Black Widow - ixtj
Iron Man - entp, can also see someone saying estp
Captain America - isfj
Thor - estp

Unsure about these:
Hawkeye - istp
Loki - xntj, he's definitely a NT
Bruce/Hulk - intp/estp
Nick Fury - I think xSTx or whichever type is highly know for it's awesome bad as*es.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Assuming this is based off the movies, I'd guess:

Hawkeye: ISTP
Thor: ESTP(in the Thor movie)/ ESFJ (in the Avengers movie)
Ironman: ENTP
Captain America: ISFJ
Black Widow: ISTJ
Nick Fury: ESTJ
Loki: INTJ
Bruce Banner: INTP
Hulk: ISTP

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Tony Stark is his typical ENTP personality from his Iron Man movies.

From the preview, Captain America looks ISxJ. Will have to watch the movie next weekend to assess the characters.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Hawkeye - ISTP
Thor - ESTx
Ironman - ENTP
Captain America - ISFJ
Black Widow - IxTJ
Nick Fury - ISTJ
Loki - INTJ
Hulk - ISTP (as the hulk monster rather than the guy)

·
Registered
386 Posts
And not a damn one INFP...I realize I broadened our spectrum to 'superheros" in general...
Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler may come the closest to representing INFP in Marvel movies, based only on my vague comprehension of INFP-ness. He's got a refreshing combination of playfulness and deep inspirational insight, and embodies (in my opinion) the INFP sense of displacement from society, and the subtle/firm/joyful embrace of their unique values in the face of so much opposition.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm interested to see ESTJ for the Captain after all the ISxJs from before! what makes you think E?
He has leadership qualities which I typically see to be more of an ESTJ than ISTJ/ISFJ trait.

On the plane to Iron Man, he's like: "Wait we, need a plan of attack" to which Stark replies "I have a plan, attack"

This looks like Te at work to me, trying to organize a plan or strategy and making it vocal to me sounds like it would a dominant function too.

He is also quite vocal in voicing disapproval again to Stark, "is everything a joke to you"

and not afraid to be confrontational: "go ahead put the suit on"

at the end when they're altogether (the following are paraphrases)

"Thor use your lightning to take out objects in the sky", "Stark do this" "Hulk, Smash"

I see a very careful and planning individual who can not only plan in a logical manner but vocalize and implement that plan. A take charge sort of leader, like the ESTJ.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
In terms of Captain America in the Captain America movie, I would say that he's probably more a Fe user of some sort. He appears to feel a very significant need to do "right" by the standards of his country, and to do the "right" thing for the world. His heavy Fe would pretty much rule out ESTJ.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He has leadership qualities which I typically see to be more of an ESTJ than ISTJ/ISFJ trait.

On the plane to Iron Man, he's like: "Wait we, need a plan of attack" to which Stark replies "I have a plan, attack"

This looks like Te at work to me, trying to organize a plan or strategy and making it vocal to me sounds like it would a dominant function too.

He is also quite vocal in voicing disapproval again to Stark, "is everything a joke to you"

and not afraid to be confrontational: "go ahead put the suit on"

at the end when they're altogether (the following are paraphrases)

"Thor use your lightning to take out objects in the sky", "Stark do this" "Hulk, Smash"

I see a very careful and planning individual who can not only plan in a logical manner but vocalize and implement that plan. A take charge sort of leader, like the ESTJ.
Those are good points, but I thought it might have been very solid Ti with his Fe and Si (includes everyone, uses their best aspects etc and does it in a way he knows i.e. an internal system linked to Si).

In terms of Captain America in the Captain America movie, I would say that he's probably more a Fe user of some sort. He appears to feel a very significant need to do "right" by the standards of his country, and to do the "right" thing for the world. His heavy Fe would pretty much rule out ESTJ.
Yes, I can see what you mean. He comes across as very dutiful and with a 'need' to serve (he seems lost at the start because he has nothing to do, going back to his past by doing old fashioned training).

·
MOTM Mar 2012
613 Posts
I find Captain America to be annoyingly emotional. His decisions are emotional. His actions are emotional. He is obsessed with tradition and ordering others around. I vote ESFJ.

I perceive Black Widow to be an xNFJ. She is composed and has the ability to manipulate others with twists of abstraction. Clearly very 'big picture' minded.

If it wasn't for Ironman and Hulk/Banner, this movie would have no interesting/tolerable characters to make it fun. Captain America is annoying; Thor is flat; Hawkeye, Fury, Black Widow, and Loki are underdeveloped and cliche. Thank goodness for Stark and Banner.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The Avengers

so while watching the movie last night, I found them quite easy to type

Thor: ESFP
Ironman (Tony Stark): ENTJ
Captain America: ISFJ
Black Widow: ESTP
Hawkeye: ISTP
Loki: INTJ (of course)
Dr. Banner (was that his name?) Hulk: INTP?
Samuel Jackson's character: ESTJ
agent Phil (I liked him :) ): ENFP?

am I missing anyone?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thor - ESTP
Iron Man - ENTP for sure, he's the only one I'm really sure of.
Captain America - ISFJ
Black Widow - INTP or *maybe* INTJ
Hawkeye - ISTP
Loki - INTJ
Bruce Banner - INTP or possibly ISTP
Nick Fury (Samuel L Jacksons character) - ISTJ
Agent Phil - No idea

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.