Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Does the information in the above link sound like someone Fi - or simply someone introverted?

That description fits me to a 'tee' in my teenage and young adult years.

However, today, due to a number of life experiences, I think I have more self-confidence than what that link describes.

For example, in my teenage years, I could only 'lurk' various discussion forms, because I was so sensitive about my posts not getting approval. However, these days, I just rattle my ideas off, knowing that some people will agree and some disagree. I think that life experiences like majoring in philosophy and having to voice my opinion in front of others has remedied this problem.

In reality, whether it is introversion or introverted feeling, that seems more like my auxiliary function than my leading function these days...

What do you think? Is someone avoidant more introverted or more feeling?

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I think Avoidant Personality disorder has more to do with abuse, rather than mbti. But that is just my view. Many people with avoidant personality disorder from what I have seen also had traumatic abuse in their case files. I never saw any correlation with mbti.

I guess if I was just going to pin point however a type that is most prone to naturally evade I think it is the IxxPs. As far as 'peace keepers'.

·
Registered
ISTP, 6w5 sx/so, 631 Tritype
3,240 Posts
Cognitive Extrovertion/Introvertion has nothing to do with Social Extrovertion/Introvertion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts