Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would this look like? I have avoidant, and I'm afraid I have Borderline too. I don't fit all the criteria, but I fit most of it. A lot of people say it is impossible but I really believe they can co exist.

2,427 Posts
According to Millon's subtypes:
"Discouraged borderline — including avoidant, depressive or dependent features"
You beat me to the punch with the Millon's subtypes. :angry::laughing:

OP:
See above about how it comes together. If you read Millon's Personality Disorders in Modern Life you can get a good overview on how this comes together depending on which features you have. Chances are, you aren't a Discouraged Borderline. According to Millon, these people are REALLY screwed up. To the point where they can end up acting like helpless babies needing to be taken care of. Don't self-diagnose yourself. I know it is tempting with Dr. Google always on call, but don't do it, you're not qualified. If you seriously think you have a problem, go see a psychiatrist or psychologist.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Like Niccolo Machiavelli said above, it's unlikely that you have it, but you should see a psychologist/psychiatrist if you think it's necessary.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
What would this look like? I have avoidant, and I'm afraid I have Borderline too. I don't fit all the criteria, but I fit most of it. A lot of people say it is impossible but I really believe they can co exist.
It is possible to have both. In fact, a large number of people have more than one personality disorder.

Reactions: mushr00m and edtb82

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
For the BPD stuff, feel free to read my posts. I cope pretty well though, and i look at it as a gift. I'm definitely not shallow, or really bad off, i also have some neuroticism that i think contributes to many things, but BPD resemblance the most. Not sure what avoidant is but when reading it, it just sounds normal to me haha. :D

Shortcomings? Well yea, but i think there is a line when we hyperfocus on shortcomings to the point of being depressed. I'm not depressed.

I definitely dont have a job though ;) However, I am Im in grad school. I must say it is easy though and i spend my time working out, um, and doing things like making videos to get over social phobia, u can see 2 i just dropped a couple days ago in the infp v log forum, and im not sure what else. I spend a lot of time going over what my values are in life, and making plans and stuff.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts
It is possible to have both. In fact, a large number of people have more than one personality disorder.
Its true, most people with BPD have another/other coexisting personality disorders such as OCD or Depression, Avoidant is also common.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts