have I read any stereotypes, or any cognitive function descriptions to support that conclusion. Not to say that it is untrue or impossible, but I am highly skeptic of it - it sounds to me more like a perpetuated myth created by other types who don't really understand the subjective perspective of Ni-dominants, and so, tend to label them as elitists.

There are lots of factors to consider. My gut says he's an INFJ, but you two could be right. I appreciate the responses, you gave me something to think about.
Some good points, not really going to say anything other than likewise...
I agree on the point of Nick Fury being an INTJ.

·
Registered
54 Posts
These kinds of threads are a bit funny. It seems to me that there are quite many people who categorize some characters into their own type, because they think that it would be cool to be in the same group. I'm not accusing anyone here about this, though!

The discussion about Loki's type is pretty interesting. I would vote that he is (according to the movies) an INFJ. The mere idea fascinates me somehow, and Abraxas did give some good points there!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Stark is definitely an ENTP.
Captain America is definitely an ESTJ.
Banner could be an INTP which would also explain the chemistry between him and Spark.

Loki is definitely not an ENTJ. I really hate when people type some power hungry asshole into an ENTJ for no reason. Probably not even an INTJ which I'd say is more likely since he is so introverted. Where is the Te? His "plan" is not very Te-like nor are his social skills towards others (ideal based rather than action based). Plus, he just wanted power for the sake of power as most ENTJs and INTJs would know better - a sure fire way of creating inefficiency which is in complete contrast of Te's desires. All he had was a half baked plan over some illogical vision of him being a ruler with no plan on how to make it better or even sustainable, lack of foresight or even thinking on any of his actions or the state of a world after an invasion (who wants to rule rubble?), complete lack of control over his resources (not true followers, but mindless drones = risk), no contingency plan or even thought put into divergence from the plan or risk (oops, I let an army loose?), etc. Compared to a true Te user, Loki seems really spontaneous.

If there was any character that resembled an ENTJ, it would be Fury. Not because he is an ENTJ (most likely an INTJ), but his use of Te and Ni are much more noticeable. Note his vision, planning, and actual use of resources in the execution of the plan. I could see an argument for INTJ as well. Now, reference that back to Loki and see how they are worlds apart in personality.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stark is definitely an ENTP.
Captain America is definitely an ESTJ.
Banner could be an INTP which would also explain the chemistry between him and Spark.

Loki is definitely not an ENTJ. I really hate when people type some power hungry asshole into an ENTJ for no reason. Probably not even an INTJ which I'd say is more likely since he is so introverted. Where is the Te? His "plan" is not very Te-like nor are his social skills towards others (ideal based rather than action based). Plus, he just wanted power for the sake of power as most ENTJs and INTJs would know better - a sure fire way of creating inefficiency which is in complete contrast of Te's desires. All he had was a half baked plan over some illogical vision of him being a ruler with no plan on how to make it better or even sustainable, lack of foresight or even thinking on any of his actions or the state of a world after an invasion (who wants to rule rubble?), complete lack of control over his resources (not true followers, but mindless drones = risk), no contingency plan or even thought put into divergence from the plan or risk (oops, I let an army loose?), etc. Compared to a true Te user, Loki seems really spontaneous.

If there was any character that resembled an ENTJ, it would be Fury. Not because he is an ENTJ (most likely an INTJ), but his use of Te and Ni are much more noticeable. Note his vision, planning, and actual use of resources in the execution of the plan. I could see an argument for INTJ as well. Now, reference that back to Loki and see how they are worlds apart in personality.
Good argument. Would you say he is an INFJ then like @Abraxas

1 - 20 of 31 Posts