Personality Cafe banner

Average time you spend online each week?

• Less than an Hour

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 1 - 2 Hours

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • 3 - 5 Hours

Votes: 26 5.8%
  • 6 - 10 Hours

Votes: 48 10.8%
  • 11 - 20 Hours

Votes: 60 13.5%
  • 21 - 30 Hours

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • 31 - 50 Hours

Votes: 94 21.1%
  • 51 - 70 Hours

Votes: 63 14.1%
  • 71 - 100 Hours

Votes: 42 9.4%
  • 101+ Hours :O

Votes: 32 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
31-50.... To be exact... 40 hours a week... My job requires me to be online. :tongue: And when I start classes again I'll spend about 10 additional hours online for my online course.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The people who spend the most time on the internet are obviously going to be the ones who vote the most. this poll is not going to collect any useful data. XD

True, but do the polls need to collect useful data? I think most of the polls collect amusing, or insightful information, but not useful. But I could be wrong, as I often am!
:cool:

Reactions: Sunflower

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I said 21-30 hours, it could be more like 31-50. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
518 Posts
It really differs week per week depending on what I've got going on... but I voted for 11-20 hours. ^^

I'm too busy with other stuff to hang out online any longer than that! :tongue:

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
define internet and being online, because I will be at my computer and online but not on the internet, meanwhile I generally have at least two computers downloading files non stop 24 hours a day 7 days a week...

but me personally I spend about 30-40 hours actually interacting with things online. I generally try to download everything that way I can work on it without requiring a net access. Plus I find having my own digital copy of things is much more convenient.. It varies for me, there have been weeks where I have pushed 100+ hours of actual online interaction, mainly when I am busy multi-tasking. but most of the time anymore I have alerts for anything that happens that interests me online, so I no longer have any real need to sit in front of my computer clicking refresh to see if anything has changed in the last minute or two... :D

it's really a tricky question to answer

Reactions: Sunflower

·
Registered
426 Posts
21 - 30 Hours

I spend more time just at the computer than actually on the internet... but I still think I'm rounding *down*... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
11-20 when I'm busy with a project/holiday/things like that outside of the net.
21-30 on average.
31-50 when it's really intense (interests/people/school work).

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
The time varies. If I have homework to do and I'm procrastinating it goes up. If I can't sleep it goes up even more.

I only really go on for these reasons, if I'm bored I'd play playsation or read or write instead, so I don't even go on the internet for being bored lol. I do go on the internet to watch films with whoever's with me on my playstation though so let's say if it's Summer and I don't have homework and I'm sleeping well it would be 3-5 hours a week to watch films with my friends you know?

That sounds about accurate for what's coming up. Better get 1000 posts on this before it's the Summer holidays then.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I put down 11-20, but actually the time varies. When I become really depressed I withdraw from the internet...I spend my time reading books and writing instead.

If I worked more hours I would be spending more time online. Have you ever seen those ads "get paid to surf?" Well, there IS a job which does this...I am a reference librarian. If I worked fulltime the average would at least be bumped up to 50 or 60 hours per week...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Time online

I can't believe people really spend that much time online. It's a bit much dont cha think? I could see if you worked from online or something but if you dont wow. I notice that when i spend a certain amount on the computer it gets boring after a while. I dont think people should be spending that much time on the computer. It makes you lazy and you lose track of things such as time.It makes you waste like your whole day. I think a good thing to do would be to cut back on some of those days because thats just ridiculous.

~Kitten

·
Banned
246 Posts
I'm sure at least 70. No, not because I'm an uber geek :D In my job (web development) I'm constantly relying on Google...

V.

·
Registered
28 Posts
6-10 at the most. I usually have a friend or homework I" forgot" to do a month ago to occupy my time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've spent at least ten hours online today... and counting. The majority of it has been spent browsing PerC (I feel ashamed). It generally varies between six and twelve, though, so I chose the 51-70 range as an average for a week.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I spend way too much time on the internet!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I can't believe people really spend that much time online. It's a bit much dont cha think? I could see if you worked from online or something but if you dont wow. I notice that when i spend a certain amount on the computer it gets boring after a while. I dont think people should be spending that much time on the computer. It makes you lazy and you lose track of things such as time.It makes you waste like your whole day. I think a good thing to do would be to cut back on some of those days because thats just ridiculous.

~Kitten
I don't know about other people, but I am actually no lazier now that I spend a lot of time on the computer than when I was spending the same time reading, and I actually pay more attention to the time since I have a clock right on my screen.

And if you are getting bored then obviously you haven't looked hard enough for something exciting. :wink:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.