Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could be out front with the guys, talking about really stupid stuff, getting offended when a certain one of them says sexist stuff and shows titty pictures, and hang around while the rest of them get drunk and make fools of themselves, while music plays so loud that it really bothers me.

Sorry, no way no how. Even though it's New Years Eve.

I do wish that I had a good friend to be with, but whatever. I can do things on my own, no problem. This will be the last night for my Christmas lights and decorations -- tomorrow I'll be packing them all away, so I'm enjoying them. I'm eating the last of the Christmas candy and lemon bars. I'm watching a Twilight Zone Marathon -- Yay! About 11:30 I'll tune into the time square celebration rerun so that I can watch the ball fall at midnight. I premade a special fruit salad so that I could have something special to eat tonight. It was really yum! And during commercials I'm on the internet.

On a more sober note, choosing my new year's resolution was more serious to me. I try to resolve to be a better human being. This year I've chosen the mitzvah (good deed) of welcoming the stranger. Exodus 22:21 "Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt." I've chosen to take on two immigrant Chinese students gratis, to help them with their English and composition.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i had planned to go out with friends but none of them could commit to a solid plan and were being really flakey. i got so annoyed that they couldn't communicate basic logistics that i bailed and spent it with my family. don't regret it... had 1.5 glasses of wine so no hangover, a nice home cooked meal, and was in bed by 1... so basically ideal? why did i even want to go out and get drunk in the first place?

·
SAY MY NAME
8,470 Posts
I had mad fun at a house party

If you can't do that because your friends, then it's likely a sign that you need to make friends who are more aligned with what you're about. Believe me. This was the first time I've done anything for NYE in 6 or 7 years, and I had a blast because I spent it with good people who I only befriended this year :happy:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I had a nice evening with my sister and my niece. We cooked dinner, had vermouth and campaign, and melted chocolate in the crock pot to make fondue. We had been planning to go to a party but then we realized it was 9 degrees (F) outside and none of us felt like leaving the house. In bed by 1:30 or 2 :)

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,613 Posts
I spent the latter half of New Year's Eve and the earlier half of New Year's Day with my boyfriend. We saw the ball drop, shared a kiss, then fell asleep like an old couple. Best New Year's ever! :blushed:

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,602 Posts
On New Years Eve, I stayed over at my friend's house and we watched Thor while eating snacks. We also played some games after the movie was finished. We stayed up until midnight and then went to bed shortly after. The next day, we had a brunch at my house with some friends and went to my grandparents' house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts